www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Tool+

Z-Tool+ Discussions about Z-Tool+ Z-Wave installation software

Old July 28th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbakels View Post
dear all,

I have also problems with the app on android. on startup I get this message:

Code:
error getinterfaceslist

unexpected character encountered while parsing value: b. path ",line 0, position 0.
I have local login enabled, jso enabled and tried the zwave2.db renaming. still no luck

When i select one of the functions of the app, i get object reference is not set to an instance of the object

I am on 1.94 and the latest zwave .25

regards

Bart
anyone else having these issues?
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Z-Tool+ IOS is Live

You can download the IOS version now. Of course, it's the older version. We're submitting the update today. That will likely take another 2 weeks or more to clear.

website | products | support | youtube
Old July 29th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

I am on HS 3.194 and was on zwave .23..installed Z-Tool+ and got first a message needing to be on version 194 or higher, then got an Error: GetInterfacesList. Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: j. Path ", line 0 position 0.

I upgraded the zwave to .25 and the 194 error message disappeared but I still get the GetInterfacesList error. If I press OK, then add/remove/abort fields are greyed out.

I do have logins from local subnets disabled and I do run HS at a high numbered port..and as noted above I can't seem to specify a port number in case that's the problem. The app does see my server though and puts its name and local ip number on the top line.

thoughts?
HS3.0.0.318,BLRF, BLBackup2.27, Netcam , HSTouch 3.0.102 (iPad and Android), Global Cache Pro 5.0.0.56, UltraNetatmo3, UltraRachio3.0.6104.19146 ZNet-Ethernet, HSM100s,/200s,Aeon Multisensors and PowerStrips, 3x2Gig CT30 and 2x2Gig CT100 ZWave-Thermostats. Zwave nodes: 121. Devices: 548. Events: 154. Windows 7.
Old July 29th, 2015, 04:43 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcwilliams View Post
thoughts?
  • make sure you can connect locally without logging in.
  • make sure JSON is enabled in the settings
Old July 29th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Seer Master

Side note for bug

My tool now appears to be working. (iOS, HS3Pro .194, zwave .25). It is worth noting that I did experience a bug where the app simply crashed every time I opened it. It happened after I had updated HS3Pro to .194, and *before* I had update the zwave plugin to .25 (I was at .22 at the time). It might be worth figuring out what was causing the crash so it can make a slightly more graceful and informative exit.

Once I updated to zwave .25, it worked fine....

regards,

Paul
Old July 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

I could already login locally without a problem, but enabling JSON once I found out where to do that made it work.

Thanks!
Old July 31st, 2015, 03:33 AM
Seer Master

I carried out a homeseer repair installation, and everything is functioning fine afterwards my z-tool issues are resolved and no errors anymore on startup of z-tool

regards

Bart
Old July 31st, 2015, 05:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

Just loaded this on my new Windows Phone.....very nice....loads and connects extremely quickly. One option I would like to see added please is Restart Interface. Would be useful whenever a connectivity test returns multiple failures and appears to be 'locked up'. The Restart usually sorts it out.
Neil
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Seer Master

I have Z-Tool+ installed on my iPhone 6+ and have version 3.0.0.194 of HomeseerPro and version 3.0.1.25 of the zWave plugin installed. I have JSON enabled along with no password for local connections. When i launch Z-Tool+ on my iPhone all i get is the application screen with no information displayed except for the applications text.

What could i be missing as getting this to work would be of great help.

Regards,
Judd
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpape View Post
I have Z-Tool+ installed on my iPhone 6+ and have version 3.0.0.194 of HomeseerPro and version 3.0.1.25 of the zWave plugin installed. I have JSON enabled along with no password for local connections. When i launch Z-Tool+ on my iPhone all i get is the application screen with no information displayed except for the applications text.
What could i be missing as getting this to work would be of great help.

Regards,
Judd
Same here, no system discovered.
What is the mechanism used for the app to find the local HS3 server ?

Z
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Super Seer

My guess is that it uses find.homeseer.com. Does that work in your phone browser and show your HS Machine (and Z-Net if you have one)?
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
My guess is that it uses find.homeseer.com. Does that work in your phone browser and show your HS Machine (and Z-Net if you have one)?
Makes sense but it fails the Search there as well. I can ping as well as access HS3 on the port I've assigned it to (both internally, externally and through MyHS), but perhaps they use a different port to Search. I disabled the firewall, etc, so pretty sure it's not being blocked.
When I have time, I'll crank up wireshark and see if I can figure out what's occurring.

Thanks,
Z
Old August 5th, 2015, 11:10 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

It does used find.homeseer.com, so go to that site on your phone and make sure you can see your system.

If so, in HS, make sure JSON is enabled in setup and the setting "no password required for local subnet" is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
Makes sense but it fails the Search there as well. I can ping as well as access HS3 on the port I've assigned it to (both internally, externally and through MyHS), but perhaps they use a different port to Search. I disabled the firewall, etc, so pretty sure it's not being blocked.
When I have time, I'll crank up wireshark and see if I can figure out what's occurring.

Thanks,
Z

website | products | support | youtube
Old August 5th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
It does used find.homeseer.com, so go to that site on your phone and make sure you can see your system.

If so, in HS, make sure JSON is enabled in setup and the setting "no password required for local subnet" is enabled.
That's the problem, it doesn't come up with anything when I search, just the header bar.
JSON is on (Enable control using JSON), and local login without password as well.

How are you actually finding the HS3 system with find? Does the HS3 server phone home or is it located locally on the LAN?

The app was able to find the test RaspPI I had running HS3, so I suspect something local here is blocking access to the primary HS3 server (Did turn off firewall to test as well)

MyHS works as well without any issues.

Thanks,
Z

UPDATE:
Another clue is that it (find.homeseer.com) does work on HS3 server, so probably a Server or LAN network issue. Would still like to know the mechanism so I can try to look for it.

Last edited by vasrc; August 5th, 2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old August 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

If you can get to find.homeseer.com on the actual unit, then HS3 should be able to access it. It just registers your local IP address so it can be displayed. I have not heard of a system not registering, that is odd.

Quote:
That's the problem, it doesn't come up with anything when I search, just the header bar.
JSON is on (Enable control using JSON), and local login without password as well.

How are you actually finding the HS3 system with find? Does the HS3 server phone home or is it located locally on the LAN?

The app was able to find the test RaspPI I had running HS3, so I suspect something local here is blocking access to the primary HS3 server (Did turn off firewall to test as well)

MyHS works as well without any issues.

Thanks,
Z

UPDATE:
Another clue is that it (find.homeseer.com) does work on HS3 server, so probably a Server or LAN network issue. Would still like to know the mechanism so I can try to look for it.
Old August 5th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
If you can get to find.homeseer.com on the actual unit, then HS3 should be able to access it. It just registers your local IP address so it can be displayed. I have not heard of a system not registering, that is odd.
How is "it" finding the HS3 IP address on the LAN? Port or service request?
I'm not running port 80 for the HS3 server if that's an issue.

Z
Old August 5th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
How is "it" finding the HS3 IP address on the LAN? Port or service request?
I'm not running port 80 for the HS3 server if that's an issue.

Z
OK, I Wiresharked it and:
I see the HTTP query go out to find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx (209.239.115.225)
The query contains a cookie with my HS3 license
The response includes the table header, but there's no link/data returned.

Exactly how does find.homeseer.com determine/return the IP address/Computer name of my HS3 system? Something in my LAN setup seems to be blocking those requests.

Z

BTW, our LAN has a domain, but the HS3 server is NOT part of the domain, albeit on the same LAN.

Last edited by vasrc; August 6th, 2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Update
Old August 6th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Seer

Angry Z-TOOL+

I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old August 6th, 2015, 03:14 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

It just makes a system call to find the PC local IP address. Go to the about screen in HS and it will display the IP address that it thinks HS is on, that will be the same IP address that find.homeseer uses.

The local IP is also displayed in the log when you start HS. I suspect your network setup is confusing our method for determining the local IP. Also, the WAN address from the find.homeseer call must match the WAN address that the is on the find.homeseer web page call. If those addresses do not match, it will not display anything (as it does not know who the request is from).

Quote:
OK, I Wiresharked it and:
I see the HTTP query go out to find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx (209.239.115.225)
The query contains a cookie with my HS3 license
The response includes the table header, but there's no link/data returned.

Exactly how does find.homeseer.com determine/return the IP address/Computer name of my HS3 system? Something in my LAN setup seems to be blocking those requests.

Z

BTW, our LAN has a domain, but the HS3 server is NOT part of the domain, albeit on the same LAN.
Old August 6th, 2015, 03:16 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Did you check:

* Make sure JSON is enabled in the HS setup network tab
* Make sure "No password required for local subnet" is enabled in HS setup Network tab
* Make sure you are running HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later and the latest Z-Wave plugin in the updater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askewj View Post
I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff