This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Any chance your new switches can work in partnership with the GE accessory switches? I have a 4-way and 3-way location that I would love to add the double tap functionality (for nearby lights without a switch), especially if I can just switch out the main switch. . .but replacing the entire 4-way setup probably not likely.
    no idea. the wires required are the same but I have no way of knowing if it will work.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hm. Would the engineers know? Will it hurt the hardware to try? I haven't ever had any non-GE accessory switches to test with.

Comment

Plans for Light Almond

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Not initially. Perhaps later in the year.

+1 looking for Light Almond

Comment

Can the dimmer switch control a ceiling fan?

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
            Any plans to offer in color "Light Almond"?
            Not initially. Perhaps later in the year.
            I made the mistake of install ivory colored outlets and switches when we remodeled. I also vote for ivory covers. Can't order until then.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by markmm7 View Post
              Can the dimmer switch control a ceiling fan?
              no. the HS-WS100+ switch can be used for on-off control of a fan. If you need a controller with speed adjustments, you'll need to GE fan controller that we carry.

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
              I made the mistake of install ivory colored outlets and switches when we remodeled. I also vote for ivory covers. Can't order until then.

Barry
              Barry - there's a chance we can get light almond but ivory is not available to us. sorry.

Comment

Installed my On/Off switch this afternoon. Looks good, and paired easily.

Using it in place of an Insteon KeypadLinc. Works nicely using both double-click and triple-click, which do not operate the load.

Quite happy with the product.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                  Installed my On/Off switch this afternoon. Looks good, and paired easily.

Using it in place of an Insteon KeypadLinc. Works nicely using both double-click and triple-click, which do not operate the load.

Quite happy with the product.
                  Excellent!

Comment

Is there any specific reason not to use dimmers if the ramp rate can be set to act like on/off switch?

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger
                      This may.. and I will stretch... May save me. to setup an association and a double tap turn on say under cabinet lights may do something but may not for the wife.
                      i use this in the kitchen to switch 5 other lights so the all come on at once, not on the double tap but on a single press. its also not dependent on homeseer so it works regardless of homeseer being up or not.

it switches on the main lights, sink lights, under cabs and also accent lighting.

did the same thing in the bedroom.
                      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                        Is there any specific reason not to use dimmers if the ramp rate can be set to act like on/off switch?
                        i use dimmers mainly so that i can adjust the light level. i have a few dimmers set on instant on as i have had guests get confused by the ramp on effect.
                        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          i use dimmers mainly so that i can adjust the light level. i have a few dimmers set on instant on as i have had guests get confused by the ramp on effect.
                          Ah yes, the 'ol anything other than a traditional on off switch confuses me crowd. Guests sometimes are afraid to try to use our Leviton paddle switches, which I find comical.

Comment

no. the HS-WS100+ switch can be used for on-off control of a fan. If you need a controller with speed adjustments, you'll need to GE fan controller that we carry.
                            What z-wave needs is an answer to the fanlic. I can't believe no one has made one yet. Because of this, I can't leave insteon.... Though the new features of double and triple taps intrigues me.

Do the associations work for dimming like it does in insteon (the linked devices all dim together in unison when adjust the dim level)?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Reposting on this thread. I ordered 5 dimmers, 5 companions (2-way) & 2 relay switches on Tuesday to evaluate and they showed up today. I just installed the first relay with companion, straight forward, included via Z-Tool+ app and manually controlled from the web interface and HStouch with no issues.

I'm just starting to overhaul my old system (Stargate/HS2/X-10) with a brand new ZeeS2 and this was the first Z-Wave device I connected. Switches look like quality built hardware.

Pretty happy to see the price point on these better than anything else with instant status, and I hope to make use of the double tap to replicate something my old system does to ignore motion and timers to leave lights off/on.

John

Comment

Well, instant status does not seem to be working. When locally controlled from main or companion switch the device status remains unchanged on the web interface and HStouch. I didn't see any configs in HS3 to enable this. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X