Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight reboot, busted interface?

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone has seen this my below issue before rather than me wiping the Zwave interface and starting again;

Running Win10 with an Aeon labs Gen 5 interface, 3.0.1.130 plugin version and HS Pro 3.0.0.318.

Had an overnight reboot which seemed to knock everything out (meaning my heating/hot water didn't come on which was the first warning). Everything has been ticking along fine for months to the point where i have not been checking up and everything has been fine. Have tried to uninstall the latest windows update that had caused it but this made no difference.

I am getting repeated lock ups on the zwave plugin when trying to do any testing or optimisation to bring various nodes back online with;

Code:
    Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    or
    Calling HSEvent in plugin Z-Wave, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Device Upstairs Guest Room Light Optimization did NOT start successfully, Add Route was not attempted.
    If i try to optimise a node which is showing as unknown directly it kicks me back to the device page and all other devices are basically not responding.

I did seem to have a node which had been sending a lot of updates for a while which i have taken out but it seems to be something to do with the interface.

I have taken a backup of the interface but as its not a Homeseer device it does not give a restore option (took a while to re-find that reason), so i cannot rebuild the DB.

I have tried rolling forward to the Beta Zwave plugin but this made no difference in bringing the nodes back online so this was rolled back again.

I don't normally ask but it feels like its a simple fix but i can't for the life of me see it, even after searching the forums.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Cheers
    Matt

Try uninstalling your Z-Wave plugin and then reinstalling it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Excellent Thanks Rupp, I knew I had missed something simple.

That's resolved the plugin issues but there seems to be a load of devices not responding. My lounge TV has just turned itself on though, so i would say that's a good start as the motion sensor must have picked me up.

I think i have a lot of optimisations to do however the switching devices are not really responding at the moment!

Oh well i will have a go and see where i end up.

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Something is still not right with the system, optimisations seem to fail on too many nodes and when i managed to remove my heating controller (possibly by fluke) i am now consistently getting the below when trying to add/include a node:
        Code:
        Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.
        Error: Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.
        Have tried various disable/re-enable of plugin and re-initialisation of the interface along with re-installing the plugin again but it still gives the same problem.

Really don't want to wipe everything and start again but its starting to feel like an interface issue again.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Matt

Comment

OK - Have found a thread mentioning the same issue with their interface and Scott went the route of wiping and starting again.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=171142&page=2

That will be the quickest route i think as it seems that the stick has corrupted during the reboot somehow.

Cheers
          Matt

Comment

Working...
          X