This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting this error in 2.6.86

TCPServer_SendTextFile Line 300 Object variable or With block variable not set

Comment

I suspect it is infrequent and is normal for a browser/server connection. Most servers dont provide the error feedback and the user typically just does a refresh or similiar operation. I think I will just degrade the error reporting on these to debug file only and not provide the feedback in the message log.

Comment

Area Start Times Change

Per Mountainman's suggestion the Area Start Times and Duration Factors have been changed to remove the AM/PM groupings and provide a continuous set of up to 24 times. Each time can be specified as absolute, sunrise-relative, or sunset-relative.

Anyone who currently is using Sunrise or Sunset times in the Area setup will need to manually respecify that they want the times to be relative times by selecting the radio button for each time on Version 2.6.99 and later.

Comment

When I updated from .97 to .99 I noticed that my Forcasted times were suddenly all wrong again and the Zones Status pages showed a red status of "Status: duration is 0" for all my calculated zones.

Is this the result of a database change or something, whereby it'll look better after some data flows though? I sure hope so.

I tried going back to .97 ... but it was still doing the same thing when I went back. So I'm back on .99 but just hoping that things will be fine, just the Forcasted stuff

Comment

I did all my testing for the change when in Day Of Week strategy and missed the dependency that exists with the non-timed modes. It is fixed in V2.6.100. If you go back to a timed mode now you will need to reset your Area duration factor since it likley is now saved to your ini file as duration of 0.

Comment

Thanks Michael for the quick update.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It the start times were still not correct as Mountainman posted. V2.6.101 has the corrections.

Comment

Michael, I have let the plugin do its own thing. Great plugin! I have not looked at the mcsSprinkler config page in a while. Actually until I read the threads here...but have demo'd it (ML screens) to many of my neighbors.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

little problem
                    dont see "calendar view of ET History". Open the "http://localhost/mcsSprinklers/mcsSprinklers.asp?Page=calendar9372" popup, but empty

Comment

That probably means you have an earlier version where subscript range errors prevented the page from being displayed. Anything in the log? The current version is 2.6.102. The URL is correct assuming that the ascii value of the status devices' house code is 93.

Comment

Direct X10 control

mcsSprinklers supports use of an alias device for remote/manual control of individual zones. As of version 2.6.108 it will also allow remote/manual control by using the X10 device code of the valve itself. Prior to this, if mcsSprinklers recognized that the valve was not in the position at which it was not expecting then it would set the valve to what it knows to be the correct state.

If you are setup for B1 to be a zone and B1 is commanded ON via a maxicontroller, palmpad, homeseer devices/status page or other external source then mcsSprinklers will treat this the same as if B1 had been commanded from the mcsSprinklers General Status page or Zone Status page.

The limitation imposed on this mode of control is that mcsSprinklers will not recognize an external direct X10 command within 10 seconds of a command that it made to the same valve. This limitation does not exist if the control is via the alias device that was setup on the Remote Page.

Comment

I don't want to incite any panic here, but after installing 119, all seemed well ... till the following morning (this morning). This morning, my entire mcssprinklers database and configuration was gone and mcssprinklers was still running, but with no clue of what to do (no zones, no area, nothing defined). It was showing green in the system tray, but nothing was actually occurring. I used system restore to go back a day and all is well now. Nothing else on my computer was messed up, but I have to say I was having a major mcssprinklers cow before work today.

Comment

I assume you no longer have a copy of the mcsSprinklers.ini which contains the configuation information or the mcsSprinklers.mdb which will show the last change times when things were being controlled? I doubt if it was a 2.6.119-specific issue, but I do not know what can cause the entire .ini file to be wiped out. Writing to the ini file is done in selective segments based upon the setup page when the Save button is clicked. In some of my other applications I maintain ten rather than one prior version of the ini file to make it easy to go back to an earlier setup if desired. While this does not address why the file was destroyed, it does provide a less painful recovery mechanism.

Comment

I seem to have all the usual files now that I used system restore to effectively go back a day. I had changed both of my two areas from ET based to the even/odd strategy and had clicked save a number of times when doing that re-configuration last night. When I went to bed, it showed correct projected times for all zones and looked ready to run around 3:30am ... so when I viewed it at 6:30am, it was in the state I described above. I also noticed that on at least 1 or 2 previous occasions, that the tray icon has disappeared, but I still see Sprinklers running in the XP task manager. In these instances, I have had to kill the process, because I could not figure a way to control it except by right clicking on the tray icon, which didn't exist in those instances. I don't know if anyone else has seen that behavior before.

Comment

Additioan Sensor Popups added

V2.6.162 adds popups for calendar and detail of the sensors used by mcsSprinklers. The calendar will typically show the max value and the detail will show the hourly value for the clicked day.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X