Pentair Easytouch interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone interested in a Plug-In to interface with a Pentair Easytouch panel (Pool/Spa controller)?

I have developed one for my use along with a iPad interface for controlling the pool.

It is interfaced through a arduino(RS485) to the homeseer PC.

Let me know.

I also have a Denon receiver plugin and a Blink car charger plugin.

Jason
    Last edited by jrhubott; November 30, 2012, 03:57 PM.

I would be interested in this. I have a pentair easy touch system installed and would love to control it via homeseer.

Comment

What features and controls does your Pentair plugin have?
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I have been waiting for a homeseer plugin for Pentair or Jandy before purchasing. If there is a way to interface with Pentair that would help with my decision. I would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
          I have been waiting for a homeseer plugin for Pentair or Jandy before purchasing. If there is a way to interface with Pentair that would help with my decision. I would be interested.
          If you search the message board for Jandy you should find an older plugin for this. Barry in Florida wrote it years ago.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My plugin requires a hardware component to interface to the RS485 bus of the Pentair easytouch. That is the only reason I have not made it publicly available.

I currently use a NetDuino for the RS485 to Ethernet conversion. The NetDuino also provide direct control through a simple web page without the need for the homeseer plugin.

If enough interest is present I would be willing to make all the parts available.

Jason
            Last edited by jrhubott; January 8, 2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              If you search the message board for Jandy you should find an older plugin for this. Barry in Florida wrote it years ago.
              yes i did see this. moving forward towards HS3, not sure if this will be an option anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                yes i did see this. moving forward towards HS3, not sure if this will be an option anymore.
                My guess is you are right. It most likely will not get upgraded.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
                  My plugin requires a hardware component to interface to the RS485 bus of the Pentair easytouch. That is the only reason I have not made it publicly available.

I currently use a NetDuino for the RS485 to Ethernet conversion. The NetDuino also provide direct control through a simple web page without the need for the homeseer plugin.

If enough interest is present I would be willing to make all the parts available.

Jason
                  Hi Jason,
                  I'm very interested in your Plugin for EasyTouch. I just purchased a wifi to RS485 and want to see if I can make it work. Many thanks in advance.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post

Jason
                    I am interested in this as well! The software, parts list, and notes would be incredibly helpful. For those of us with Pentair systems, managing them more "intelligently" can have a massive impact on efficiency, as they are the single largest consumer of power in most homes. Writing some Homeseer magic to vary the amount of filtering based on water temperature and seasonality could have a massive impact on annual energy consumption of the otherwise "static" configuration that the the thing runs by default. Thanks for doing this!

Chris

Comment

I am interested as well. Does this just sit right on the keypad bus? Can you share the RS485 protocol details? I want to get my system controlling the easytouch and I don't want to have to replace it with the intellitouch and then but a $500 RS485->232 adapter/protocol adapter. :-)

Thanks!

-jr

Comment

Originally posted by jamesr219 View Post
                        I am interested as well. Does this just sit right on the keypad bus? Can you share the RS485 protocol details? I want to get my system controlling the easytouch and I don't want to have to replace it with the intellitouch and then but a $500 RS485->232 adapter/protocol adapter. :-)

Thanks!

-jr
                        Sits on the keypad bus. Let me see if I can dig some of the code out over the holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/i-LinkUG.pdf

This device appears to be a serial (RS-232) protocol adapter that exposes all functionality of the SunTouch via an RS-485 interface to the SunTouch control center. This could be used with a Global Cache WF2SL (http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/wf2slspecs/) and a fairly straightforward HomeSeer module to expose all of the functionality of the SunTouch system within HomeSeer.

Has anyone looked into this?

Comment

jrhubott,

Any luck on your code?

Comment

Working...
                              X