Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwikset Lock cannot add security class - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Lock cannot add security class - Solution!

I've read all the threads in here about how to add a Kiwkset lock and to get the security class loaded. Nada!

I installed the lock at the garage door (which is about 3' from two Linear z-wave switches) and brought the aeon lab z-stick and excluded the node, then included it. Hooked it up to the computer and tried to import the node info and all that comes up is a device "Black and Decker Entry Control Node XX". So I try to rescan it, nada.

I then tried using the android Z-Tool+ app, to include the node. Nada.

Then I removed the brains of the lock and brought it down to my HS3 PC and placed it 6" away from the z-stick and tried to add the node, same thing it would add the device "Black and Decker Entry Control Node XX". I then try to rescan and it still can't get the security class info.

I tried to do a factory reset on the lock and try to add the node via HS3 with it being 6" away...nothing.

The only thing I didn't try was to eliminate polling. I have about 25 Z-wave devices set to poll every 2 minutes and XX seconds. Now do I have to go through every single one and remove polling, then try to add the lock and if it does work then have to go back and set the polling time for all the nodes again? Is there an easier way to disable polling of all z-wave devices?

The crazy part is that I already have this exact same lock for our front door that I added (although I do remember it being a bit tricky) back in December of last year. But adding this new one just seems to be impossible.

I then put the lock back in the garage door at around midnight last night and went to bed. I just rescanned it now and this is what comes up in the log:

Sep-21 9:24:26 AM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Node 61 Z-Wave Black and Decker Entry Control Node 61 (61)
    Sep-21 9:24:26 AM Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 61
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 61
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Warning In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Warning If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Warning The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 61. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Sep-21 9:24:13 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 61
    I have removed and added this node almost 10 times last night and it just doesn't want to pass the security info over to Homeseer. I am running the Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series 2 with latest firmware (as of last night), HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.205 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.30 plugin.

Any idea?

Not sure about using z-stick, but I've added about 12 of those with my z-trollers with no issues. Put the z-wave lock near your controller (which should be connected to your HS server), then select 'add node' from your Z-wave/controllers screen. Hit start on that web page, then click the physical 'add' button on the lock.

I've read that it should be less than 1 ft away from the controller, but I actually have a couple of doors about 8ft away from one of my z-troller. So I just swap the z-wave card to it, and 'borrow' the lock on that door to program new modules.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
      Not sure about using z-stick, but I've added about 12 of those with my z-trollers with no issues. Put the z-wave lock near your controller (which should be connected to your HS server), then select 'add node' from your Z-wave/controllers screen. Hit start on that web page, then click the physical 'add' button on the lock.

I've read that it should be less than 1 ft away from the controller, but I actually have a couple of doors about 8ft away from one of my z-troller. So I just swap the z-wave card to it, and 'borrow' the lock on that door to program new modules.
      Hmph I've done that about 10 time and it never discovers the security class. I'll give it a go here again in the next day or two. I've never had such a difficult time adding a device as I have with these door locks, especially this latest one.

Comment

I have no idea why I can't get the security class for this device... Is it something to do with the latest z-wave plugin? I am running the latest beta.

I can do this for nearly hours and it always ends up the same:

Add Node started...
        Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node...
        A new node has been found and is being added...
        Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
        DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
        Done. Node 65 Added.
        Reloading (importing) node information...
        Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
        Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
        Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 65
        Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 65. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
        Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
        Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
        Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
        Getting SECURITY class information for node 65
        Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 65
        Finished.
        I then remove the node, redo the process of adding it and go up to the next node #...needless to say I have a lot of blank nodes from having to delete and increment to the next one in the queue. I have successfully added the same lock before, but for some reason this one just won't add. Any ideas?

How do I keep the node from timing out?

I do recall reading that it does take a while for the security class info to pass through, so if the aeon labs stick is polling other devices it can interrupt this process? I have 30 nodes, each of which are polled every 2 minutes and XX seconds (XX is the node #). Now do I have to go through every node and shut off polling?
        Last edited by Conrad_Turbo; October 4, 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Add Node started...
          Done. Node 65 Added.
          Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
          Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 65
          Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 65. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
          Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
          Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
          Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
          Getting SECURITY class information for node 65
          Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 65
          Finished.
          It seems I was one revision back from the latest z-wave plugin and HS3. So I updated both, and this is what I got after removing the device and then adding it via the "Add/Include a Node" with the Aeon z-stick installed in the HS3 PC. I also changed all the z-wave devices to have polling disabled to reduce any z-wave traffic.

Any idea what's going on? Oh and while I did the add/include node I have the whole door lock mechanism sitting 2" away from the z-stick.

And then here I remove it, add it again and get this...

Add Node started...
          Done. Node 69 Added.
          Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 69, ID: 144=90H (Black and Decker), Type: 1=1H, ID: 1=1H
          Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 69
          Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 69. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
          Getting SECURITY class information for node 69
          Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 69
          Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Node 69 Z-Wave Black and Decker Entry Control Node 69 (69)
          Finished.
          No consistency... I then "Test Connectivity" and sometimes it fails to reach the node and other times it does. Optimization works and doesn't. Is there just something wrong with this doorlock or is it to do with HS3?

Edit: I just tried to rescan my other Kiwkset lock to see what would happen. It's on the main floor, HS3 PC is in the basement and about 40ft away. This is what I get:

Oct-04 11:23:59 PM Z-Wave 4 out of 4 Child devices of node 8 were created successfully.
          Oct-04 11:23:59 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to set the current date and time using TIME PARAMETERS command class on Door Access Front Entryway Kiwkset Lock Door Lock Node 8 Root
          Oct-04 11:23:59 PM Z-Wave Warning Error setting TIME PARAMETERS information for node 8, Send failed.
          Oct-04 11:23:26 PM Z-Wave Door Access Front Entryway Kiwkset Lock Door Lock Node 8 Root supports having its date/time set. Current TimeZone is Canada Central Standard Time with a UTC offset of -6h, 0m and a Current UTC time of 05/10/2015 5:23 AM
          Oct-04 11:23:14 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Door Access Front Entryway Kiwkset Lock Door Lock Node 8 Root
          Oct-04 11:23:04 PM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Door Access Front Entryway Kiwkset Lock Door Lock Node 8 Root (8)
          Oct-04 11:23:03 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 8 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
          Oct-04 11:23:03 PM Z-Wave Node 8 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 1
          Oct-04 11:22:59 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 8
          Oct-04 11:22:54 PM Z-Wave Node 8 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.52 App: 3.33
          Oct-04 11:22:50 PM Z-Wave Node: 8 Supports Secure Class(es): BASIC, BATTERY, SECURITY, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, ALARM_V2, DOOR_LOCK_V2, PROTECTION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, USER_CODE, SCHEDULE_ENTRY_LOCK, DOOR_LOCK_LOGGING, TIME_PARAMETERS, ANTITHEFT_V2
          Oct-04 11:22:50 PM Z-Wave Node: 8 Supports Class(es): SECURITY, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2
          Oct-04 11:22:50 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
          Oct-04 11:22:50 PM Z-Wave Found 30 Z-Wave nodes
          Oct-04 11:22:50 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 0184DFB4...
          I have no idea...is there any way to diagnose a faulty z-wave card in the lock itself?

Comment

Sort of figured this out... I have two z-wave locks, on at the front door of the house (about 40' away) and the one for the garage which is probably 80' away when installed. However the garage one I had right beside the z-wave stick/HS PC. What I ended up doing was removing the z-wave card from the garage door lock and putting it in the front door lock (that is already associated with HS). I then added it to the network, security class passed through this time. I then took the card out and put it into the garage door lock and could control it beside the computer! I then installed the garage door lock and tried to optimize it, it wouldn't take...it was around 1am at that point. Z-health runs at 2-5am and so I figured it'd be fine by morning. Sure enough I optimized the entire network and the lock was functional. What an absolute headache, not sure what I would have done if I didn't have that second kwikset lock. Just an update if anyone else has this problem, try and swap the z-wave card to a known working lock. Don't know why this fixed it, but it did. Oh and both had brand new batteries, so that wasn't a factor causing the problem.

Comment

Same issue! Other ideas?!?

I've been having the exact same issues, and have tried all the same troubleshooting! But I only have one lock.... Any other ideas out there?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jschiesser View Post
                I've been having the exact same issues, and have tried all the same troubleshooting! But I only have one lock.... Any other ideas out there?!?
                Did you bring the lock to your PC and add it via the software add option? This is the only way to add a lock as security negotiation takes so long that it will not work disconnected from the PC.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Did you bring the lock to your PC and add it via the software add option? This is the only way to add a lock as security negotiation takes so long that it will not work disconnected from the PC.
                  Yes - It adds the Root device but not the children, and when I try to rescan I get the security messages mentioned above

Comment

Yes - It adds the Root device but not the children, and when I try to rescan I get the security messages mentioned above
                    Are you bringing the lock to within a few inches of your Z-Wave controller which is connected to your PC?

Comment

Are you bringing the lock to within a few inches of your Z-Wave controller which is connected to your PC?
                      Yes - it is sitting 2" from the controller

Comment

Yes - it is sitting 2" from the controller
                        Are there any errors listed in the HS3 log file when you attempt to rescan the lock? Which controller are you using?

Comment

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208 (Linux)
                          Z-Wave Plug-in - 3.0.1.54
                          Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series 2

Log from my rescan attempt, I have deleted and readded the device from HS, it creates a new node so I think it's a clean add.

Dec-23 3:03:27 PM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Node 70 Z-Wave Black and Decker Entry Control Node 70 (70)
                          Dec-23 3:03:26 PM Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 70
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 70
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Warning In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Warning If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Warning The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 70. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
                          Dec-23 3:03:19 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 70
                          Dec-23 3:02:37 PM Z-Wave Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 70

Comment

I asked Rich about this and he said to remove the lock and make sure the last association is deleted from the lock. The reset the lock and attempt to add it again.

Comment

I asked Rich about this and he said to remove the lock and make sure the last association is deleted from the lock. The reset the lock and attempt to add it again.
                              I did that, no luck....

Comment

Working...
                              X