Linux support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux support?

I posted to another older thread yesterday, but realized I should probably have created a new one. Is there any update on Linux support for UltraECM? I just ordered two GreenEye Monitors to monitor my two breaker panels (44 CTs!). I really like the plugin but run everything here on Linux. If this works out well I may also add a GEM to the second home where I run a Zee S2.

Keeping fingers crossed for Linux support soon! If it's not in the plan sometime very soon I'll probably write my own plugin for it.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Do you plan on using a network or serial connection?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Do you plan on using a network or serial connection?
      Planning on using serial.
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I have not figured out how to get serial working within Linux. I seem to be running into issues associated with the version of mono installed on the HomeTrollers.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'll send you a PM on this - maybe I can help.

Comment

Does a Network connection work

While you have explained where the problem is with a serial connection from a Linux based HomeTroller, do you know if there would still be a problem using a networked connection?

Comment

Originally posted by BigfootC View Post
              While you have explained where the problem is with a serial connection from a Linux based HomeTroller, do you know if there would still be a problem using a networked connection?
              It should work using a network connection. I have not tested it yet, but I should be able to when I get closer to a release date.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                It should work using a network connection. I have not tested it yet, but I should be able to when I get closer to a release date.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                I'm trying HS3 under Linux. This plug-in must be there for me to make the entire move. I use an Ethernet connected GEM. I have a Linux test platform going, so I would be willing to test.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

UltraJones:

Is there any news about the plugin running under Linux? I don't see it in the updater, so I'm assuming the plugin is not available. I'd like to purchase a Brultech GEM, as it seems to provide a more system/home-wide approach to energy monitoring. Having a HS plugin would be a requirement for any such product purchase. To that end, can you tell me what the likelihood of the following are:

1. A Linux version of the plugin becoming available, assuming an Ethernet connection to the GEM(s)?
                  2. Successfully running a remote instance of the current version of the plugin on a Windows VM hosted on a Linux box running HS3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
                  BBB

Comment

All:

I'm bumping this thread. Randy, did you ever end up trying the plugin under Linux?

Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I'll test it this weekend and will make it available if testing succeeds.

Comment

Great - thanks!

BBB

Comment

Since I didn't see anything in the updater, should I assume Linux support is a no-go?

Regards,
                          BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                            Since I didn't see anything in the updater, should I assume Linux support is a no-go?

Regards,
                            BBB
                            It's working! I am just letting it burn in for a few days before making it widely available.

Please note: A directly serial connection to the Brultech device is NOT working in Linux. You'll need to purchase a GreenEye with a network module or use the Brultech Dashbox.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Fantastic! I think Brultech will be seeing some dollars flying their way...

BBB

Comment

Working...
                              X