Plug in cannot find modum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in cannot find modum

Trying plug in for first time, modem is on COM16, verified by using system tools to interrogate the modem. however the plugin or HS reports
    SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM16 : COM port is invalid
    Aug-02 20:13:41 SMS-Gateway Warning No connection to the modem, trying
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

There's the slightest possibility the plugin only handles up to COM9 - I'll check the code and get back to you.

Any chance you can reassign it to a single digit port number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      There's the slightest possibility the plugin only handles up to COM9 - I'll check the code and get back to you.

Any chance you can reassign it to a single digit port number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks for quick reply.

I could with difficulty assign it a single port number, however I will wait until you check the code before doing that.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I had a look an there's no issue with talking to double-digit com ports.

Can you edit the HSPI_SMSGW.INI and make sure the following entries are present:

LOGLEVEL=Debug
        LOGTOFILE=True

Then start the plugin again and post the HSPI_SMSGW.LOG & HSPI_SMSGW_Modem log files from the \Logs folder please?
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I had a look an there's no issue with talking to double-digit com ports.

Can you edit the HSPI_SMSGW.INI and make sure the following entries are present:

LOGLEVEL=Debug
          LOGTOFILE=True

Then start the plugin again and post the HSPI_SMSGW.LOG & HSPI_SMSGW_Modem log files from the \Logs folder please?
          As requested, logs attached. Changed .log to .txt
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

OK, so no further clues there either I'm afraid.

1. I assume you can open a terminal session (using something like Putty) to COM16 and pend an "ATZ" string and get an "OK" response?
            2. What baud rate is your modem set to? While we can go a lot higher, can we start at 9600 for testing?
            3. Are you sure there are no other tools or applications holding the COM16 port open while the plugin is running, either on the same machine a different machine?
            4. Are you connected directly to the serial port or via an IP-to-serial or USB-to-serial device?

Comment

OK, so no further clues there either I'm afraid.

1. I assume you can open a terminal session (using something like Putty) to COM16 and pend an "ATZ" string and get an "OK" response?
              2. What baud rate is your modem set to? While we can go a lot higher, can we start at 9600 for testing?
              3. Are you sure there are no other tools or applications holding the COM16 port open while the plugin is running, either on the same machine a different machine?
              4. Are you connected directly to the serial port or via an IP-to-serial or USB-to-serial device?
              1 Unable to get putty to work at this point.
              2 56000, but, 9600 in the plugin
              3 changed modem over to COM1 still no luck
              4 connected directly to pc on com 1. COM 16 was through a digi edgeport

Attached is windows modem diagnostic log. AS I am still running your plugin as trial I am going to turn it off and check out the modem installation, btw the modem is a Ostent GSM, which is working at least I can phone it.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Gogs

I've always found if I can get a serial session to the modem and type +++ath0 and hit enter and I get an OK back, you are 99% of the way there :-)

Good luck !

Pete
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I have exactly the same issue, just didn't have time to investigate properly My modem (serial modem connected via Aten USB to serial) shows up in Windows 10 device section as USB6, no error messages, but in the plugin it says invalid port. It used to work for months, and after a PC reboot stopped working. I have tried rebooting again, changing the USB port etc, but cannot get it to work again.

Comment

Solved

Problem solved!

Started Windows HyperTerminal and went though the baud rates till it communicated with modem, 115200 worked, purchased plug in all working well.

now to find a plugin that will send tts to the modem!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X