X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMeter Solo ?

Hi Mark;
    I may have asked about this before. It's really to questions now..
    1. The iMeter Solo doesn't show that's it's linked to HS3 and it's seems odd that I have to poll the device when the device is designed to output to the Imeter station,, I think it would be much more efficient to have the iMeter Solo post the data to the Imeter station on value change then it would be to have the Imeter station poll the iMeter Solo.. Am I missing something. I have an iMeter station someplace if that would make a difference.
    2. Talking about polling ,, As I stated I have to poll the iMeter Solo to get it to work {another odd thing about this device is most of the time the voltage reading is errored and once in a great while it does read the correct voltage..) , Yet I think it's when I update the plugin (Which I really think is when it happens) or it could be happening when I check for new links , the polling for this device gets turned off ,, does this mean the device should not need to be polled ??

TIA
    Dave

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
    Hi Mark;
    I may have asked about this before. It's really to questions now..
    1. The iMeter Solo doesn't show that's it's linked to HS3 and it's seems odd that I have to poll the device when the device is designed to output to the Imeter station,, I think it would be much more efficient to have the iMeter Solo post the data to the Imeter station on value change then it would be to have the Imeter station poll the iMeter Solo.. Am I missing something. I have an iMeter station someplace if that would make a difference.
    2. Talking about polling ,, As I stated I have to poll the iMeter Solo to get it to work {another odd thing about this device is most of the time the voltage reading is errored and once in a great while it does read the correct voltage..) , Yet I think it's when I update the plugin (Which I really think is when it happens) or it could be happening when I check for new links , the polling for this device gets turned off ,, does this mean the device should not need to be polled ??

TIA
    Dave
    Dave,

the imeter solo is a dead product so I'm not putting any effort into it. When the Energy Display display came out i didn't get any bites on support for it so i really only setup it as a temperature device. So there is no support for it being linked to a imeter solo. You can do this manually according to the user's manual.

i added polling support for the imeter solo so you could read the various values back to hs. i don't think the solo broadcasts msgs when values change. the documentation doesn't say.

if you are getting inconsistent reading from the imeter solor, then the device you have plugged into it maybe interfering with the it. or another device plugged in close by.

polling will get disabled if the plugin has trouble reading the device after 2 attempts. this can be disabled if necessary. add to insteon.ini. shutdown hs first.

this is the default, no need to add if you don't want to change the behavior

[Config]
    FailedPollThreshold=2
    change to 0 to disable this feature or increase the number. its a global setting for all devices.

i have an imeter solo that i poll to get the line voltage. so i know polling works but i don't have a load plugged it. so the other values are zero.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler
      i have an imeter solo that i poll to get the line voltage. so i know polling works but i don't have a load plugged it. so the other values are zero.
      That's funny my power values appear to work good and my voltage hardly ever works and yours appear to work great.. So I'm I hearing that the display thingy polls this device to get the data ??
      I poll it every minute , and it would be nicer am over the trip I could poll it faster,, I think the plugin will let me change the polling on the fly correct it's for the washer so it don't make a lot of sense to bang the daylights out of it (I hate polling anything !!) ,, yet it would be nice to speed it up while the washer is running... Polling and I know a lot of it depends on traffic,, Can you recommend what is good polling speed would be nice to get it down to ~25 seconds..

Last question does the snycrolink require polling,, I seem to remember that problem I had with that device is appears to take a long time to transmit the on or off commands and I have trouble with the hysterics ,, it just didn't appear to work as the manual said it would, if memory serves my right.. Isn't that a big surprise things that appear to work as explained.

TIA
      Dave
      Last edited by mnsandler; February 7, 2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

there are event actions you can use to poll a device based on your own schedule and triggers. remember to set polling to 0 for this device in the plugin.

you can try any frequency you want using a event, but it will impact other devices if its too frequent.

the synchrolinc doesn't require polling. it sends on and off msgs when it changes state. You can link this device to automatically trigger other insteon devices using links.

I have a synchrolinc on my receiver and it turns on/off an appliancelinc which controls a fan in my cabinet. I don't manage either device from homeseer.

you can use the manual method to set the threshold state and then read the settings, or just use the settings available in the plugin.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If you check the log from my other post (I did a quick scan..) and it appears most times the Imeter voltage yet the snip shows how it looks in HS3... No biggie I don't use the voltage reading...

Thanks
          Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
            If you check the log from my other post (I did a quick scan..) and it appears most times the Imeter voltage yet the snip shows how it looks in HS3... No biggie I don't use the voltage reading...

Thanks
            Dave
            can you post a screen shot of the Advanced tab of the voltage device
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark here's the snip you wanted..
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

well it has a good value. can you post a screen shot of status graphic tab
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here's snip you requested..
                  Attached Files

Comment

try adding a New Value Range with the following settings
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      try adding a New Value Range with the following settings
                      It appears to be working fine with your mod I can even see it changing 1 volt.. I will repost if there is any problem..

I'm still thinking about making an event that speeds the polling time up after the washer starts. I do have an odd question ,, thinking normal to worst case, how long (In time.~)is a communication block ? I'm looking for if HS3 sends a command to a device {Lets say a relay wall switch..} how long the avg command will take until sending a ack to HS3 (Or completing the command completely.).. I think I remember reading someplace that it takes ~1.3 seconds ,, is that anywhere near correct ?? I think the info was from a site that was saying that there products are faster them Insteon.. May have been Z-wave,, it was a long time ago.. My thought is to be able to set the poll rate to 3 up to 5 AICTBs {Average Insteon Communication Time Blocks.}.. Be great if I could get the poll rate to ~15 seconds.. Thanks once again...

Comment

Dave,

the communication block timing is relative to each environment. Anything documented is measured in an optimal environment. You can see measure yours by enabling detailed logging and look for the following set of messages (read from bottom up in this case). This will give you an idea of the time cycle for a single block.

if you run a test comm on your imeter you will get 20 blocks which you can then take an average based on the total duration.

Feb-17 9:31:47 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):17 69 EE 30 6B D8 2B 00 00
                        Feb-17 9:31:47 PM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 17 69 EE 0F 19 00 06
                        Feb-17 9:31:47 PM Insteon Sending command 02 62 17 69 EE 0F 19 00 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False

polling your imeter every 15 secs may have a negative effect on the rest of your devices.

I poll my imeter every 2 minutes.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X