No announcement yet.

mcsTemperature Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be clear, you are running V6.1.14 and have an issue with DS2408 as relay. If that is the case then enable the General Debug on Interace page of mcsTemperature, turn a relay ON and OFF and post the post the debug output which will be a .txt file in the \Data\mcsTemperature subfolder.

Comment

Hi Michael!
      I did, what you asked, here you are the log file.

It was interesting, I realised the assigned port numbers ( HS named port1) to DS 2408 port1 ( by 1 wire number) was mixed up on every reboot?! So if I set ON port 1 (in HS page) not the real 1 port was switched on
      The switching on/off was hazardous. The Off command somtimes run soon, but the On command was not executed soon, sometime 1-2 min later.

Pal
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll be traveling today. Another item that may be of interest is your \Config\mcsTemperature.ini.

Comment

I looked at the debug output and determined that one the two conditons below is not satisfied so no attempt made to change the relay output

320 If SetAdapterPort(sPort) Then
          330 If adapter.beginExclusive(True) Then

The line 320 item essentially assures that the port is connected to the adapter and the prior polling cycle is complete

The line 330 item essentially assures that no other application other than mcsTemperature is using the adapter

Polling rates that are high or you have multiple applications running 1-wire at the same time would explain the inabiltiy to reliabily control outputs.

Comment

Hi!

I set the polling time longer, nothing different. There is no other application , which use 1wire port (as far as I know).
            When i start to use HS control 2408 port, the off command execute within 1 sec, but ON later, or never!

I attached Ini file, I hope it will help!
            Normally how much the reaction time to send a command from HS - and change the 2408 port??

Pal
            Attached Files

Comment

The attached has more detailed debug in the area that is keeping the relay from being set. Enable general debug, turn relay on/off and post. The response to a change from HS to a DS2408 output should be a second or so.
              Attached Files

Comment

It seems to be working well - I made longer polling times
                but only 1-4 outputs reagate well, but 5-8 does nothing!
                Pal

Comment

I will test your posted .exe tomorrow!
                  p

Comment

Hi Michael . 1-4 port run well, 5-8 do nothing.
                    I attached log file, recorded by new .exe

Pal
                    Attached Files

Comment

Code:
                      3/17/2010 6:36:55 PM 67015.38 | mcsTemperature Debug | setIO #1 from 0 to 2, brightness=0
                      3/17/2010 6:36:55 PM 67015.38 | mcsTemperature Debug | Adapter not connected DSPortAdapter connected= False
                      The software thinks you have multiple DS9490's. When it is trys to output it appears to it that the adpater with the relay is not connected.
                      Edit your mcsTemperature.ini file when HS is not running to change:

DSPort="<>,USB2"
                      to
                      DSPort="USB2"
                      or
                      DSPort="<USB2>"

The first of these tells the software to explicitly use USB2 as the port while the second one with the less-than and greater-than tells the software to use the default port that was setup when the drivers are installed.

Comment

Hi Michael!
                        I set, what you advised, same manner. 1-4 CH working well, but other do nothing.
                        I attached mcstemp.ini, because the number of 1-4 is #1-4, but 5-8 is #51-54, which seems equal with other devices! Is this can be a problem, how should I correct - for what?
                        Pal
                        Attached Files

Comment

It looks as if the edit to your .ini file was not made or if it was made then it was superceded with some later action such as polling for port. The debug shows the port to be null default and there are multiple ports. You DSPort entry must have only one port identified in your mcsTemperature.ini file.

3/17/2010 6:37:17 PM 67037.3 | mcsTemperature Debug | setIO #54 from 17 to 3, brightness=0
                          3/17/2010 6:37:20 PM 67040.94 | mcsTemperature Debug | SetAdapterPort Connected=False, Multiports=True, Port=<>

Comment

Perhaps I simply have a bad sensor, but, at least since 6111 (just now installed 6114), my humidity sensor has been reading "0%" each and every time it rains. At all other times, it reads in line with other stations in my area. The sensor is outside, but is very well sheltered and completely dry. It's a Hobby Boards Temperature/Humidity sensor (temperature is correct). The AAG weather station and rain gauge are next out on the 1-wire and are reading properly.
                            Relevant plugin settings: Limit to 100% is checked, Consider 35% as valid is unchecked, Set bad reading to previous value is checked and Minimum reasonable humidity is set to 10%.

I would think that even if the sensor were returning 0%, the plugin should substitute 10%; and conversely if it were returning 100% or more the value would be limited to 100%.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The humidity limits were introduced to deal with the Temp05 reporting values such as 05 which was actually 105, but only 2 characters were sent from Temp05. The minmum reasonable is not a lower limit, but used to know when to add 100 to the received value. To diagnose I would look at the raw data. I do not think HS2 will work with the IO window showing, but you do haved a setting to show raw data and it should go to the log.

Comment

Here's a log line showing this sensor:
                                <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/23/2010 8:37:19 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>DS9x9x Port <COM7>: Port=<COM7> Address=89000000A66E9D26 Family=DS2438 Temperature=3.59375 Humidity=0 Voltage=</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Looks as if it is returning "0". Maybe time to replace it then.
                                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                                X