www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old July 11th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Super Seer

Check post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12 ; is it what you were looking for?
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Check post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12 ; is it what you were looking for?
Yes but I cannot seem to make it speak to the speaker. See attachments. I should have replied in the other thread you point out. I am sorry missed that one
Attached Images

Old July 12th, 2014, 12:51 AM
OverSeer

Do you have the speak volume device set to something higher than 0% for that player?

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old July 12th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
Do you have the speak volume device set to something higher than 0% for that player?

Cheers
Al
I have this set and still no output.

I have for speaker client:
LMS:Player 1, LMS:Player_b827eb475bf4, LMS:MasterBedRoomPI
and for the voice I have: VW Hugh

for the voice selection (VW Hugh) you just type that in the box correct? I copied it exact from the speker client -> Audio Output / Test-To-Speech
voice selection
Attached Images

Last edited by shane94; July 12th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Super Seer

If you remove the specific player does it play on any players (HS3 client, LMS,...). If that works check for the mp file in "{program folder}/HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox" and play the file on the PC and try to play it on your LMS player by accessing it via the URL (http://hs3/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_{repplace with latest index file}.mp3. That will help to narro down the issue.
Old July 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Seer

Quote:
If you remove the specific player does it play on any players (HS3 client, LMS,...). If that works check for the mp file in "{program folder}/HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox" and play the file on the PC and try to play it on your LMS player by accessing it via the URL (http://hs3/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_{repplace with latest index file}.mp3. That will help to narro down the issue.
I am not sure what you are asking, I do not have a mp file in that folder. Nor do I see a SpeakIn file anywhere. I am sorry for making this harder then it is :/
Attached Images

Old July 12th, 2014, 03:29 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane94 View Post
for the voice selection (VW Hugh) you just type that in the box correct? I copied it exact from the speker client -> Audio Output / Test-To-Speech voice selection
Yes, need to manually type that in. Does it match exactly? Mine has both 8k and 16k voices and is "NeoSpeech Kate 8k". As Philippe said, change your speech test event to speak to all clients (i.e. remove all specific clients, if there are none listed it will speak to all). The other thing to maybe try is to deselect the "TTS as MP3" checkbox as perhaps there's something going on with the creation of an mp3. You are looking in the correct directory. There should be mp3 files (or wav files) there if everything works.

Cheers
Al
Old July 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Seer

Quote:
Yes, need to manually type that in. Does it match exactly? Mine has both 8k and 16k voices and is "NeoSpeech Kate 8k". As Philippe said, change your speech test event to speak to all clients (i.e. remove all specific clients, if there are none listed it will speak to all). The other thing to maybe try is to deselect the "TTS as MP3" checkbox as perhaps there's something going on with the creation of an mp3. You are looking in the correct directory. There should be mp3 files (or wav files) there if everything works.

Cheers
Al
I removed all specific clients and it only spoke threw the local pc speakers where HS is installed. It did not play threw the squeeze box player at all. I also deselected the TTS to MP3.
Thank you
Shane
Attached Images

Old July 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM
OverSeer

Hi Shane,

Might be time to turn on tts debug on the plugin. One more thing that I see to try, what other options do you have as the sound device on your pc's tts settings. Right now it shows Speakers.

Cheers
Al
Old July 12th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Seer

Quote:
Hi Shane,

Might be time to turn on tts debug on the plugin. One more thing that I see to try, what other options do you have as the sound device on your pc's tts settings. Right now it shows Speakers.

Cheers
Al
I show 2 HD audio outputs. I am using the onboard sound off a
Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE. I have Speak Proxy Debugging checked but oddly enough see no errors in the log.

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Have a nice day.

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Squeeze Box Test"

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM Event Event Squeeze Box Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Jul-12 4:32:03 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyGetMode. Returning: Normal

Jul-12 4:32:03 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyGetMode. Returning: Normal

Regards
Shane
Old July 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
OverSeer

Hi Shane,

Have you tried verbose debugging? You may want to log to an external log as well rather than the HS log when you have verbose debugging turned on.

Cheers
Al
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Seer

Quote:
Hi Shane,

Have you tried verbose debugging? You may want to log to an external log as well rather than the HS log when you have verbose debugging turned on.

Cheers
Al
About given up on it. Noting odd in the logs even with verbose turned on. Messed with this thing all day. Not sure why it is not working. Will figure out a work around. I have spent too much time trying to get it to work :/
Thank you much for the attempted help none the less!
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Super Seer

Can you enable debug and verbose debug, run the event that should speak and post the log?

I assume you set the speech volume for the desired LMS player to non zero. Do you haves another speech proxy plugin in your server?
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane94 View Post
I show 2 HD audio outputs. I am using the onboard sound off a
Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE. I have Speak Proxy Debugging checked but oddly enough see no errors in the log.

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Have a nice day.

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Squeeze Box Test"

Jul-12 4:33:16 PM Event Event Squeeze Box Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Regards
Shane
FYI the log should contain more entries especially when verbose is enabled. For example there should be log entries when the speech proxy is trigger by hs3 speech. I would like to have a look at the full log she debug and verbose debug are enabled and you trigger the event. Thanks.
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Seer

Quote:
FYI the log should contain more entries especially when verbose is enabled. For example there should be log entries when the speech proxy is trigger by hs3 speech. I would like to have a look at the full log she debug and verbose debug are enabled and you trigger the event. Thanks.
I cheated I hooked a print server USB into the system with some usb sound cards and hooked them inline with the squeeze box and I just run multiple speaker clients now. Solve the mic problem as well. All good!
Old November 20th, 2014, 07:09 PM
OverSeer

Philippe,

What is the latest change holding?

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:28 AM
Super Seer

See first post on this thread; I just added it.
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:42 AM
OverSeer

Ok thanks!

Wim
Old December 22nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Seer

Spotify playlist

Hi all,

Is there a way to select and play a Spotify playlist (saved on Spotify) ?
No issue with the web interface of the Squeezebox player (selecting My Apps / Spotify / Playlist); but i didn't find a way to do it with Homeseer Squeezebox plugin.

Best regards, Ekinox.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Super Seer

Yes. You can either use the players plugin web page to navigate to the media or use actions to play the playlist. See screenshot below.
Attached Images