www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old June 9th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarragallagher View Post
Thank you for getting this done for the events.

I do still see the players in the device control section of the LMS devices
The updated version is in the updater. Give it a try
Old June 9th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
The updated version is in the updater. Give it a try
Thank you I will try
Old June 9th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Seer Master

Looks good, had some initial start up problem but I think it is more a homeseer issue than your plugin. After I reset the plugin and gave it some time it looks like it is now accomplishing the filtering of devices

Thank you for you attention to this matter, I really appreciate it.
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

In the past I've used the plug-in but now I'm on Linux (Rpi). Is there a chance that the plug-in will be compatible with Linux in the future?
Old June 24th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkan View Post
In the past I've used the plug-in but now I'm on Linux (Rpi). Is there a chance that the plug-in will be compatible with Linux in the future?
No plans for this a this point.
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Seer

Will the plugin work if homeseer is running on windows and lms on raspberry pi? Sorry if asked before but confused by previous post.
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:45 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin2008 View Post
Will the plugin work if homeseer is running on windows and lms on raspberry pi? Sorry if asked before but confused by previous post.

Yes. LMS can be on a different server which can be linux based. That's how I use it myself.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Seer

But squeezebox plugin does work with that config (lms on raspberry pi and homeseer on windows box)?
Old August 9th, 2017, 12:11 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin2008 View Post
But squeezebox plugin does work with that config (lms on raspberry pi and homeseer on windows box)?
Yes
Old August 9th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Seer

Great!
Old August 10th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Super Seer

As sparman said, LMS can run an different server. Over the years I used different configurations with LMS on Windows, NAS, etc and HS2 or HS3 on Windows (XP or Windows 7). These days (on my prod environment) I have a fast I7 server running both LMS, HS3 and other server apps.

If you run them oon different servers, the one thing too possibly configure / check are firewall issues blocking the TPC/IP ports used by the plugin too communicate with LMS
Old August 10th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Seer Master

You can also run the LMS on a Pi should the mood take you!
Old February 20th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Super Seer

There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

I just installed this plugin - config done - in the plugin for squeezebox I see both players (I have a Radio and a Touch) - however when I press "HOME" to see all devices, I only see squeezebox "LMS" - no device for my Radio, nor any device for my Touch - am I missing something here?

Also, when first started, the SqueezeBox "LMS" device, Selected Player, only showed "None", "Touch" and then a very smal blank button "". Disable / Enable the SqueezeBox Radio fixed that.

But as I wrote above, I have no devices.

Running Ubuntu 16.04LTS - so it is the BETA Linux version I have.
Old February 24th, 2018, 08:10 AM
OverSeer

Here too running Homeseer 3 Pro on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. On drop down for one player see 35 devices which fill up the screen. IE: if you hit all devices for squeezebox you should see 70 devices for your two players. Note too that it gets your stuff from your Squeezebox server. I am not using any sort of authentication here for the Squeezebox server. I am guessing your squeezebox server sees the two players fine.

Name:  player1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  87.8 KB

Just updated server this morning to new version.

Name:  sqp17.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  24.6 KB

My base XPe touchscreens (15) multitask - running HS3 touch, Squeezebox player or Leviton security touch on either Ubuntu 16.04 or Windows XPe. Numbers over 15 (16-20) are running ubuntu.
I am using them along with tiny KODI players next to my Russound zoned amps. IE: you can create an HSTouch screen which has Russound controls and is a remote squeezeplayer controller.

Name:  server.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  22.5 KB

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.4449

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; February 24th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old February 24th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sorry to say: No I do NOT have ANY devices (except LMS) - so clearly I am missing something...

I have attached a picture that shows the only device I have (after pressing Show All):
Name:  SQ2.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  67.2 KB
Also includes a picture that shows that the plugin HAS discovered the two players I do have (and it is correct):
Name:  SQ1.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  28.1 KB

It just failed to create the devices in question?
Old February 24th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

I decided, just for fun, to click "HS3 Dev." - that made a difference, now I got the two players.... And if I remove that option, they are missing again. I seem to clearly miss some sort of knowledge....
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larhedse View Post
I decided, just for fun, to click "HS3 Dev." - that made a difference, now I got the two players.... And if I remove that option, they are missing again. I seem to clearly miss some sort of knowledge....
This is as expected. When checked it creates HS3 devices for that player otherwise and when unchecked it removes any existing HS3 devices.
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Seer Master

Can this plugin use Chromecast Audio's as a destination (Cast to Chromecast Audio)?
Old March 9th, 2018, 10:54 AM
OverSeer

Relating to LMS there appears to be a Castbridge (integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast) ) that was announced in 2015.

See here:

Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)