www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion

Irrigation Discussion Discussion of irrigation integration with HomeSeer systems.

Old October 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

Now that I've installed the new OS firmware update, the plug-in is broken.

The data that existed on the OS UI web pages is no longer there. This is all you get on the index page:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,user-scalable=no">
</head>
<body>
<script>var ver=210,ipas=0;</script>
<script src="http://ui.opensprinkler.com/js/home.js"></script>
</body>
</html>
You'll now have to request data using HTTP GET commands and then parse the JSON formatted data.

Matty - I got your reply to my message. You can email me at: brady dot bass at gmail dot com
Old October 26th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

I was afraid of that.

I'm still on old firmware and that still produces the JSON strings, so updating the plugin for 2.1.0 should still allow older firmware to communicate (although i will update anyway).

It won't be hard to update the plugin - just a bit of time to change the old Regex.match terms to match the new output. There is opportunity to do proper JSON stuff here, but using Regex.match still works fine.

I'm vpn-ing home at the moment so I can send you the source files. Check your email in a few minutes. I wont have time to update it for two weeks (going away for work) so feel free to have a go yourself.

Cheers.
Matt.
Old October 27th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Seer Master

It's a shame that Ray still hasn't adopted a real REST API. Early on in my BeakerRain plugin software updates broke the integration since I was having to parse HTML responses.

Anyway, it looks like you've added quite a bit to your plugin that I never even planned for mine. I think I might drop BeakerRain and move to your plugin. Anybody out there still using BeakerRain and don't want to move to this new plugin instead? Let me know.
Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyjee View Post
I was afraid of that.

I'm still on old firmware and that still produces the JSON strings, so updating the plugin for 2.1.0 should still allow older firmware to communicate (although i will update anyway).

It won't be hard to update the plugin - just a bit of time to change the old Regex.match terms to match the new output. There is opportunity to do proper JSON stuff here, but using Regex.match still works fine.

I'm vpn-ing home at the moment so I can send you the source files. Check your email in a few minutes. I wont have time to update it for two weeks (going away for work) so feel free to have a go yourself.

Cheers.
Matt.
I tried to do proper JSON, but can't get System.Web.Extensions to load in the project. I think it's because I'm using VB Express 2010 and not the full Visual Studio.

I'll see what I can do with regex.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just remember to use "" instead of " within the string. See the water% Case within SetIOMulti for an example that works.

Cheers.
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:07 AM
Seer Deluxe

Matt,

I have finished making changes to how data is retrieved from OS. There are probably some tweaks that need to be made to HS devices. But I think I have updated all the HS device status related issues.

Email me. I don't have an email address for you, other than your work address. And judging from the domain name, I'm sure an attachment would be blocked.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

New version should show up in the updater soon. Spent a fair bit of time on this - almost re-wrote the entire thing. Have done 99% of what I wanted to but still struggling a bit with program options - I may work on this later. More info out soon.

On a side note, the new Firmware (210) is pretty good. I like the inbuilt weather control - does what the guys above wanted and its all inbuilt to the controller - I didn't even have to use Homeseer to do it!

Cheers.
Matt.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
On a side note, the new Firmware (210) is pretty good. I like the inbuilt weather control - does what the guys above wanted and its all inbuilt to the controller - I didn't even have to use Homeseer to do it!
Cheers.
Matt.
Glad to hear the plugin is alive and doing well Matt. A friend of mine just bought the Raspberry Pi hardware and is fixin to move toward installing your software.

I am not familiar with the Firmware you mention. Would you elaborate on the "inbuilt weather control" feature? I've been spending a ton of time to prefect the ET algorithms. I and others have it converted to vb.net from Python now. And are still researching and testing with it. It can still output a percentage or fixed amount or whatever your plugin requires.

Thanks!
Frank
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbtex View Post
I tried to do proper JSON, but can't get System.Web.Extensions to load in the project. I think it's because I'm using VB Express 2010 and not the full Visual Studio.

I'll see what I can do with regex.
Did you determine that the problem was with using VB Express 2010?
Old November 22nd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

No. And I haven't looked into it further.

Brady
Old November 22nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankc View Post
I am not familiar with the Firmware you mention. Would you elaborate on the "inbuilt weather control" feature?

Thanks!
Frank
You need to upgrade firmware to version 2.10 to get this. They use the "zimmerman" method and say they will add ET at a later update.
My new plugin which will come through the updater will only work with firmware 210. If you have the older firmware then download and use the .exe file on my first post.

https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/...er-adjustments
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Seer Master

Is this zee friendly? I have OS already but have found most plugins can't be used with the zee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:27 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
Is this zee friendly? I have OS already but have found most plugins can't be used with the zee.
I have no zee and therefore have no way of knowing - test it for me and let me know! I'm not sure what would need to be done for it to work an a zee but I'd be happy to make whatever modifications are needed if someone can clue me up to what that is?

Cheers.
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
You need to upgrade firmware to version 2.10 to get this. They use the "zimmerman" method and say they will add ET at a later update.
My new plugin which will come through the updater will only work with firmware 210. If you have the older firmware then download and use the .exe file on my first post.

https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/...er-adjustments

Interesting. I'll take a look at the Zimmerman method.
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:13 PM
Super Seer

Just wondering on the ETA of the new plugin, I would like to update my firmware on the device, and also looking forward to a plugin but I have not seen it show up in the updater...

Many thanks!
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Seer Deluxe

I've sent about 3 emails to updater@homeseer.com and even put in a help ticket but got zero response.

I'll attach it here. Instructions are:

If you've already installed it before:
Copy the images in the attached zip file into html/images/OpenSprinkler folder (and delete anything else that was in there before).
Overwrite the existing .ini file and reset your settings
Disable existing plugin, overwrite the .exe file and restart.
Go to config page to ensure settings are correct.

If you haven't installed it before (alternatively do the above):
Put the zip folder into Updates/ZIPS folder
Put updater_overwrite.txt into root homeseer folder.
Refresh the plugins/interfaces page and install OpenSprinkler through the normal plugin way.
Delete updater_overwrite.txt
I recommend setting your IP address in the ini file before starting but you don't have to.

If anything doesn't work properly, it will write an error in the homeseer log - let me know the error and i should be able to fix it pretty quickly. You should also be able to partially test the plugin before updating your firmware - i think all the status updating should work but most commands will fail.

Let me know how you go.
Cheers.
Matt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HSPI_OpenSprinkler_1_1_0_0.zip (139.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: txt updater_override.txt (454 Bytes, 7 views)
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Seer Master

I think the key for the zee is that it must use vb.net?
Old December 4th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Super Seer

Thanks for this, it is great
Old December 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

It's in the Updater now.

Looks good, however I did get the following errors on HS startup.
Code:
12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised
12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler
But everything seems to function OK.
Old December 4th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hmmm interesting. You say it still works fine though even with those errors? It must have failed in the lines of code after building the devices and before the End Try statement.

I know you have expansions where as I only have a single board to test with. Would you be able to email me the text strings you receive with the jp, js, jc, jo, and jp get commands? I can take a look and clean it up.

I assume that you get the same messages if you hit the "rebuild devices" button or restart the plugin?

Also, is your rain sensor enabled?

Thanks.