No announcement yet.

Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used the other iPhone location plug ins and scripts created for HomeSeer and prefer this one because it uses Find My iPhone instead of an app. And my location data is kept between me and Apple. No one else is involved. (that I know of)

I use it mostly to keep track of my kids and their iPhones, etc. I also use it to determine occupancy at home. So I don't need to track the devices every minute, I just need to know where they are when I check via HS Touch or the HS web gui and when one of our cars arrives or departs home.

So, would it be possible to have the option of manual updates?

The rfid on the cars would trigger an event that tells the plug in to update locations and a button press on HS Touch would do the same.

This method would also help with battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
      Version 1.0.0.5 works okay. Find my device service now says connected.Except for geocoding it's looks very good.

I was wondering, If I use the geocoding API I use points in my long-lat coordinates. My device use a comma. Could it be that because in Europe we use a comma and my Homeseer uses commas the reverse geocoding fails?
      Have you been able tot take a look at this?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

I cant open the config file to edit it. I try to download a program to open it with and every one I try Chrome blocks it.

What are people using to open the file? I am on a Hometroller with XPe.

Thanks

Comment

Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
          I cant open the config file to edit it. I try to download a program to open it with and every one I try Chrome blocks it.

What are people using to open the file? I am on a Hometroller with XPe.

Thanks

Just right click on it and hit edit. Otherwise just change the extension on the file to. .txt and open it in notepad...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
            Just right click on it and hit edit. Otherwise just change the extension on the file to. .txt and open it in notepad...
            For whatever reason it does not create the XML file and the exe.config file cant be edited.

I must be doting something wrong just not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
              For whatever reason it does not create the XML file and the exe.config file cant be edited.

I must be doting something wrong just not seeing it.

The config file will be in your /config directory. It is HSPI_RSFindMyDevice.xml. In XP it can be edited with Notepad by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open With, Notepad.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                The config file will be in your /config directory. It is HSPI_RSFindMyDevice.xml. In XP it can be edited with Notepad by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open With, Notepad.
                Not finding it

Assume you meant the HS3/Config directory.

I give up for tonight

Appreciate the help. Tomorrow I will take a fresh look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                  I have used the other iPhone location plug ins and scripts created for HomeSeer and prefer this one because it uses Find My iPhone instead of an app. And my location data is kept between me and Apple. No one else is involved. (that I know of)

I use it mostly to keep track of my kids and their iPhones, etc. I also use it to determine occupancy at home. So I don't need to track the devices every minute, I just need to know where they are when I check via HS Touch or the HS web gui and when one of our cars arrives or departs home.

So, would it be possible to have the option of manual updates?

The rfid on the cars would trigger an event that tells the plug in to update locations and a button press on HS Touch would do the same.

This method would also help with battery life.

I like the idea of adding a manual refresh. I will add this in the next version.

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate this plug-in with Paul Huddlestone's excellent location plug-in. His let's you set locations as near or away and uses different apps on the iPhone and android. Otherwise your two plugins are kinda doing the same thing just by different methods....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I think the phone side can request updates "when major changes to location occur" or something like that rather than polling for current location. You could for example watch for patterns to detect normal day and evening locations where extended time is detecting no location change, then assign those time periods as "once in this zone, just ask for major changes in location".

Just a thought on how to improve battery life and reduce bandwidth usage when away from home.
                      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Sorry guys,

I must be missing the obvious here. I download file and just have a single php file, surely its more than one file???

Is this correct and where do I place this in the HS3 Directory ? How do I run the plug in ???

Cheers

Steve
                        Steve

Comment

Anyone ??

I'm Stuck
                          Steve

Comment

Anyone ?
                            Steve

Comment

Can this plug in be put in the updater? Might make it easier for some people to get up and running and updated. Seems like a great plug in. Looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So Am I correct in thinking that this is just one file to download ??. If I open it up in Notepad its all funny characters. What am I doing wrong here. Never had this problem before installing PI.

Some input would really be appreciated . Like anything in life, its easy when you know how !

Thanks

Steve
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X