• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rich,

gmx.com is the email provider here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just checked the User CP console settings and to my surprise many of the threads I purposely selected for *Instant email* were set to none. While looking at the list there were several that were enabled as instant.

But, I still didn't receive any email there was a new reply. Which also doesn't explain how come forum members replies aren't showing up in the actual forum thread(s)???
      Attached Files

Comment

odd, gmail should be working as I am getting instant replies. Will check the logs.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Nah I didn't get anything just know except for a TapnTalk notification on Gmail.

Nothing from Homeseer directly. I am subscribed to this thread and have made sure feature is on in my settings.

[ATTACH]63451[/ATTACH]

Email that came from TapnTalk...

5:29 AM (4 hours ago)
        rjh (via Tapatalk) <trending@tapatalk.com>
        rjh quoted your post in I'm not getting email notifications for subscribed threads

Tapatalk time is totally off.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

First email from the HS forum just arrived!

Comment

Removing the block at dnsbl probably fixed your email. Still waiting on ATT.

Originally posted by Teken View Post
            First email from the HS forum just arrived!
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Rich!!

It is working here now with GMail!!!

HomeSeer Message Board messageboard@homeseer.com> 12:21 PM (2 hours ago)

concordseer has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.362 - in the HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion forum of HomeSeer Message Board.

Even shows sender if I do a right click.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Removing the block at dnsbl probably fixed your email. Still waiting on ATT.
                Thanks Rich, I appreciate your persistence on the issue. I will let you know when I receive an email from Homeseer at my @bellsouth.net account.
                Billy

Comment

Something must have happen since my last posting because the two members (replies) up above didn't come in as a email?

Comment

I just checked the User CP console settings and to my surprise many of the threads I purposely selected for *Instant email* were set to none. While looking at the list there were several that were enabled as instant.

But, I still didn't receive any email there was a new reply. Which also doesn't explain how come forum members replies aren't showing up in the actual forum thread(s)???
                    I have same issue. when I check the box to turn it back on for a specific thread.... it doesn't stay checked. (e.g. if I leave page and come back it's unchecked again)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                      I have same issue. when I check the box to turn it back on for a specific thread.... it doesn't stay checked. (e.g. if I leave page and come back it's unchecked again)

Comment

Just to be clear for everyone tracking this effort and who may over looked some of the basics. There are two places that must be enabled to receive email, PM's etc from the HS forums.

One is in the User CP where you need to select the box. Then, go down to the high lighted area and choose *Instant email notification* and select go. Once done it should say *Instant* as you see in my screen capture. The other area is the user preference which Pete has already provided a screen capture.

Today, I did indeed receive this reply with a email hence I replied!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just to be clear for everyone tracking this effort and who may over looked some of the basics. There are two places that must be enabled to receive email, PM's etc from the HS forums.

One is in the User CP where you need to select the box. Then, go down to the high lighted area and choose *Instant email notification* and select go. Once done it should say *Instant* as you see in my screen capture. The other area is the user preference which Pete has already provided a screen capture.

Today, I did indeed receive this reply with a email hence I replied!
                          I have a number of threads that are active and the notification on them is defaulted to instant. I have not changed any of that, my defaults have always been set that way for a number of years. If I subscribe to a thread that I have not participated in, my default is to be notified because I want to keep up with the activity and responses. The same is true if I reply to a thread, I want to be notified as members post so that I can stay in the loop and respond if needed. Apparently I like to get emails... LOL

For what ever reason I just do not get the email delivered to my @bellsouth.net account. I think Rich responded in a prior post that he saw the emails being generated but for some reason they were rejected by AT&T.

I don't think this is a setup thing on my end but I have been wrong before.

Thanks for providing input, it is good to cover all bases.

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
                          Same here, if I check the box Instant Notification it doesn’t stay checked.
                          On the comment about the box not staying checked... you check the box and then click the button next to "Instant email notification" to change it to something else such as "Delete Subscription" or "Daily email notification" then click go to make the change... All my subscriptions have a Notification of "Instant"...
                          Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                            I have a number of threads that are active and the notification on them is defaulted to instant. I have not changed any of that, my defaults have always been set that way for a number of years. If I subscribe to a thread that I have not participated in, my default is to be notified because I want to keep up with the activity and responses. The same is true if I reply to a thread, I want to be notified as members post so that I can stay in the loop and respond if needed. Apparently I like to get emails... LOL

For what ever reason I just do not get the email delivered to my @bellsouth.net account. I think Rich responded in a prior post that he saw the emails being generated but for some reason they were rejected by AT&T.

I don't think this is a setup thing on my end but I have been wrong before.

Thanks for providing input, it is good to cover all bases.

On the comment about the box not staying checked... you check the box and then click the button next to "Instant email notification" to change it to something else such as "Delete Subscription" or "Daily email notification" then click go to make the change... All my subscriptions have a Notification of "Instant"...
                            Yep, I just wanted to offer more insight in case the some of the basics were missed. Its not uncommon to see forum software get updated and the defaults get blown away. That is why I checked again to ensure the personal user settings were still applied.

If I was in doubt I simply changed it to something else and toggled back to the preference I wanted. I also agree besides a user setting error this was a ISP block, black list, etc issue.

HS should confirm they are not listed on spamhouse or other.

Lastly, as other mentioned its a good time to go through some of the email filters and auto reject rules in your email settings. Many a times something will go to junk vs spam and a specific allow rule needs to be applied.

For my GMX account I use the default send to spam for any new emails not listed in my address book. Every day I just view the spam / junk folder and say this is not junk / spam and moving forward that sender is allowed into my inbox.

This may sound a little heavy handed but when you receive hundreds of emails a day like I do. This just works to filter out all the noise streaming in.

Comment

Yep, I just wanted to offer more insight in case the some of the basics were missed. Its not uncommon to see forum software get updated and the defaults get blown away. That is why I checked again to ensure the personal user settings were still applied.

If I was in doubt I simply changed it to something else and toggled back to the preference I wanted. I also agree besides a user setting error this was a ISP block, black list, etc issue.

HS should confirm they are not listed on spamhouse or other.

Lastly, as other mentioned its a good time to go through some of the email filters and auto reject rules in your email settings. Many a times something will go to junk vs spam and a specific allow rule needs to be applied.

For my GMX account I use the default send to spam for any new emails not listed in my address book. Every day I just view the spam / junk folder and say this is not junk / spam and moving forward that sender is allowed into my inbox.

This may sound a little heavy handed but when you receive hundreds of emails a day like I do. This just works to filter out all the noise streaming in.
                              Thanks... Yep, I get a few emails myself at work and home... I make use of filters and rules, but none of those are in play here... just not getting the email notifications.

Thanks again hopefully it will get moving in the right direction and I can get my daily dose of HomeSeer Message Board emails... You never know how much you miss them until they stop.
                              Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                                Thanks... Yep, I get a few emails myself at work and home... I make use of filters and rules, but none of those are in play here... just not getting the email notifications.

Thanks again hopefully it will get moving in the right direction and I can get my daily dose of HomeSeer Message Board emails... You never know how much you miss them until they stop.
                                So funny while the rest of the free world is trying to reduce email. We here are trying to get more!
                                Last edited by Teken; September 21, 2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X