No announcement yet.

Omni connection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have homeseer set to DHCP could this be an issue?

no.

Do you have the capability to flash update your Omni Board?

If you can I would update it to most current level of firmware and update PCA to most current level of software.

[ATTACH]64046[/ATTACH]

Note that the update of firmware and software has nothing to do with the Homeseer 3 Omni Plugin.

The plugin should work fine with HAI firmware 3.16.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok, from the last screenshot, you have an Omni LTe-EU - I should have paid more attention to your location

So, the european version of the panel must be a much different type than what I have.

I need to open a ticket with Leviton on this issue. Might be a while before I hear back, but I'll report back as soon as possible.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here test created a new account and this is what it shows when I do that.

[ATTACH]64047[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

apologies i should have said it was the EU version.It seems im on version 3.16 have found 4.0b should i install this??

Comment

Originally posted by peterborg View Post
            apologies i should have said it was the EU version.It seems im on version 3.16 have found 4.0b should i install this??
            I would wait until I hear back from Leviton.

Comment

yes the one i have is the 3rd one down Omni LTe-EU

Comment

Ok thanks for the help, how long does a reply from leviton normally take? days or weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by peterborg View Post
                  Ok thanks for the help, how long does a reply from leviton normally take? days or weeks?
                  It's hard to say - they are usually responsive in a day or so. Depending on what the eventual fix is, I have no idea - could be a simple fix or something more complicated. I'll reply back to this thread when I hear something.

Comment

Just had a thought, think i may have the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 (UK) version and not the EU version. i guess this would be the issue however i am unsure where i would find the information of the controller.

Comment

I just heard back from Leviton and it seems that the SDK does not support the EU version of OMNI controllers. They are evaluating what it would take to add that functionality.

If you purchased a license for the OMNI plugin, get in touch with HST for a refund.

I'll post more info as I hear from Leviton.

Thanks

Comment

Weird that Leviton saids that the SDK doesn't support EU versions of the Omni Controllers.

This stuff was posted back in 2012 such that I have no clue about it today in 2017.

Leviton has updated the firmware a few times now along with PCA. They did skip stuff writing new pieces for the email board, Omnitouch screen and left out pieces from the old Omnitouch screen (video pop ups) which they since corrected with current 4.X firmware.

I am not sure that Fred from HAI is still around these days.

In 2012 Fred of HAI wrote that any model supported in PC Access was also supported by the SDK.

First let me say that the SDK works with all models of HAI and HAO/OEM controllers. This is the same code that is used by all of our own products just in a DLL wrapper, so anything and any model supported by PC Acceess 3 is supported by the SDK.

More stuff....not really sure if this helps....

Code:
                        if (HAC.Model == MSG.ModelNumber)
                        Right before that line of code, add this:

Code:
                        foreach (enuModel enu in Enum.GetValues(typeof(enuModel)))
                            {
                                if (enu == MSG.ModelNumber)
                                {
                                    HAC.Model = enu;
                                    break;
                                }
                            }
                        so it looks like this:

Code:
                        clsOL2MsgSystemInformation MSG = new clsOL2MsgSystemInformation(HAC.Connection, B);
                        foreach (enuModel enu in Enum.GetValues(typeof(enuModel)))
                            {
                                if (enu == MSG.ModelNumber)
                                {
                                    HAC.Model = enu;
                                    break;
                                }
                            }
                        if (HAC.Model == MSG.ModelNumber)
                        {...}
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That's interesting. Here is the email from their tech support:

Now, the code snippet in your email makes sense - I recognize that code from the SDK example and what is being used in the plugin.

I also found it odd that PC Access works but the plugin does not. PC Access is built using the SDK

Comment

Thinking Leviton has subcontracted newbie CS Omni folks.

About a year ago opened up a ticket relating the the video CCTV pop up functions of the Omnitouch screens. The CS didn't know what I was talking about. I made him replicate the error and he understood for the first time. I opened up a support ticket and got a number but never got any email or closure on the ticket.

The error was fixed in subsequent firmware updates with no mention of it.

Much of the old customer base though used the function with their Omnitouch screens.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ok Pete so you think if I Wright this code in Homeseer it should work??
                              Last edited by peterborg; October 25, 2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

No.

Current PCA version see's all domestic and international panels. This is been the same now going back to firmware V.2.X and same for all previous versions of PCA. AND PCA is based on current version of the SDK.

The guy above wrote a check to see what panel was connected and said that if the panel software checks and doesn't come back with a valid model then it is not in the SDK.

Fred answered that all of the panels are included in the SDK as the PCA software works with all of the panels and is based on current SDK.

@Peterborg,

What code are you writing about?
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X