Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Z-Wave warning in log after adding 1 node and new controller. Unsure of cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z-Wave warning in log after adding 1 node and new controller. Unsure of cause

Ok, I made two simultaneous changed to my network but I'm uncertain as to which is causing this warning in my logs.

I've switch from a Z-troller to a SmartStick+ and I've added an Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 motion device.

Everything still appears to be working properly and the warnings don't appear to follow any one specific device but they appear every few seconds and spam the logs. The message is as follows:

In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a value, Size is reported as 2, but length is 1 and is=02

Can anyone suggest a way to further debug this? I can't find a way to enable further zwave debugging to track this down and the warning doesn't specific from which node this error is originating.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    M

I can't say that I have seen that message before but usually directly above or below an entry like that there is one or more other log entries that will tell you which device it was talking to at the time. If not I would suggest removing the Aeon device that you just added and see if it goes away. It only takes a minute and should if nothing else rule that device in or out.

Comment

I agree with the above. First remove the Aeon device, and see if the error goes away. Always best to try to locate the source of the error before trying to correct it.

Comment

Hrmm.. Removing the Aeon MultiSensor from the network seems to have no effect.
        As stated, the warning does not follow any particular device. It can happen 6 times in a row with no other Zwave statuses around it or can be directly following a random Zwave device response.

There has to be a way to enable debug logging...?

Thanks for your suggestions Mike and Andrew!

PHP Code:
        Feb-01 4:39:15 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:34:59 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:30:47 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:29:41 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:29:06 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:19:57 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:15:00 PM           Log Info     The log database is currently 4.99MB in size.
        Feb-01 4:12:02 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:10:27 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:09:55 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02
        Feb
        -01 4:07:45 PM           Z-Wave Warning     In converting Z-Wave data bytes to a valueSize is reported as 2but length is 1 and is=02 

Comment

You can turn on z-wave debug logging on the /ZWaveConfig page.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

New secret webpage!
            Enabling and will report back.
            Thanks sparkman!

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
              New secret webpage!
              Enabling and will report back.
              Thanks sparkman!
              No problem, but it's not that secret.

On the Manage Plugins page, the zwave plugin is hyper-linked to this page.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Ha, so it is.. I always get to the Zwave stuff under Plugins -> ZWave...
                Regardless, while there was an alarming amount of additional information added to the logs, the warning was exactly the same and didn't follow any convention as before. Read: It randomly occurs after zwave stuff, after periods of inactivity, after status only device updates, etc.

I suppose I'll have to contact HS on this one though I've never had much luck with their tech support

Thanks for your assistance anyways.

On an unrelated note Spark, I notice you're in Cowtown as well. I'm in the SE. What part of town are you in in? Economy tanking but I did buy gas @ Safeway for 65 cents a litre today after purchasing groceries which I guess is a small bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
                  Ha, so it is.. I always get to the Zwave stuff under Plugins -> ZWave...
                  Regardless, while there was an alarming amount of additional information added to the logs, the warning was exactly the same and didn't follow any convention as before. Read: It randomly occurs after zwave stuff, after periods of inactivity, after status only device updates, etc.

I suppose I'll have to contact HS on this one though I've never had much luck with their tech support

Thanks for your assistance anyways.

On an unrelated note Spark, I notice you're in Cowtown as well. I'm in the SE. What part of town are you in in? Economy tanking but I did buy gas @ Safeway for 65 cents a litre today after purchasing groceries which I guess is a small bonus.
                  Good luck with the Help Desk. It may be better to call them rather than opening a ticket online.

I'm in the NW. "Cheap" gas is an advantage right now, but I'd rather pay more as most of the work I do is related to o&g.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Working...
                  X