www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area > Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System)

Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System) Are you migrating from another system to HomeSeer? Use this forum to connect with others who've done the same thing!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Viewer

Yet Another Potential Vera Refugee

After my Vera Edge bricked itself, I have decided to move on to Homeseer. I am planning on getting HS3. Tired of the instability of Vera and hope Homeseer will be better.

A few questions:

1. I have a Lenovo Thinkserver, can't remember exactly what specs but Xeon processor with at least 8gb ram. I already run Blue Iris and Plex servers on this machine, will it handle running HS3 too?

2. Does the licence transfer for HS3 if I move it from one computer to another, such as if I want to move it to its own machine from the Thinkserver in the future? Can I copy all devices/scenes with it?

3. Since I was unable to exclude devices from Vera will I be able to exclude them using Homeseer without too much issue?

4. Does Homeseer support ZigBee in anyway? Or plans​ to in the future?

5. Does Homeseer have any plugins/compatibility with Tasker(Android)

6. Any advice about how to make the transfer easier? Anything anyone wish they knew before they made the leap from Vera?