www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion > HSMetro Live Tile Package (3P)

HSMetro Live Tile Package (3P) Discussions related to HSMetro for HS3.

Old October 16th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
No luck I'm afraid adding those parameters to the staticimage component. It didn't make any change. I wonder if it's because it's a stream rather than a static image.
Hi JimBob,

I had the exact same issue with my camera feeds and had to create a new element in the css file and a new component. You will need the metro.css file, not the metro.min.css file as you can't edit that.

Open the css file with a decent editor (e.g. notepad++) and search for "tile-large-y" (or maybe "tile-big-y"). It's around the line 17450 section of the css file. Copy the two lines and paste them above or below. Change the word 'large' to something else not already in use, like 'huge'. It should look like this:
Quote:
.tile-huge-y {
height: 680px;
}

.tile-large-y {
height: 310px;
Copy, paste and rename as above for "tile-large-x". Now you can change the 'height' (y) and 'width' (x) to the number of pixels you want.

Now in the 'components' folder copy and rename the folder containing 'staticimage.html' and 'staticimage.js' and rename the folder and the files to something like 'staticimagehuge.html' and 'staticimagehuge.js'. Make sure the original staticimage.html and .js are still in the components folder. So you will end up with the original components/staticimage folder and files, and the new components/statimagehuge folder and files.

Open the .js file you just created in the new folder and change the self.classInfo line to something like this:
Quote:
self.classInfo("tile-huge-x tile-huge-y fg-white " + self.defaultColor);
So now you have a new component that references the .css file that you added the additional tile size to.

Now in your html pages (e.g. home.html) you can use 'staticimagehuge' as a tile type. E.g.
Quote:
<staticimagehuge id="Picture" params="imageName: 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx/mjpg/index/video.mjpg', refresh: 10000"></staticimagehuge>
or whatever the link to your camera feed is.

I hope this makes sense. I did this a while ago so the names might not be accurate. Large, huge, big, wide......I may have mixed them up. But once you look at the files you will work it out.

Just remember to hard refresh the page so the .js files are reloaded. Otherwise it will load them from the cache and you won't see any changes.

Marty

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.283
BLBackup:,BLOccupied:,Restart:,Blue-Iris:,MCSSPRINKLERSS:,drhsIpPlugIn:,mcsXap:,Pushover 3P:,HSTouch Server:,Ultra1Wire3:,Z-Wave:,Harmony Hub:,UltraM1G3:,Device History:,UltraECM3:
Old October 17th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Seer Master

Wow, thanks for such a detail response.
I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers.
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Seer Master

Ok, all makes sense to me the approach to take.
However, I don't have a metro.css just the metro.min.css.
I have edited this file before, think it was to reduce the space between top menu and top of tiles.
I'll look to do the change to this file instead
Old October 17th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

You might have to ask wposner for the .css file. I recall he sent it or me once. I don't think you can edit the .min.css file.
Old October 17th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Seer Master

All done! I have the new component working fine with a different scaling.

It is a bit more fiddly editing the non-minified version but as long as you're careful, it's ok.

I also had to add the new component to the registrations in startup.js. It started coming back to me as I created my own thermostat component last year!

Many thanks for your help mminehan.
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Seer Deluxe

Oh yes...sorry forgot to mention the startup . js file.

Glad you got it working though.
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:20 PM
Seer Master

This package has been working great for me and I guess most people as well, given the infrequent posts.

One issue though that's reared it's head again is the weather icon not populating. Sometimes it stays blank, sometimes I get an "undefined" error popup box and other times it shows the weather ok.

Is anyone else seeing this? I am using the weather script as attached to the first post of this thread.
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:26 PM
Seer Plus

I've never had it work "sometimes". It was either all or nothing for me: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=950
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:29 PM
Seer Master

Yep, thinking it's timing out connecting to the site or hitting some limit, although I'm hardly hammering it with requests.
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Seer

weather widget error

Fairly new here. Both with homeseer and HSMetro. So not doing very advanced stuff. I use the hometroller zee s2, so the linux version. I am having the same problem with the weather widget. It will load normally one time, then multiple times give me the undefined error, and I was wondering if it had to do with the linux OS on the zee, but couldn't see where that might be. One other question - how do you put a device string into a tile, rather than the status, if possible? I really like the HSMetro interface.
Old May 13th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Seer Deluxe

I'm having the same 'undefined' error. I disabled the weather widget and the error went away.

Like you it happens only sometimes. But seems to be more frequent lately.

Did you ever get this sorted?

Last edited by mminehan; May 13th, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old May 14th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Seer Master

Nope, still happens most days. Can get quite annoying but don't know what else to try really.
Old May 14th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hmmmm....looks like I am going to have to not use the weather tile then. It error stops the page from loading properly and I loose my security camera feeds.

I'll get the weather information from another plugin and display it in several device tiles, which is a shame.
Old June 7th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wposner View Post
**Ver 2.9.1-1
--Refactored code in require.config.js, router.js, startup.js, and nav-bar.js. Nav bar tab generation is now dynamic based on whether you specify "true" to display a tab or "false" to hide it in require.config.js.
--Changed page references to a numeric scheme to avoid confusion for people who are organizing by rooms. URLs will now show numeric values when you hover over a tab label.
--Included instructions in require.config.js for adding a brand new custom page.
--Fixed bug where refresh icon was not visible on the refresh tile widget
Just installed this, I like that I can rename the rooms/tabs in require.config.js One thing I came across is that under the pages directory the individual folders are still named for the original rooms. Perhaps they should be "Room 1" through "Room 19" instead?

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DoorBird, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, HSTouch Server, Restart, Z-Wave, EasyTrigger, PHLocation, Pushover 3P

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Seer Master

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the proxy service stopping sending updates?

I was aware of an issue whereby if HS is restarted I have to restart the service to get it to reconnect as it doesn't seem to on it's own.

But more recently, I have found maybe every week or so, the tiles stop updating. Popping up the developer window shows no updates coming through until I restart the proxy service again.

Anyone else seeing this or know of a way to have the service auto restart every night, say.

Thanks.
Old July 27th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Can't say I have noticed this. But my HS system backs up every night at 2am and then reboots.

Ocassioanlly video stream tiles from security cameras stop but restring the browser fixes this.

Marty
Old December 4th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Seer

HTML code in strings passed to HSMetro

Hello,
I have a question about rendering of strings from a homeseer device in a HSMetro webpage.
If I have a long string (eg. a forecast for day and night - from weatherXML), it may look ok in the homeseer device management page, but when it gets loaded into HSMetro, it loses formating and will all be on one line, wrapping at the edge of the tile. I would like to feed a linebreak, so that after the day forecast, the night forecast would start on a new line.
I have had problems with other special characters as well, like the degree symbol, which shows up as: %deg, not formatted to the actual symbol. (although if part of a string, it will render ok)
Anyway to get around this, or do I just have to put up with it.
I am using weatherXML devices, because I haven't got the weather widget to work on my Hometroller - Z (linux)
Thanks
Bruce
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
Seer

THANK YOU!!

First of all, THANK YOU!!!

This is the interface that should in place of the (insert adjective here) 'device status' page in Homeseer.

I recently dove into the rabbit hole known as MagicMirror. The last item I wanted to add was a few HS devices just to show the status. I expected it would take many many hours or work, pots of coffee, and likely a new keyboard after it got flung across the room. Not So! I simply added an iframe module to MagicMirror and pointed it to HSMetro

I'm at a point now where I'm pretty happy with the results, but I do need to adjust a few things mainly padding and resizing items.

I did notice your css files are one long huge string, just not sure why.

Thanks!!!