This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc V2 reliability

Today was a very windy day in NH... Power was up and down a few times. 2 of my 7 KeypadLincs lost their brains. One showed no signs of life and didn't respond to polls. The other looked ok, but wouldn't switch its primary load. A hard reset fixed both, but throughly screwed up the linking to other KeypadLincs (I've got several 4 way and 5 way virtual switches). I can hardly wait to see how they act during thunderstorm season.

Has anyone else has power problems confuse their Insteon KeypadLincs?

I've had problems with X10 LampLincs forgetting their addresses in storms before, but my X10 KeypadLincs have always been reliable. I guess on the plus side my Insteon SwitchLincs and LampLincs all managed to remember their settings.

Given that all Insteon devices have hard addresses, it would sure be nice if there was a utility to backup the config info from Insteon devices so they could be easily restored after a power issue. Sure would be nice to program them too without doing all those 10 second button pushes.

I'm sure there will be one eventually. It would make like much easier.

Jon

Originally posted by ballison
    Today was a very windy day in NH... Power was up and down a few times. 2 of my 7 KeypadLincs lost their brains. One showed no signs of life and didn't respond to polls. The other looked ok, but wouldn't switch its primary load. A hard reset fixed both, but throughly screwed up the linking to other KeypadLincs (I've got several 4 way and 5 way virtual switches). I can hardly wait to see how they act during thunderstorm season.

Has anyone else has power problems confuse their Insteon KeypadLincs?

I've had problems with X10 LampLincs forgetting their addresses in storms before, but my X10 KeypadLincs have always been reliable. I guess on the plus side my Insteon SwitchLincs and LampLincs all managed to remember their settings.

Given that all Insteon devices have hard addresses, it would sure be nice if there was a utility to backup the config info from Insteon devices so they could be easily restored after a power issue. Sure would be nice to program them too without doing all those 10 second button pushes.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
    X