www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old November 4th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Seer Deluxe

Can events/devices be run when one of those 4 hardbuttons are pressed on the Elite ?

I don't have Z-Wave, but I do have PlugWise. Would be cool if I can control lights/events with those buttons. That might pull me to actually by one.
Old November 4th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz83 View Post
Can events/devices be run when one of those 4 hardbuttons are pressed on the Elite ?

I don't have Z-Wave, but I do have PlugWise. Would be cool if I can control lights/events with those buttons. That might pull me to actually by one.
I'm not entirely sure. I just have the Harmony Ultimate. You should ask the plugin developer if there is plan to support the Elite.
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Seer

Has anyone else been able to get this connected? I've tried multiple way to get the Hub Extender added to my network but it just sits there.
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Seer

Harmony Hub Extender ...nogo with HS2/Z-Troller, but success with HS3/Smartstick+

I finally managed to achieve some success, although at this point I cannot pinpoint what the original root cause was that prevented me from having the Harmony Hub Extender join my existing Z-Wave network (Homeseer HS2 /Z-Troller) as a secondary controller.

This is a bit of a long story, so bear with me.
1) I have been contemplating an Homeseer HS2 -> HS3 upgrade for some time, however, this is not a straightforward migration and a lot of manual work is required to get your devices/events operating in HS3 similar to what you’ve set up in HS2. I was not prepared to have my entire home automation system go “dark” as I worked on this. So my plan was to get another Z-Wave interface, clone it as a 2nd primary Z-Wave interface and then gradually work on getting my HS3 up and running by toggling my active home automation system between HS2 and HS3. The Black Friday sale at Homeseer convinced me it was time to purchase the upgrade, I also purchased a new SmartStick+ Z-Wave interface. Here is the process I went through:
a. Backed up my Z-Troller Z-Wave config under HS2.
b. Stopped HS2
c. Started up HS3; created a Z-Wave Z-Troller interface; backed up the Z-Troller under HS3.
d. Stopped HS3
e. Disconnected the Z-Troller; removed batteries.
f. Started up HS3; created a SmartStick+ Z-Wave interface
g. Restored the HS3 Z-Troller backup to the SmartStick+ Z-Wave interface.
h. Imported devices and re-scanned Z-Wave nodes into HS3.
2) At this point I have populated devices within HS3, but there is followup work to do because some nodes need to be woken up before they can be scanned; the other issue was with the 4 Z-Wave locks … I got around this by copying the [Z-Wave] Key statement from the HS2 Settings.ini file to the HS3 ZWave.ini file; after waking up the locks and rescanning (some had to be moved close to the Smartstick+) my locks are all functioning under HS3.
3) Since I had achieved no success at all with HS2/Z-Troller and Harmony Hub Extender, I decided to try using HS3/Smartstick+ with the Hub Extender while I had HS3 up and running. Much to my surprise, this worked after a false start (first attempt failed and I wasted a Z-Wave node, but 2nd attempt seemed to work). Prior to doing this, a hub firmware upgrade was effected by Myharmony, so there were 3 major changes that occurred since my last attempt in setting up the Hub Extender as a Secondary remote with HS2/Z-Troller:
i) Hub Firmware Upgrade
ii) Z-Wave Interface change (Z-Troller to Smartstick+)
iii) Z-Wave controller software (HS2 to HS3)
Because these 3 things changed, I cannot pinpoint which of the above solved my problem.

I have 66 Z-Wave nodes identified within Harmony; for the standard nodes like Dimmer switches, appliance modules, the import process worked pretty well to identify the nodes as LIGHTS or PLUGS, however, the naming convention is LIGHT n, and PLUG n where n is a sequential number that has no correlation to the actual Z-Wave node. It took some time to figure out what was what…. I had LIGHT 1 to 24 and PLUG 1 to 32 to decipher ….you pretty much have to walk around and see what turned on. This would’ve been much easier if the actual Z-Wave node id was used in the default name. Updating the device name is cumbersome using the Harmony app; there is a lot of server I/O that bogs this process down --- it is a little better using the MyHarmony app under Windows. There were of course some quirks with the device identification:
1) I have EV-100 vent register z-wave devices that get identified as lights … they do respond using the remote though.
2) The Quikset locks cannot be controlled it would seem; I am sure this has something to do with the security key that Harmony likely has no awareness of.
3) I have several Motion Sensors; 2 of them were identified as sensors … but I cannot determine which ones were imported and which ones were not --- not a big issue because at this point I have no plans to use them under Harmony.
4) One major issue I have is that you cannot add Home Control actions within Activities using the MyHarmony Windows software …. You have to use the mobile app only.

Anyway, my hub extender is no longer a brick …. So, while it is now a work in progress, at least its working for the most part.
Old November 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Seer Master

OK, so just to get this straight before I order one. With this device I can import my devices from Homeseer and then issue commands from the Mobile App to control my devices. But as of now I CANNOT add device controls to Activities or Macros correct?

I ask because of what I do right now which is to use an IR repeater to throw IR signals into my closet where I have a USB-UIRT that catches those signals and triggers HS devices or events that I have tied to those signals.

Here are the examples:

Power on Media Room, turns all of my equipment on, dim lights to 50%, waits 94 seconds (Projector warmup time), turn lights all the way off.

Pause - Send Pause command, send IR signal that HS uses to bring lights up to 25%

Play - Send Play command, send IR signal that HS uses to turn lights back off

If I can move some of these things into Harmony using the Hub then it would simplify my environment, which as we all know generally raises reliability and WAF.
Old November 12th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Seer

You can send Home Control commands from either your Harmony remote, or using the Harmony app .... just select Devices and choose which LIGHT/PLUG you want to target the command for, you can also setup groups and send commands to groups....

You can also add Home Control commands to your Activities .... but there are some limitations, you provide 2 device states:
1) State (ie. OFF or ON) that the device should be in when the Activity is started, and
2) State the device should be in when the Activity ends...
so whatever state you decide for 1) above will be in place for the duration of the Activity (ie. until another Activity is started, or, a remote POWER OFF).

Note, you can only add the Home Control commands to an Activity using the Harmony mobile app, you cannot do this using the PC based Harmony software.
Old November 28th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Seer Deluxe

I managed to get mine working also. Moved the hub next to my z-net controller for initial pairing. Works well so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old November 28th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Seer Master

Are you using the Hub with the Harmony Elite remote? Thanks.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 07:56 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmason View Post
Are you using the Hub with the Harmony Elite remote? Thanks.

Yes I am. I added it as a secondary controller. I also use the hub with the mobile app

Sent from my iP
Old January 2nd, 2016, 08:41 PM
Seer Master

I finally got around to ordering mine. I tried performing an add under HS2 but got nothing using my Z-troller. I also tried adding some of my leviton wall switches but that didn't work either. I haven't played with it much but I am assuming it should be relatively easy?
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:59 AM
Seer Master

I have been doing some experimenting with the hub extender. I started by trying to connect it with one Leviton Light Switch in my Family Room. I figured out that it would not add unless I factory reset the switch and then I was able to add it with no problems. However, after doing this I was not able to re-add it to Homeseer. Perhaps this is a limitation of the Levity z-wave switch that it can only be paired with one controller? I have been trying to understand the steps below to get the hub extender to talk to Homeseer but so far no dice. I am running most of my devices through a Z-Troller hooked to HS2. I do have HS3 up and running with Jon00's connector, but no z-wave controller hooked to HS3. Do I have to get a z-wave controller for HS3 in order to get this working? Thanks.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Perhaps this is a limitation of the Levity z-wave switch that it can only be paired with one controller?
It is a feature of all zwave devices, they can only be paired to one controller at a time. You can use secondary controllers, which are sync'd to a primary controller.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:47 PM
Seer Master

Thanks - I figured that was what was happening. So what is my best course of action to add the Harmony Hub Extender into the mix assuming I want it to talk back and forth with Homeseer?
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Seer Master

I'm still working on getting the Harmony Hub to talk to my Homeseer. I have exhausted all options under HS2 so I am now moving to my HS3 setup - which I am running concurrently. As I don't want to disturb my existing HS2 Z-Wave setup, I am leaving the Z-Troller there and ordering a Z-Net for my HS3. Once that gets in I am hoping I can add the hub and then start moving the other Z-Wave devices over.

Related to this - as the Harmony Hub supports Zigbee - is it possible that (when connected to HS3) I could read and send commands to Zigbee devices that are connected to the Harmony Hub? I have been looking at the Lutron Pico Zigbee remotes for a while. Lutron's industrial design is excellent and these remotes are a cheap way to wirelessly add controls throughout the house.
Old February 17th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Seer

newbie help

HOw do I put the homeseer in inclusion mode to add the home extender as a controller?

rkshack
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Seer Master

I'm not sure if everyone already knows, but there is another way to have your harmony remote control anything on your homeseer.

Before the extender was even out the guys with veras were using a java app called a hue bridge or echo bridge. It mimics a hue bridge and allows your Amazon echo or harmony hub to see and pair wirh this bridge as a hue hub. But instead of hue bulbs you send on/ off / dim http commands to the contoller. The bridge has a ui and it imports harmony devices and scenes and vera devices and scenes. Homeseer you need to click manual entry. But after moving from vera to homeseer i moved everything over.
Old February 19th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
I'm not sure if everyone already knows, but there is another way to have your harmony remote control anything on your homeseer.

Before the extender was even out the guys with veras were using a java app called a hue bridge or echo bridge. It mimics a hue bridge and allows your Amazon echo or harmony hub to see and pair wirh this bridge as a hue hub. But instead of hue bulbs you send on/ off / dim http commands to the contoller. The bridge has a ui and it imports harmony devices and scenes and vera devices and scenes. Homeseer you need to click manual entry. But after moving from vera to homeseer i moved everything over.
Is there a way to do this with a zee s1?
Rkshack
Old February 19th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Seer Master

Can someone post a link to this fake hue bridge? I can only find the plugins that talk to a physical hue bridge. Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Can someone post a link to this fake hue bridge? I can only find the plugins that talk to a physical hue bridge. Thanks.
Softwareand info here on running it.
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

Most Information is here but look towards the end the version and links in the beginning are very obsolete.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=31920.1500
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkshack View Post
Is there a way to do this with a zee s1?
Rkshack
Anything running java should do it. I have had mine running on a pi2 since i started, but people also run on windows.

So when i was on vera i just bought a Pi connected it to Internet and power and set it up to run this java at bootup.