www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old November 9th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Seer Plus

Hey Antonio,

I just sent you a PM to request access to the iOS app. I'm adding a note here just in case it doesn't go through.

Thanks.
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Seer Plus

Hey all,

Unfortunately, I'm currently at the maximum number of devices that can be registered for ad-hoc distribution. So now I'm looking into adding HSBuddy to the app store for iOS. It will take me a few days to get it started, and approval can take a couple weeks. If you've simply replaced a device and know your previous and new UDIDs then I can swap them and you'd be able to use the app in the next couple days. Just send me the details on a PM.

Thanks!
Antonio.
Old November 10th, 2017, 01:28 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargaskun View Post
Hey all,

Unfortunately, I'm currently at the maximum number of devices that can be registered for ad-hoc distribution. So now I'm looking into adding HSBuddy to the app store for iOS. It will take me a few days to get it started, and approval can take a couple weeks. If you've simply replaced a device and know your previous and new UDIDs then I can swap them and you'd be able to use the app in the next couple days. Just send me the details on a PM.

Thanks!
Antonio.
Thx. Sent my old and new device ids.
Old November 10th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Seer Plus

Version 1.0.22

Quick note:

A new version of the app is out for both iOS and Android. This new version lets you set a 'local' connection override. Set it if you would like your phone/tablet to connect to your HS3 via local WiFi while at home, but still be able to connect using MyHomeSeer or your own DNS when connecting from anywhere else. You can choose this new setting at the bottom of the Connection configuration page.

Also, in this new version you will find at the top-left corner of the app two icons that will show when the 'local' connection override is active (a Home icon) as well as one to let you know when the ASCII connection is established (an @ icon). This new version includes a few reliability fixes for ASCII.

Minimal tests were performed on both iOS and Android Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Links to the new versions below. Cheers!
Antonio.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.
Old November 10th, 2017, 03:20 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Quick note:

A new version of the app is out for both iOS and Android. This new version lets you set a 'local' connection override. Set it if you would like your phone/tablet to connect to your HS3 via local WiFi while at home, but still be able to connect using MyHomeSeer or your own DNS when connecting from anywhere else. You can choose this new setting at the bottom of the Connection configuration page.

Also, in this new version you will find at the top-left corner of the app two icons that will show when the 'local' connection override is active (a Home icon) as well as one to let you know when the ASCII connection is established (an @ icon). This new version includes a few reliability fixes for ASCII.

Minimal tests were performed on both iOS and Android Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Links to the new versions below. Cheers!
Antonio.

Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.
Nice, I have always manually switched to MyHomeseer when away from home. . .
Old November 12th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Super Seer

Antonio, it would be great to add support for thermostat setpoint (heat or cool) control. It shows the values but cannot control it in the app. Thanks
Old November 12th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Seer Plus

Version 1.0.23 (Android only)

Hello!

A new version is available in HockeyApp. This update is only for Android. It makes it possible to add dynamic shortcuts to HSBuddy. Dynamic shortcuts show when you perform a long tap on the HSBuddy icon from your launcher/home screen. This feature, which was only available in the iOS version of the app (using 3d touch) is now available for Android devices with Nougat or later.

Light testing was performed before releasing the app - please let me know if anything looks weird after updating!

Thanks,
Antonio

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

any update on the app store for IOS?
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdb View Post
any update on the app store for IOS?
Not much yet, cleaning up the project so it can be submitted to the store has been taking me a little longer than expected

Thankfully there were a few people who reached out with UDIDs from old phones no longer in use, which gave me a little room to take in a few more users meanwhile.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Seer Plus

Version 1.0.25

A couple more updates have gone up to HockeyApp, both for iOS and Android:
  • Support adding shortcuts to cameras.
  • Support pinning shortcuts (Android only). These are independent shortcuts that show up in the home screen, and there is no limit to how many you can add.
  • Minor improvements in reliability for cameras

There is also a new version of the HSBuddy plugin for HS3 (version 3.5.1118.14) which improves reliability and performance for cameras.

As always, let me know if anything looks weird after the update.

Thanks,
Antonio

Old November 20th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Seer

Hi Antonio
Any news on the progress of getting the app submitted to app store?
/Jonas
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Not much yet, cleaning up the project so it can be submitted to the store has been taking me a little longer than expected

Thankfully there were a few people who reached out with UDIDs from old phones no longer in use, which gave me a little room to take in a few more users meanwhile.
Well, if you have one laying around.....can ya hit me with it?
Old November 29th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Seer Plus

HSBuddy on the iOS app store

After a long time, it's finally there:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hsbuddy/id1317682478

I will continue to post the latest builds to HockeyApp first, but I will try to update the version in the app store regularly. The versions in HockeyApp will now display the name "HSBuddyBeta". That way, if you happen to have both versions installed, you will be able to differentiate between the 2.

If you are using push notifications with a target of "All Devices", those should continue to work if you switch to the new app. Any push notifications that were targeted to a particular phone will need to be updated, as the new app will appear as a new device connected to your HS3 server.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to get it done

PS. Sending feedback from the app still works. I look forward to your reports of anything that doesn't look right, as they help me prioritize what to do with the limited time I have available to spend on this project
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Seer Plus

Installed last night from the App Store to my iPhone and iPad. Looks great so far. Thanks so much for this!
Old November 30th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
After a long time, it's finally there:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hsbuddy/id1317682478
:-)
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

App store version...cannot connect when "Use secure connections" is checked

I'm running nginx reverse proxy for HTTPS on my Windows HomeSeer box and the "Use secure connections" option in HSBuddy was working fine on the old HockeyApp version. But when I switched to the App Store version, I'm unable to connect with "Use secure connections" checked. It does connect if I change to the HTTP port and uncheck the secure connection box.

Did anything change regarding this issue in the new App Store app? Can anyone confirm they are able to connect with the "Use secure connection" option in the App Store version?

Edit:

I am using a self-signed certificate, so that could be a factor. But it was working fine with the self-signed cert on the HockeyApp version.

Last edited by teladog01; December 5th, 2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: additional info
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teladog01 View Post
I'm running nginx reverse proxy for HTTPS on my Windows HomeSeer box and the "Use secure connections" option in HSBuddy was working fine on the old HockeyApp version. But when I switched to the App Store version, I'm unable to connect with "Use secure connections" checked. It does connect if I change to the HTTP port and uncheck the secure connection box.

Did anything change regarding this issue in the new App Store app? Can anyone confirm they are able to connect with the "Use secure connection" option in the App Store version?

Edit:

I am using a self-signed certificate, so that could be a factor. But it was working fine with the self-signed cert on the HockeyApp version.
Unfortunately I had to remove that functionality from the version in the app store because it relied on an API that wasn't approved by Apple in their store btw, that's the only difference between the app store and HockeyApp versions.

In case it helps, I'm running the same setup (nginx proxy) with a certificate I got for $10/yr from namecheap.com

If you decide to go back to the HockeyApp version and need additional UDIDs authorized send me a PM.
Old December 6th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Unfortunately I had to remove that functionality from the version in the app store because it relied on an API that wasn't approved by Apple in their store btw, that's the only difference between the app store and HockeyApp versions.

In case it helps, I'm running the same setup (nginx proxy) with a certificate I got for $10/yr from namecheap.com

If you decide to go back to the HockeyApp version and need additional UDIDs authorized send me a PM.
Thanks for confirming it was the cert. I setup a trusted cert last night using letsencrypt and now it's working again.