www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old January 24th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Is there a way to group devices, like in the HS3 web interface?

They seem to get 'split up' if I go to say the living room, a device that may have had 4 children may all be 'separated' by other devices in that room.
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:52 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
Is there a way to group devices, like in the HS3 web interface?

They seem to get 'split up' if I go to say the living room, a device that may have had 4 children may all be 'separated' by other devices in that room.
I was just going to post this. I like to keep my devices grouped (eg: PHLocation) so that they are easy to read
Maybe make it an option
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Seer Plus

Thanks for trying the app and the feedback! I've added this as something to look into: 'keep related devices (parent/child) grouped together'.

Also, general FYI, the HSBuddy plug-in is now available under the Beta section of the 'Interfaces and Add Ons' page, so there should be no need to use the updater_override.txt method to get updates. Thanks for everyone who helped test the updater
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargaskun View Post
Thanks for trying the app and the feedback! I've added this as something to look into: 'keep related devices (parent/child) grouped together'.

Also, general FYI, the HSBuddy plug-in is now available under the Beta section of the 'Interfaces and Add Ons' page, so there should be no need to use the updater_override.txt method to get updates. Thanks for everyone who helped test the updater
Awesome - app looks great by the way
Old January 26th, 2017, 04:26 PM
OverSeer

Where are the favorites stored?
If they are in the app, is it possible to have an option to save them in a file on the HS3 machine thru the plugin
That way everybody using the app is seeing the same thing
Old January 26th, 2017, 07:16 PM
OverSeer

One more thought...

For the direct connection type... is it possible to have a internal and external URL and the app would use the internal one if it was on my wifi and if not at home it would use the external one
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Seer Plus

Great suggestions. Now that I have a working plugin the ability of storing information on the server is there and I'll probably be getting to features like persisted favorites soon. Currently they are stored locally only.

I've also written down a future improvement to connect to different addresses based on wifi configuration.
Old January 26th, 2017, 10:37 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Great suggestions. Now that I have a working plugin the ability of storing information on the server is there and I'll probably be getting to features like persisted favorites soon. Currently they are stored locally only.

I've also written down a future improvement to connect to different addresses based on wifi configuration.
Great news
Any plans to allow the realtime view of the HS3 log (maybe configure how many rows to show in the plugin and it reads the value from there)

Great work
Old January 29th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Seer

This is funny, I've been working on my own Android app (very similar UI) and realized I needed a plugin/backend for it to connect to since the JSON API is very limited.

Any chance you want to host the source for the plugin on GitHub so others can help you with it? Ditto w/ the app source code? I was going to release mine soon enough, just need to polish off a few more things.
Old January 29th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
This is funny, I've been working on my own Android app (very similar UI) and realized I needed a plugin/backend for it to connect to since the JSON API is very limited.

Any chance you want to host the source for the plugin on GitHub so others can help you with it? Ditto w/ the app source code? I was going to release mine soon enough, just need to polish off a few more things.
Thanks holmes. I will send you a PM to follow up
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Seer Plus

New versions of app and plugin

Hey all,

New versions of the app and plugin are available. They include a feature for showing device history in the app. From the device details page you will see up to 5 state changes, and from there you can go to the history details which will show you as many state changes as configured in the server. From the plugin configuration page you can choose how long to track device changes for. By default the plugin will keep 6 hours of device changes, but you can choose a different value. Tweak this setting with care, keep an eye in the size of the file [HS3]\data\HSBuddy\hsbuddy.db3 and adjust your setting as desired. In my case, keeping 1 day worth of state changes with ~200 devices generated a file smaler than 5MB.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

Thanks!
Antonio
Old January 29th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hello Antonio,

Very good job and well done.

My I recommend the following enhancements for future consideration:

1. Dynamic connection. Local LAN attempts connect with user configuration for a timeout period and then fail over to MyHS.

2. Favourites be user configurable to define order and reorder as desired.
Old January 31st, 2017, 05:56 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Your links are reversed
Old February 1st, 2017, 05:01 AM
Seer Master

Still no Windows Phone :-(
Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:23 PM
Super Seer

Camera display is not working anymore after updating to latest plugin version 3.1.131.8. Below are the HS3 log entries and the last_snapshot.jpg files exist in this subdirectory of the HS3 installation directory. is it the \ versus / or is it that the root path of the HS3 installation is missing?

Feb-03 15:02:42 HSBuddy Camera returned null image: UltraNetCam3|Driveway Camera
Feb-03 15:02:42 HSBuddy Could not find camera snapshot at: html\images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam001/last_snapshot.jpg
Old February 4th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Camera display is not working anymore after updating to latest plugin version 3.1.131.8. Below are the HS3 log entries and the last_snapshot.jpg files exist in this subdirectory of the HS3 installation directory. is it the \ versus / or is it that the root path of the HS3 installation is missing?

Feb-03 15:02:42 HSBuddy Camera returned null image: UltraNetCam3|Driveway Camera
Feb-03 15:02:42 HSBuddy Could not find camera snapshot at: html\images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam001/last_snapshot.jpg
Thanks for reporting this! The issue was the missing root install path of HS3. I've put a new version of the plugin that fixes this issue.
Old February 4th, 2017, 01:30 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Thanks for reporting this! The issue was the missing root install path of HS3. I've put a new version of the plugin that fixes this issue.
Updated version resolved the issue. Thanks for the quick turnaround.
Old February 6th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Seer

avargaskun - I'd still love to help the development of this. I've tried PM-ing you to no avail.

Let's open source this so I and others can build it out!
Old February 6th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
avargaskun - I'd still love to help the development of this. I've tried PM-ing you to no avail.

Let's open source this so I and others can build it out!
I know! I've been slow on communication this past week. But I just got back to you on PM for real this time
Old February 7th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Seer

I can't get the server app to install w/ or w/o the updater file. Logs are pretty boring:

Feb-07 08:25:24 Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
Feb-07 08:25:24 Updater Error downloading package HSPI_HSBuddy.exe:Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
Feb-07 08:25:23 Updater Downloading update: HSBuddy
Feb-07 08:25:23 Updater Starting download of updates

Any thoughts?