www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old February 22nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Seer Plus

Will you be updating the app. I guess mine expired on the latest beta version and it keeps closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:13 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmet View Post
Will you be updating the app. I guess mine expired on the latest beta version and it keeps closing.

I didn't notice the distribution profile was expiring this month. I will post a new version tonight.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:18 PM
Seer Plus

Thanks

Old February 23rd, 2017, 01:46 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargaskun View Post
I didn't notice the distribution profile was expiring this month. I will post a new version tonight.
A new version is available with a fix for the expired provisioning profile. It can be downloaded from: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...pp_versions/92

Thanks for letting me know about it!
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Seer Master

Anybody know how to install this App? Does the DEV need your iPhone Serial Number in order to make it work?
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmora View Post
Anybody know how to install this App? Does the DEV need your iPhone Serial Number in order to make it work?
Hello! Following up via PM.
Old February 24th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Seer

Quote:
Ready for download is a new version of the app with 2 new features:

• Enabling connection to the ASCII port in HS3. When this is enabled, the app is updated real-time as devices change their values. You can can forward the ASCII port on your router if you want to access it from outside your home network. This feature does not work through MyHomeSeer unfortunately.
  • Collapse groups of devices and events in the list view. Individual groups can be collapsed and there's also an option to collapse all. Combined with the ability to hide devices (added on v1.0.6) I hope this improves usability of the app for people with many devices.

I really appreciate all the feedback so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new features. Ideas for new features are welcome as well

Screenshots

Collapsed device groups and new options button:

Options menu:

ASCII port settings under Server:

Builds

iOS

Send me a PM if you are a new user as iOS requires device authorization

Android (all versions)

Android (Lollipop or newer)

Can I please try the iOS version of this app.

Thanks

Dom

Old February 25th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Seer Plus

Update for Events

Hi all,

There's a small, incremental update for the app that adds a tablet (landscape) view for Events. Also, now it is possible to run events by simply tapping and holding down the event item in the list (it replaces the previous, more elaborate slide-and-click gesture)

There is also a new version of the HS3 plug-in. If this new version is present in the server, the app (both from phone and tablet) will show additional details about an event, including: status (enabled, disabled), event type (user-defined), and last time that the event ran. It will also show an option to enable or disable the event on the server.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

Cheers!
Old February 26th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Seer Master

How will we favorite events now?
Old February 26th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
How will we favorite events now?
From within the event details page there's an option to add/remove from favorites.

I've got in the list of to-do to add a favorite-management page from HS3, where it should be easier to deal with multiple selection.
Old February 26th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Seer Master

K. Found it. I assume your planned favorite management will still allow different favorites per device?
Old March 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

how far are you from getting this app to work with Apple Watch and to have notifications on iPhone and watch?
Old March 8th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by csullivan2005 View Post
how far are you from getting this app to work with Apple Watch and to have notifications on iPhone and watch?
Hello!

Apple Watch is not yet on the horizon. But I'm already looking into notifications, hopefully those should come out in the next few weeks.
Old March 8th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

notifications will be great! Is Apple Watch possible?

Thanks for your work on this.
Old March 8th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Super Seer

Have you looked at an option to display charts from Jon00's chart package, current cost 3P plugin, etc (saved as jpeg/png images) similar to displaying the images displayed from cameras?
Old March 10th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Have you looked at an option to display charts from Jon00's chart package, current cost 3P plugin, etc (saved as jpeg/png images) similar to displaying the images displayed from cameras?
I have in my list a feature to show images and videos from arbitrary folders in the HS3 server which sounds like it would work for that plugin. I have to finish a couple other things I have in flight first though. But I'll get to it for sure
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Seer Plus

App updater broken on Android N

Apparently there is a bug in the version of the HockeyApp library that the app uses which causes a failure to auto-update when running on Android N.

I will look into getting the library updated. For the time being, if your phone/tablet is running Android N and you receive a notification that an update is available, please download it directly from the application page: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60

Thanks to those who brought this to my attention
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Seer Plus

New update: Push notifications

New versions of the app and the plugin are available. This update enables Push Notifications to be sent from HS3 to the app. There's also a few updates to the HSBuddyClients page to let you manage devices and check whether the device supports notifications.

Support for notifications is very basic at the moment. More features will be added in the future. If you have ideas on how notifications could be more useful within the app, feel free to submit them through the Feedback section in the app.

To send a push notification
  1. Select the action called HSBuddy: Send Push Notification
  2. Select a target device, or choose --All Devices--
  3. Enter a message for the notification
To manage devices
  • Go to the Clients link in HS3, under Plugins - HSBuddy
  • To delete a device, select the red garbage can icon that shows to the right of the device name.
  • If the device shows a green checkmark under Notifications, then it will be available to select within the Push Notification activity in the Events page.
How to get the update

Note: There is a bug on the Android app, versions 1.0.18 and earlier, that blocks upgrades from within the app. To update to 1.0.19 you have to manually download the app and install. Simply open the link below in your phone's browser. This bug has been fixed and you should be able to continue to update to newer versions from the app as before.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

Cheers!
Old March 13th, 2017, 03:22 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
New versions of the app and the plugin are available. This update enables Push Notifications to be sent from HS3 to the app.
Nice. Will have to test this out.

One thing I was wondering about. . .is there a way to manually trigger a view to refresh device statuses? When I am testing devices getting controlled by an event, it would be nice to see the device status change instantly. . .but if that isn't feasible, how about a refresh status button at the top of each view?
Old March 13th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Seer Plus

I'm getting an error in the updater on my Homeseer system. Says error saving the downloaded file:error

Hope it's not my system.