Homepod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homepod

Anyone out there waiting for or excited for Apple Homepod to come to market. If so why? Ive been holding off from buying Sonos to see how Homepod performs. Im running homebridge on RPI3 to be able to control my homeseer devices via SIRI.

I also have Alexa but I think I like siri better. curious to what others think.

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    curious to what others think.
    I think its typical Apple. It cost way to much (150.00 over others) will lack the openness of the community to develop 3rd party extras for it. Right now with Sonos plugin were able to accomplish different tasks. Knowing how apple is, it will only play well with other apple products (maybe not homeseer).

I'm not all one brand kind of guy. HomePod will probley only work great from an iPhone, playing Apple Music or while watching Apple TV, because in apples eyes that the only way it should be.

So I personally think, people that drink the APPLE Kool-aid will be all over it, but the truth is for 350.00 and when it comes out, sonos already has it beat with years of experience, better price, better home automation intergration, better flexibility and openness to 3rd party options (even spotify, pandora and others).

Besides just the speaker part, HomeSeer already is integrated with Alexa for home control. With Apples, how long (if ever) will Apple take to integrate or open up to Homeseer integration/development?

Comment

where apple has me is I have an Apple Watch and only apple music works on Apple Watch. I wish spotify worked on Apple Watch. I run a lot and like listening to music on my Apple Watch. I agree sonos and Alexa is probably a better option but If I want voice control of music at home and using Alexa than I would have to subscribe to both spotify or amazon music and Apple Music for my watch. Sucks.

Comment

So it sounds like No matter how much it cost, how it performs or how the responses go, its the one for you anyways. That's Apple 4 you.

I have a few smart watches over the years with my current a fossil marshal gen 2.

I do use Spotify myself for the last year or so.

Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Spotify will eventually come to the Apple Watch.

As far as Homepod is concerned, I am hoping that Apple will wait to release it until it has been perfected.

Most folks don't realize that SIRI is ahead of Alexa in terms of international support as it supports many more languages. But, yes, it certainly would be nice for Apple to evolve Siri faster. They are certainly taking their time.

Maybe with Homepod things will get moving faster as voice is the main interface....
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X