Advice on transitioning from old house to new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on transitioning from old house to new house

I am moving to a new home, before my old home has been sold. I need to maintain minimal home control at the old house, while adding home automation at my new house. I have HS3Pro, currently. The transition will take more than 30 days, so a trial period for new software will be too short. Is there a way to make this transition that would avoid buying a second software license, when, ultimately, I will only need one license?
    Thanks,
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

If your trial runs out put in a support request and it can be reset once.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      If your trial runs out put in a support request and it can be reset once.
      Excellent! Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Depending on your setup: you could move the server over and set up a VPN tunnel back to the old home (or control the new home from the old one). If you are a Zwave guy; you can add a new zNet to your new house and control them both. Once the old house sells; delete that zWave network.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          Depending on your setup: you could move the server over and set up a VPN tunnel back to the old home (or control the new home from the old one). If you are a Zwave guy; you can add a new zNet to your new house and control them both. Once the old house sells; delete that zWave network.
          Thanks for the suggestion. Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
            I am moving to a new home, before my old home has been sold. I need to maintain minimal home control at the old house, while adding home automation at my new house. I have HS3Pro, currently. The transition will take more than 30 days, so a trial period for new software will be too short. Is there a way to make this transition that would avoid buying a second software license, when, ultimately, I will only need one license?
            Thanks,
            Elliott
            Sounds like you're not planing on leaving the system at the old house. Leaving it could be a plus to prospective buyer.

That's one reason I'll keep my ZEE S2 around even after switching to pro. I'll just have to avoid anything that needs the pro license unless I want to purchase just that feature such as a plugin.

Something you might think about.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
              Sounds like you're not planing on leaving the system at the old house. Leaving it could be a plus to prospective buyer.

That's one reason I'll keep my ZEE S2 around even after switching to pro. I'll just have to avoid anything that needs the pro license unless I want to purchase just that feature such as a plugin.

Something you might think about.
              Thanks. I have been thinking about leaving home automation in place, but on a much simpler scale than what I am currently running.

For several reasons, I decided to buy a license for a second HS3 program, but just the standard version. I have 2 Z-Nets, one of the original models and a newer one with built-in wifi. Each program is running on a separate mini-PC (Tangents). I discovered that my Z-wave devices cannot be on both Z-Nets at the same time. I still have many installed X-10 devices, which work nicely with both setups. So, I am focusing on the X-10 devices and plan to remove the Z-wave devices and replace them with either non-automated devices (e.g., light switches) or X-10 devices that I still have.

Elliott

Comment

Working...
              X