No announcement yet.

Zee S2 Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes have read about disgruntled iOS users of Haiku / Space HAI mobile phone application.

Here am not tethered to any mobile phone OS and many times just put a SIM card in the mobile phone du jour. I have never purchased a locked to cell phone service provider phone (always modded my cell phones - rooted).

There is a new Android Leviton OmniPro mobile/tablet application posted on Cocoontech.

It is called NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II written by author Ha Tien Hung.

Here is a You Tube video of it.

Relating to a Haiku replacement there is a long time HAI plugin author working on a new iOS application for the Omni Pro.

Read here about mavromatis new iOS application.

Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS

A while back did test out his HAI windows based touchscreen application. It worked fine for me. Guessing too that he wrote the HAI Omni Plugin (in Lua) for Vera Home Automation. Though I do not read much about that anymore...such that it might not exist these days.

Rich has been working on a new custom Homeseer Mobile phone application.

He has requested suggestions here ==> HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests
    Last edited by Pete; April 23, 2018, 09:45 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, Pete. I may try the new app.

But, I've got a bigger question. I received the RMA Zee S2. I loaded my configuration and am having the same problem. IOW: It is almost certainly a "corruption" with my configuration. So, I'll reset it and start over.

However, I'm wondering whether I would be better off returning it and buying HS3 during the sale and install it on my new NUC. The NUC certainly will have enough horsepower to run everything.

What do y'all think? I love the idea of the little pi-based Zee running everything (with very low power consumption) but I worry that with 162 devices and more coming, the little box won't be able to take it.

Comment

Here I utilize both the Homeseer 3 lite (Zee S2 Homeseer) and Homeseer 3 Pro running in Linux.

One I test stuff with and the other I leave alone or vice versa.

I utilize the Pine64 2 Gb computer to run Homeseer 3 lite on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit which runs fine on this Arm based computer.

Use an Intel Haswell iSeries / 16 Gb computer to run Homeseer 3 Pro on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

The box also runs Windows Oracle Virtual box(es) for SAPI speech and HS3 plugins which run only in Windows.

162 and more devices running on the RPi3 isn't going to hit the RPi CPU much . 162 events or more could hit the CPU on the RPi.

The above said thinking you will be happier running Homeseer 3 on an Intel NUC and if you more familiar with Windows than Linux then that might be a better choice.

Note that the web interface for Homeseer 3 running in Linux or Windows is the same.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Here running ZWave version 3.0.1.210 on my Homeseer box (ARM Pine64 2Gb computer).

The ZWave GPIO module is inside of an RPi2 POE connected in the attic running Stretch today. It's been up in the attic now for 3 years or so.

No problems with it. It is basic and using sertonet.

However, I am surprised that Leviton has allowed the developer to use so much Of its code. I hope it is all on the up and up.

The Leviton HAI API for the Omni Plugin is sort of public and hasn't been updated in years.

That said Rob did have issues with it writing the Homeseer plugin.

"Tink" had issues with HAI writing generation one of the HAI plugin which communicated with the panel via a serial connection.

First generation of Homeseer did promote the HAI combo panel features. Later on Ultra wrote a plugin for the Elk combo panel.

Leviton support of the new email board is so so as the design of the board is from the early 2000's. It is primitive.

My customized OpenWRT micro router (2" X 2") can do more and faster than the proprietary Leviton email board with only one network connection to the panel. It is faster and uses less resources with a serial connection to the panel.

Leviton Omni software releases have only been for smartphones and the software really is only OK.

I like my first generation Omni 5.7 (serial) and Omni 5.7e and Omni Pro Touch (touchscreens) stuff and not updated from this stuff (and will not update to an Android Omnitouch screen).

I do not think there is an issue with anyone writing software and selling it for the Leviton Omni panels.

You just have to figure out their antiquated and never really updated API for the panel and the newer updated firmware revisions.

So today you are limited relating to available automation software that works with the Omni Panels. There is direct remote software and HAI plugins that work with automation software.

This is where you need to use the Homeseer Omni plugin relating to using Homeseer.

Think of the panel as a security and multiple protocal automation hub. You can do simple stuff with the panel automation lines which I do here with my X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee, Omnistat and Russound connectivity. The integration of CCTV is just for viewing on the Omnitouch screens and nothing else. Russound control via Omnitouch is slow and while it works I prefer to utilize the direct connect Russound Keypads and or have a micro server connected to the Russound for Homeseer and Omni control. Leviton / Omni fixed the CCTV viewing as originally it was propietary using Axis cameras / servers relabeled to HAI.
            Last edited by Pete; May 6, 2018, 10:35 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete. My concern is not with the plug-in API. Rather, with the NQLink app. It is very very similar to the Leviton SnapLink app (albeit, a nice updated version). Unless Leviton has granted the developer a license, I am concerned that the app may infringe Leviton’s IP. That’s more of a problem for the developer than we end-users, but all the same...

The fact that Leviton hasn’t improved the SnapLink app in years and/or that the app is only so-so does not change anything. Hopefully, however, the NQLink developer did get a license and everything is on the up and up.

Comment

Working...
              X