Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I found from your log that I didn't expect the 3Phase coupler would reply with this message... It doesn't seem to be compliant with plcbus spec.

GetAllIdPulseCommand ...Coupler replies with ReportAllIdPulse
    GetOnlyOnIdPulseCommand ... Coupler should reply with ReportOnlyOnIdPulse ... but it replies with ReportAllIdPulse.

I fixed the problem in this new version.

Tell me if it's ok for you.

[EDIT] Attachement removed as it's now available from the updater.
    Last edited by stipus; January 16, 2008, 12:53 PM.
    --
    stipus

Comment

The PLCBUS Connector plugin is now available from the HomeSeer Store, in the Device / technology support section.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Works polling also works now
        (on housecode P I have lamp modules, how to report status on them? Can see in tools for PLCBus that device is report on. In Homeseer device list this modules status is in percent?)
        Attached Files

Comment

Fast polling only reports ON/OFF status. It reports ON for any DIM level.
          Slow polling reports ON/OFF/DIM + intensity level.

During fastpolling, if the device is reported as ON and the HomeSeer device status is DIM, then the plugin doesn't change the HomeSeer status.

If you need accurate DIM level to be reported, you need to use slow polling.

You can create a one minute recurring event with a script command such as
          &hs.PollDevice "P5"

The hs.PollDevice() function uses slow polling and reports accurate DIM level.
          You can also test slow polling by using the green "Poll Devices" button in the HomeSeer status page.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
            The PLCBUS Connector plugin is now available from the HomeSeer Store, in the Device / technology support section.
            Bought and paid for!

Now I'm just waiting for my new modules to arrive, can't do a whole lot with the lamp module and scene controller I have at the moment.

Quick question in relation to the signal strength from these modules, what is the minimum and maximum values? (Weirdly, I get 16 and 17 from my twin lamp module, I would have thought they would be the same?!?).

Keith

Comment

I just tried to get signal strength from a double lamp micro-module, and got 18 for first address, and 15 for the second !!

I have seen values up to 25 here. I don't know what is the exact range.
              --
              stipus

Comment

During fastpolling, if the device is reported as ON and the HomeSeer device status is DIM, then the plugin doesn't change the HomeSeer status
                It changes to 100% when fast polling but thats ok for me. Yes I can use slow polling on my lamp modules, thanks for the tip on doing it in a script.
                Yes I'm bougt and paid for the module today!

Think that signal stregth between 13- 19 is normal, that what I have on my modules on a 3 phase system, on of them is in a garage 50 meters from the house (sgnal stregth 14)

Comment

It changes to 100% when fast polling but thats ok for me.
                  OK. I think I know why: this is because of the additional PlcBus messages I need to filter when the plugin is running in 3-phase mode.

I'll check this for the next version.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Latest version V1.15.2.2 is now available from the HomeSeer updater.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Is there any down side to fast polling every minute?
                      One of the main reasons I wanted two way modules was to try and stop the kids leaving lights on all over the house, I know I'm showing my age but I find myself coming home and giving out because all the lights upstairs are on but everybodies downstairs!

For me, probably polling every 5 mins and then setting a timer for rooms that are unoccupied would work fine, just curious though...

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by gtg60 View Post
                        Is there any down side to fast polling every minute?
                        One of the main reasons I wanted two way modules was to try and stop the kids leaving lights on all over the house, I know I'm showing my age but I find myself coming home and giving out because all the lights upstairs are on but everybodies downstairs!

For me, probably polling every 5 mins and then setting a timer for rooms that are unoccupied would work fine, just curious though...

Keith
                        Here I didn't see any problem polling 3 house codes every minute. The plugin just sends a query for each housecode every minute and gets a reply from modules.

Of course if you poll all 16 house codes every minute, it would use the PLCBUS bandwidth for 10-12 seconds every minute, and you may start to get collisions. However... as most PLCBUS modules do not send anything that is not a reply to a query (except for the Scene module and PLCBUS 4034E command center), I think this can't really create any problem. If you have lots of Scene modules, I would try to minimize the number of polled housecodes, and maybe set fast polling interval to a higher value. I don't know if the Scene modules detect collisions and try to resend ???

All commands from the plugin are buffered and sent in sequence. This means fast polling cannot create collisions with other commands sent by the plugin.

Is this clear enough ?
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                          Is this clear enough ?
                          Yes, thanks, as I will only have 1 housecode for all my lights then I don't think I will be sucking up too much of the bandwidth anyway, when my new modules arrive (hopefully tomorrow) then I can do a bit of experimenting with the fast polling and my scene module to see if there are any problems.

Keith

Comment

Here is version V1.16.2.2 of the main plugin dll.

- Small bug fixed with the homeseer script command hs.ExecX10( "A1", "DIM", brightness, faderate ). The faderate parameter was not taken into account in V1.15.2.2

- New parameter available in the hspi_plcbus.ini Settings section, that can help diagnose a failed PLCBUS-1141 interface.

To activate this diagnostic mode:

Config/hspi_plcbus.ini

[Settings]
                            Debug = True
                            DebugReceivedBytes = True (False is the default value).

[EDIT] Attachement removed as a new version is available.
                            Last edited by stipus; February 1, 2008, 07:10 PM.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Having all sorts of fun today, it would appear that 'fast polling' is not working for me, at the moment I am running version V1.15.2.2 and for this test I only have a 2 load lamp module, I switched off the lamp from HS and then switched it on locally, fast polling is set to 60 seconds (then tried it at 30 seconds) and the status does not change, however if I click on 'poll devices' on the status page it does correctly identify their status.

Keith

Comment

Can you post a debug log, so that I can check if fast polling packets are being sent and if replies are received by the plugin.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X