Getting a master hub - how do I use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a master hub - how do I use it?

ive got a master hub on the way so that i can have my 2 1 wire networks going to 1 serial port.. how do I set this and its sensors up with MCSXap and MCSXAP1wire.. do I still need to run the DALSEMI 4.0 drivers? what do I call it? is there anything in the INI files I need to edit? obviously im guessing ill need to redetect my sensors which isnt any problem. i just want to do this the right way the first time.
    -Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

I only have a minute (as im busy at work but checked in) do a search for TeleFraggers dummies guide to 1 wire
    or something like that...

I did a dummies guide.. not 100% but works good.... I too use the master hub
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

here ya go...
      I got some stuff to do so wont be back on for a few hrs.. but download and read through... pretty easy to follow....

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124050

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I followed your IG but the temperature value never updates. I noticed in your example that the "poll ms" value for the temperature probes is 60000, same as the hub switches. Mine comes up as 0. When I try and change the value to something else and click "save changes," the value returns to 0. Any clues?

Comment

It has been a while, but if I remember correctly, you need to change all the polling values for a particular hub port address, which can include multiple sensors or it resets to 0.

Bill

Comment

so basicilly the master hub is going to act like a DS9097? ok so what are the HUB switch devices I see in your guide there?

my purpose for buying the hub is that I have 2 (soon to be 3) distinct 1 wire networks..
            1] the furnace supply air - needs to be polled every 2 seconds
            2] various other HVAC related sensors polled at 15 seconds
            3] 4 outside temp sensors, polled at 60 seconds.

with so many sensors I felt it necessary to have separate nets for them all as to alleviate wiring issues, thus the hub..

so whats the correct way to program this? I already am using xapmcs1wire on 2 different PC's and this will allow me to consolidate to one PC all my 1 wire...
            do I need to do anything with the switches or just set my sensors up to poll on the rates set above?
            -Christopher
            3]
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I want to say all you need to do is set your polls on each leg to what you wish... so example is the 4 outside.. the temps and switch should poll the same time and then your furnace temp and switch set to a different poll rate...

you should be able to set different poll rates per leg.. just got to have all temps on 1 leg that you wish to poll at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                .. just got to have all temps on 1 leg that you wish to poll at the same time...
                so basicilly I just set the switch for the leg say leg 1 the furnace.. ill set the switch poll time to 2000 and the temp sensor at 2000, the outside id set the switch for leg 3 at 60000 and also the sensors at 60000

by all sensors in the same leg.. the sensors that are on the leg must have their polling rate set at the same rate as the switch for that leg, correct? but the fact I have temp sensors on different legs and not all my temp sensors on one leg im still ok..

if this is the case what a Nifty little device..
                -Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                  so basicilly I just set the switch for the leg say leg 1 the furnace.. ill set the switch poll time to 2000 and the temp sensor at 2000, the outside id set the switch for leg 3 at 60000 and also the sensors at 60000

by all sensors in the same leg.. the sensors that are on the leg must have their polling rate set at the same rate as the switch for that leg, correct? but the fact I have temp sensors on different legs and not all my temp sensors on one leg im still ok..

if this is the case what a Nifty little device..
                  -Christopher
                  that is what I believe to be true... I have all of mine set to the same...

but I had a polling problem.... and yeah...

you have 6 physical ports... you can have each leg go to say a certain room for 6 rooms...

then have each leg poll at different times.. as long as the temps on that leg (all of them) and the switch is set to the same poll interval.....

I like the master hub....

I currently have 2 legs being used..
                  1 leg was my test bed with 2 temps...
                  1 leg is basement, crawl, garage, beer fridge -

summer plans:
                  1 leg to run to attic for 2 temps (2 differnet sections of attic), 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
                  1 leg kitchen, dining room, formal living room, powder room, hallway, rec room, fire place - bit overkill but why not.. because we can!!!!!
                  2 legs are free then (testbed leg can go) but thinking of running a leg to say gas heater, gas hot water tank

although I am running wires I dont see that as much of an issue.. but now that I have the rfxcom 433 antennea.. I thought it would be easier to get the rfxcom temps and just put a battery in it and add to hs... would be easier.. but who wants that????? also more expensive.. I already have 30 ds18s20 and plenty of cat5!!!!!

Comment

Assume you have 3 ds1820 sensors. Two are on hub branch 1 and the other is on hub branch 2. The poll rate selected for the first ds1820 is 5000ms. The poll rate for the second ds1820 on the first branch is 15000ms. The poll rate for the third ds1820 is 20000ms. A ds1820 is processed as having two devices. One is temperature. The other is a temperature-based switch. The polling rate needs to be set to the same for the temperature device and temperature-based switch for the same ds1820. If the are not the same then xapmcs1wire will set both to the reatI believe the pol rate of the hub switch is ignored.. Its operation is slaved to the polling rates of the sensors on the brnch. The software will optimize the olling to minimize switching the hub branch, but will stil folow the rates entered to the best of its abilitye of the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      Its operation is slaved to the polling rates of the sensors on the brnch. The software will optimize the olling to minimize switching the hub branch, but will stil folow the rates entered to the best of its abilitye of the switch.

Thanks for summing it up.. I didnt realize that - also never tried...

I didnt realize that if you say only used 1 branch and had 4 ds18s20's on it you could set each of them to different poll rates... I thought it had to be 1 poll rate for each leg.....

Comment

if i can set each sensor to a different polling rate then what is the purpose of the master hub? keeping down issues with long wire lengths? or do i not even need to install the hub?
                        -Christopher

Comment

The hub allows you to use a home-run wiring scheme. I you try to conect multiple branches together without the elehctrical isolation provided by the hub the you willl have headaches. When conected together the pulse will go out on all branches at the same time and the reflections back from different-length branch will start to interfere with subsequent pulses coming frm the ds9097 or from th sensor being addressed. mcsxap1wire makes it lok to the end user the samfe with or without a hub. It will optimize hub branch switching for maximun throughput and reliability. The user that defines the pollig rates must do it in aa maner that allows the hub switching to be effective. It is better to define 2 sensors at 20000than one at 19000 and the other at 20000.

Comment

so can I do what I want and that is have chanel 1 at 2000, channel 2 at 15000 and channel 3 at 60000?

I have too many sensors to run them all at 2000, there wouldnt be enough time for the conversions even though I run them all at low res...

the furnace temp is a MUST to be at 2000 or I over shoot my Levaing air temp too often...
                            -Christopher

Comment

You should be able to do this, but you will likely want the resolution of the 2000 m sensor to be low to minimize conversion time. 1000 is typical for temp conversion so 50% of your bandwith is used for this device.. once a polling rate starts it will finish. It is not preemptive. If you have more than 1000ms of sensors at a poll interval then your 2000 ms sensor will be delayed by the slower interval when it happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X