Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW078-ZWUS Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Switch

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to add the Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW078-ZWUS Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Switch to HS3? I get the dreaded "Security class info is not present" message. Given that it's a 240VAC device, I can't bring it close to the HS3 server to add it using the "Add Node" command on the z-wave controller interface. Any ideas (besides moving my HS server)?

Thanks
    Al

Code:
    Dec-21 5:29:28 PM	 	Z-Wave	Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
    Dec-21 5:29:28 PM	 	Z-Wave Warning	The device at node 75 should result in 3 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
    Dec-21 5:29:28 PM	 	Z-Wave Error	Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 75
    Dec-21 5:29:19 PM	 	Z-Wave	Getting SECURITY class information for node 75
    Dec-21 5:29:19 PM	 	Z-Wave	 
    Dec-21 5:29:19 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

I don't have that particular heavy duty aeotec device, but I do have a number of aeotec's other appliance modules. Since you have a z-troller (or so I see from your signature line), can't you just bring the z-troller nearby to it and do the add that way through the z-troller "Add" button? Then bring the z-troller back and reconnect it to your z-wave system and do the "Import node from controller...."? That's how I import wall switches, which are similarly not mobile.

I haven't encountered the "security class information not present" error before, though, so maybe it's not like adding wall switches....

Comment

Does the root node get created? If so try re-scanning to see if the device will add.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Or, if you have multiple z-trollers, you can change the "Main interface" to be one that has better communication with the heavy duty module, import it, sync z-trollers, and then change your main interface back to however you wanted it originally. That works too.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
          I don't have that particular heavy duty aeotec device, but I do have a number of aeotec's other appliance modules. Since you have a z-troller (or so I see from your signature line), can't you just bring the z-troller nearby to it and do the add that way through the z-troller "Add" button? Then bring the z-troller back and reconnect it to your z-wave system and do the "Import node from controller...."? That's how I import wall switches, which are similarly not mobile.

I haven't encountered the "security class information not present" error before, though, so maybe it's not like adding wall switches....
          Thanks ND! Anything with the Security Class needs to be added close to the z-wave interface using the Add Node command on the controller page. If you add to the z-troller and then try to import, the security class does not get negotiated. Wall switches, because they don't have the Security Class, can be added as you describe.

Cheers
          Al
          Last edited by sparkman; December 21, 2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Does the root node get created? If so try re-scanning to see if the device will add.
            Hi Greg, yes it did, but on the rescans, I get errors similar to my first post.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Hi Greg, yes it did, but on the rescans, I get errors similar to my first post.

Cheers
              Al
              Bummer. Can you add you Z-Troller to a longer cable and get it closer to the device? Serial cables can be quite long.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Bummer. Can you add you Z-Troller to a longer cable and get it closer to the device? Serial cables can be quite long.

That's what I do. I have a 80' cat6 extension cable and a Sena serial server. Not particularly convenient, but it does the job with the z-troller.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will pick up a long extension cable or a 1-port serial server to make this easier next time (which will be soon since I have a second one to install)

I ended up moving my HS server next to my stove, which is where I installed this one. After adding and removing a few times, upgrading to z-wave .187, re-scanning, etc. the device eventually added. However, not all functionality is working, as it is not reporting temperature, amps or volts and some of the settings seem messed up, but it is reporting watts and kWh and I can turn it on and off. I'll put a Bugzilla in for the pieces that are not working.

Cheers
                  Al

Click image for larger version

Name:	aeon hd appliance switch.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1175632

Click image for larger version

Name:	aeon hd appliance switch 2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1175633

Comment

This sure was a timely thread. I was leaning toward installing HS3 on a file server, but now I think I'm better off keeping HS3 standalone and portable.

I wonder why such strong security measures are being used to enroll an appliance module? Isn't it overkill? Door locks I can understand, but this doesn't seem to be that.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
                      I wonder why such strong security measures are being used to enroll an appliance module? Isn't it overkill? Door locks I can understand, but this doesn't seem to be that.
                      I'm not sure either. I was surprised when I first tried to add it that it showed support for the security class. Maybe they did it because it can control such a large load, or maybe just because they could .

If more devices are going to go this route, having a wi-fi connected z-wave interface would be very helpful.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        I'm not sure either. I was surprised when I first tried to add it that it showed support for the security class. Maybe they did it because it can control such a large load, or maybe just because they could .

If more devices are going to go this route, having a wi-fi connected z-wave interface would be very helpful.

Cheers
                        Al
                        I think all the new Gen5 devices use AES128 to make them more secure, which is a good thing. Of course, I am sure that the guys and gals in Ft Meade or Cheltenham will be able to gain access with impunity, but it makes it a lot more difficult for everyone else to mess with things.

G
                        Last edited by gmitch64; December 24, 2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Iv'e also tried to include it in HS3. Can't control the switch at all from HS.
                          Edit: If I include it with the stick and then rescan the device I got the switch to work with on/off, nothing more.
                          Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node while it is close to your HomeSeer interface...
                          A new node has been found and is being added...
                          Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
                          Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
                          Node 58 Added.
                          DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
                          Done. Node 58 Added.
                          Node 58 supports the SECURITY command class - negotiating a security scheme...
                          Security device (Node 58) is verified as operating securely in this network.
                          Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
                          Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Getting SECURITY class information for node 58
                          Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 58, ID: 134=86H (Aeon Labs), Type: 3=3H, ID: 78=4EH
                          Node: 58 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, SWITCH_BINARY, METER_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, CRC_16_ENCAP, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, POWERLEVEL, SECURITY
                          Node: 58 Supports Secure Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, METER_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, CRC_16_ENCAP, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, POWERLEVEL, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, HAIL
                          Node: 58 Controls Class(es): DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, HAIL
                          Error: Exception creating Sensor Multilevel child device of node 58, GET for supported sensor types indicated failure.
                          Root Node Device Node 58 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Switch Binary Node 58 was created for node 58 on network 014CDFAE
                          Associating Aeon Labs device Node 58 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Switch Binary Node 58 (58) to HomeSeer
                          Configuring Aeon Labs device Node 58 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Switch Binary Node 58 (58) to report Meter and Sensor data in Groups 1-3 to HomeSeer.
                          Configuring Aeon Labs device Node 58 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Switch Binary Node 58 (58) to report Group 1 data at 10 minute intervals.
                          Configuring Aeon Labs device Node 58 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Switch Binary Node 58 (58) to report Group 2 data at 5 minute intervals.
                          1 out of 1 Child devices of node 58 were created successfully.
                          Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
                          Finished with Replication process.
                          Last edited by lunkan; December 28, 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
                            Iv'e also tried to include it in HS. Can't control the switch at all from HS.
                            Which version of the z-wave plugin are you using? Looks like the security negotiation worked, so re-scanning it should work, or upgrading the plugin and then re-scanning.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

I'ts latest beta version .187 of Z-wave plugin I use. Rescanning wont work.

Comment

Working...
                              X