Schlage Connect Touchscreen: only 7 of 8 child devices created successfully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Connect Touchscreen: only 7 of 8 child devices created successfully

Received my first z-wave lock, a Schlage Connect Camelot. I first ran a 'remove node' per an instructional video by HS on Kwikset locks, and then ran the add. Got 7 out of 8 child devices created successfully. I've added and removed it a number of times. The best I can get is 7 out of 8 child devices. Once I got 6 out of 7. What?? I'm new to Z-wave as I've been mainly Insteon so I don't know if this is normal. I just received my SmartStick + and this lock last week and set it up tonight. Is this result to be expected? What child device might I be missing and why? Here is what is created with 7 out of 8:

IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 6 Root
    Access Control Notification
    Application Status
    Battery
    Door Lock
    Home Security
    Power Management Notification
    System Notification

I'm pretty sure it's the same 7 in the list each time but I haven't made a list until just now.

The lock is within 2 ft of the SmartStick +. The SmartStick + is currently plugged into a USB hub. I'm running the latest non-beta HS3 and Z-wave plugin. The entire lock is not installed and the battery cover is off. Is there any other info I can give?

Any help is much appreciated!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I only get 4 of 5 . . . . :\

Comment

Do you have the same lock? How far away from your Z-wave interface is it while adding it? I read it needs to be close. The one time I put them within inches of one another is when I got 6 of 7. When it was 1-2 ft away I always got 7 or 8.

Anyone have any insight into this? Defective locks that we should send back?
      Last edited by mrceolla; September 16, 2015, 08:37 PM.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I'm really at a loss regarding this supposedly missing child node. Any suggestions at all would get me further than I am now. Should I just open a ticket?

Thanks.

Comment

Which child device are you missing?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well that's one of my problems...I don't know. This is my first lock and first z wave device do I don't know what's suppose to be there. I've listed the child nodes that do appear in an earlier post.

Comment

I found this:

http://www.schlage.com/content/dam/i...s/24352403.pdf

But it doesn't seem to match up with the child nodes I'm seeing in HS3. So I'm still not sure what the 8th node is supposed to be.

Comment

According to this document: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/748/pics, it supports 13 command classes. Can you do a re-scan and post the results of that here?

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I did a "Scan Existing Devices (Full Scan). Here it shows 7 of 7.

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface...
                  Done.
                  Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
                  Getting Z-Wave node list for network #######...
                  Found 2 Z-Wave nodes
                  Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
                  Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0
                  Node: 6 Supports Class(es): APPLICATION_STATUS, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, SECURITY, VERSION_V2
                  Node: 6 Supports Secure Class(es): ANTITHEFT_V2, ASSOCIATION, BASIC, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, DOOR_LOCK_V2, ALARM_V2, USER_CODE
                  Node 6 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.42 App: 104.21
                  All associations for node 6 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
                  Enabling Lock and System status for Schlage device Node 6 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 6 Root (6)
                  7 out of 7 Child devices of node 6 were created successfully.
                  Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

Is the 'add' routine incorrectly showing an 8 of 7?

Comment

That looks great and if the lock is working properly and the devices all update, I would not worry about it. it could be a bug in the add routine, so you may want to post these results and the original add results in Bugzilla.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

I deleted and re-added again. Now Node 7. Should it increment every time even though I'm removing first?

Add Node started...
                      Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node...
                      Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node...
                      A new node has been found and is being added...
                      Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
                      DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
                      Done. Node 7 Added.
                      Reloading (importing) node information...
                      Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
                      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
                      Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 7, ID: ##=### (IR Security Safety), Type: #####=#####, ID: #####=#####
                      Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 7
                      Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 7, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
                      Getting SECURITY class information for node 7
                      Node: 7 Supports Class(es): APPLICATION_STATUS, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, SECURITY, VERSION_V2
                      Node: 7 Supports Secure Class(es): ANTITHEFT_V2, ASSOCIATION, BASIC, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, DOOR_LOCK_V2, ALARM_V2, USER_CODE
                      Node 7 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.42 App: 104.21
                      All associations for node 7 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
                      Root Node Device Node 7 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 7 was created for node 7 on network ########
                      SmartStick +: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 7 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 7 (Node 7, Group 1) to HomeSeer
                      Enabling Lock and System status for Schlage device Node 7 Z-Wave IR Security Safety Entry Control Node 7 (7)
                      7 out of 8 Child devices of node 7 were created successfully.
                      Finished.

Comment

It does look like it adds successfully. I think the reporting of 8 child devices is a bug. Yes, the node id will keep incrementing. Once you run out of IDs, it will start reusing the lower numbered ones that are no longer in use.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          That looks great and if the lock is working properly and the devices all update, I would not worry about it.
                          I've seen Access Control Notification, Door Lock, and System Notification change to different things, and the lock responds to Lock/Unlock from HS, but I'm not sure how to test the other devices or nodes and I don't even know what some of them are for. The lock manual I am holding in my hand right now has very little in the way of documentation for the Z-wave functionality.

Comment

Working...
                          X