Holiday mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday mode?

The primary basic reason I want to use this plugin is to have anything that is entered in a specific calendar "Holidays in Canada", if there is anything listed on that day it will toggle a virtual device "Holiday" with a value of "Yes" or "No". Reason being is that I have an event that turns the lights on weekday mornings when the house is Occupied (also another virtual device), but when it's a holiday...the event still runs. So the night before I either have to disable the event or else I have to kill the lights that turn on that morning.

What is the easiest way to do this?

I too have wondered about the best way to manage this. I've been caught on those statutory holidays to find my wake up lights coming on at 5:45.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I too have wondered about the best way to manage this. I've been caught on those statutory holidays to find my wake up lights coming on at 5:45.

Robert
      Yep it kills the WAF, so to automate the lights not being automated that morning would be superb.

The holiday calendar I am using is a "feed" (probably not the correct term) that is auto populated so year after year it's always accurate. I don't have to manually enter anything in, so to have this plugin find something entered in means it's a holiday and then I can kill events before they even run.

Comment

You should be able to do this.

In the event description, you should be able to put the following:

Code:
        HS[ControlDevice~A1~On]
        This would turn A1 ON when the start time of the event occurs
        You can also use the address or full device name as well

Can you try something like this?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          You should be able to do this.

In the event description, you should be able to put the following:

Code:
          HS[ControlDevice~A1~On]
          This would turn A1 ON when the start time of the event occurs
          You can also use the address or full device name as well

Can you try something like this?
          I'm just not sure where to start...I'll try and read into the tutorials to get an idea. As I just started the trial a few days ago and just linked my calendars to it...but there are no HS events that are set up with BLGData, and the setup is just something new to learn. I was just hoping there was a basic tutorial on how to initiate an event based on something in the calendar, then I'll have a better idea getting up to speed. I'll do some more poking around on the forum and reading the guide.

Comment

If you have the plugin setup and your calendars are showing in the plugin then that is good

Go to your Holidays calendar and click on the event
            In the event description type: HS[ControlDevice~A1~On]

Of course use the device code you want

When that event start time occurs it should control the device you enter
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

If you have the plugin setup and your calendars are showing in the plugin then that is good

Go to your Holidays calendar and click on the event
              In the event description type: HS[ControlDevice~A1~On]

Of course use the device code you want

When that event start time occurs it should control the device you enter
              Wow that's nuts. Now all this relies on an internet connection correct? It doesn't pull scheduled event and save it to the plugin? A simple scenario would be to have the internet go down through the night and the plugin not connecting which would then not turn on the lights in the morning.

I can get it to turn on a device at a specific time with the use of my calendar, however the Canadian Holiday calendar is something I subscribed to under "Interesting Calendars" with Google. So it pulls those holidays into my calendar so I can view it. However is there a way for the plugin to see that there is something entered in a particular calendar (regardless of what it is) and to then disable an event for that day? The reason being is that this holiday date is not editable, so I couldn't put in the appropriate code to kill an event.

Comment

OK I see what you mean. No one has ever brought that up before - you are the first. I can see the issue.
                Add a feature request on my site for this so I have a record of it. This will take some thought
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

OK I see what you mean. No one has ever brought that up before - you are the first. I can see the issue.
                  Add a feature request on my site for this so I have a record of it. This will take some thought
                  I think I was making this more complicated than it needs to be. I'll just go through my calendar and see what there are for Canadian holiday's then use the description as the trigger to run an event to toggle a virtual holiday device on or off. The description shouldn't change from year to year, unless we as a society become even more politically sensitive.

I'm buying the plugin today.

Comment

OK so you are good now or do u still need the feature?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

OK so you are good now or do u still need the feature?
                      No I think this works just fine. The only question is that these holiday entries are "All day" events. So this will trigger the Holiday mode at 12am, which is perfect so any events that day that are allowed to run can. However is there a way to have the holiday mode toggle back at 11:59pm? So another trigger at the end of the calendar entry?

Or is that what I would put in the "After Command:" of the BGData handler? Or have a 1440 minute (24hrs) offset value and have HS[ControlDevice~Holiday~Off]? The reason being is I could just use a simple HS event to toggle the status back at 11:59pm, but it would be ideal if the plugin could contain all the automation to switching the status on and off based on the Google calendar entry.

A good reason would be if we knew we were going to be on holidays for a few days, my wife doesn't need to make a calendar entry, she could simple turn the virtual holiday device on, but at 11:59pm it won't have a "dumb" event revert it back to off. Which would then force her to turn it back on every day.

Let me know what you think.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You could set the start time to 12:00 AM and the end time to 11:59 PM
                        Try that out
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                          No I think this works just fine. The only question is that these holiday entries are "All day" events. So this will trigger the Holiday mode at 12am, which is perfect so any events that day that are allowed to run can. However is there a way to have the holiday mode toggle back at 11:59pm? So another trigger at the end of the calendar entry?

Or is that what I would put in the "After Command:" of the BGData handler? Or have a 1440 minute (24hrs) offset value and have HS[ControlDevice~Holiday~Off]? The reason being is I could just use a simple HS event to toggle the status back at 11:59pm, but it would be ideal if the plugin could contain all the automation to switching the status on and off based on the Google calendar entry.

A good reason would be if we knew we were going to be on holidays for a few days, my wife doesn't need to make a calendar entry, she could simple turn the virtual holiday device on, but at 11:59pm it won't have a "dumb" event revert it back to off. Which would then force her to turn it back on every day.

Let me know what you think.
                          So Conrad, what was your final solution for holidays
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                          X