Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modbus USB-RS485 Help

Hi All,

i want to use this fantastic plugin over serial but am having issues getting it working.

i have tested over IP and i do not have any issues.

The USB-RS485 lead i am trying to use is this

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/kvm-mi...7834/?sra=pmpn

Could any one help me in getting this to work?

I'm not familiar with using and FTDI breakout. I've been using USB to RS485 adapters without issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Thanks for your response. Do you have a link for the adapter you are using?

Comment

I lied, I'm using a USB/RS232 adapter, and then an RS232 to RS485 converter on the end of it.

http://www.usconverters.com/rs232-rs...6b590e624f7dde
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Great thanks. Should any USB/RS232 adapter work plug and play?

Comment

Yup, as long as it creates a cOM port you're good. Then you just need to convert to RS485 signalling. I have seen some RS485 to USB adapters out there but can't recall where, eBay perhaps. There are some Ethernet to RS485 devices on the market too.

Comment

Should it say COM* ? as i have tried several i have and they do not come up with com* only this picture i have attached.

would this mean the kernel can see it but there is no drivers?
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry i should of said i am using the Pi3 Homeseer box!

Comment

This is the message i am getting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont know if this will help put a finger on the issue ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matt. I need to set up a Linux box and do some testing to check this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt, I've not forgotten about this, I'm about to release an updated version of the plugin, I'll confirm Linux support shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                          Matt, I've not forgotten about this, I'm about to release an updated version of the plugin, I'll confirm Linux support shortly.
                          I changed my system over to windows any everything worked perfect

Comment

Has anyone experienced the same issue / found a solution ?

Hello.
                            I have the same issue with Ubuntu. Plugin worked in Windows, however in Linux i get error 'Method not found'.

Has anyone found how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi!

Any update regarding the linux support? I love linux and really would like to stay with it and don't move to windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X