Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you connect from Tasker to HS3 from wan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you connect from Tasker to HS3 from wan?

The reason of this poll is to see if anybody still using SSL with HS3 since the certificates is not accepted by Android 5 and above.
    MyHs service
    36.36%
    IP/Hostname/DynDNS
    31.82%
    IP/Hostname/DynDNS SSL (https)
    13.64%
    IP/Hostname/DynDNS VPN
    18.18%
    Last edited by tonlof; March 22, 2016, 03:14 PM.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

I use Dynamic DNS and WiFi

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      I use Dynamic DNS and WiFi

Eman.
      Any https (SSL)?
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        Any https (SSL)?
        Yes,

HTTPS, SSL and
        I'm on Android 4.4.4

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Android 5.1.1, without SSL because I found out that without SSL it's more stable. Now I'm connected 2-way (also outside the WLAN) for weeks without any interrupts.

Comment

I only have one android device and I did put tasker on it. But since this thread is more about SSL support, I have to say right now everything is done via direct public IP/hostname and not using SSL since HS3 for Linux doesn't support it. I want/need to set up a reverse proxy to get SSL support, but haven't found the time to do that yet unfortunately.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Android 6.01. Tasker on Galaxy Note 5 (same for wife). I started with IFTTT to get Echo voice commands linked to other devices but I have been working on moving everything over to Tasker.

I use SSL with a reverse proxy and bind the HomeSeer webserver to localhost. Nginx for the proxy. Smaller, lighter, and easier to configure than Apache. Once I had the proxy setup worked out it's just a matter of dropping copies on the host of a couple working config files. I've been debating using the proxy for all of the HomeSeer servers.

Comment

Working...
              X