Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to swap out a bad Zee S2 and I seem screwed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so frustrated with my Homeseer system.

Zee S2 went bad, got a new replacement.

Went through find procedure, registered new device.

Backed up the old system (config/data/scripts).

Enbled plug ins, and did a restore of files to the new Zee S2.

Trying to replace now, and having no joy. New Zee S2 not communicating to my nodes.

(I'm not sure how my myhs.homeseer.com knows which controller to point at)

In looking at the Z-Wave controller configuration, I have two homeIDs listed. One has no active interfaces enabled. I tried to remove it, but it tells me that a node is associated with it.

Argh.

How the heck to I transition to a new Zee S2?

test

Comment

You'll need to restore a z-wave backup to the z-wave interface. I'm travelling right now, so don't have easy access to my system in order to describe the exact steps, so if you have trouble with that, hopefully someone else will jump in with instructions for that procedure.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So, I run HS3 standard for Linux on an RPI. When I restore a backup of the application folder I disable the service, paste the backup files on top of the HS3 application folder, add the ARM compiled application files back in, and rewrite the folder/file permissions. Once complete I restart the HS3 service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Kerat; April 23, 2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I use the Zee version on one of two set ups; other is HS3 Pro. It is just a directory and the Z-Wave network is in the firmware of the Z-Wave device.

So; as mentioned above just a configuration backup, directory backup is all you need to be up and running again.

I have two Zee boxes running these days with HS3 enabled on only one of them. I can shut it off and the other one will work. The Z-Wave controller is on an RPI and connects via the network Z-Net style. (Pine64-2G ARM and Xi5A AMD - both running Ubuntu 64 bit these days).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X