Manual control of PHLocation Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual control of PHLocation Devices

I have set up Geofency and it's perimeter detection is working flawlessly, unless I am on a phone call in when crossing the boundary in which case the webhook fails 100% of the time. I have a support call with Geofency to see if there's anything they can do to automatically re-issue web hook until confirmation of success. I'll see what they come back with, however I realise I should be able to manually update the associated HS3 device when using my code on the front door as a back up if location doesn't work - but Im struggling...

When setting up web hook in PHLocation I got 3 devices per geofence:

Location 1: Downstairs
    Location 2: System
    Name: Steve Geofence

Name: User [Steve] Near Any Fence

Name: Steve Home Fence

My Home/Away scenes run from the Steve Home Fence device (or equivalent device for my wife's geofency).

As a backup plan I have set the Steve Home Fence device to Home when my code is used on the front door (and the same for my wife's code / geofence etc) so even if Geofency webhook fails this should correct.

Although Steve Home Fence device changes state it doesn't set off the scenes, and I've realised that although it's status changes the time of last change is not updated. It's as if it's changing the status icon without actually updating the devices state. Is this possible?

I'm not sure if this makes any sense but keen to get to the bottom of it if anyone can help?

Basically how do I manually change the state of PHlocation/Geofency devices to manually fool the system that I've crossed the geofence boundary?!

Thanks in advance for any advice...
    Last edited by Stevemeck; June 16, 2017, 10:38 AM. Reason: mistakes

The behaviour of manual fence state changes not triggering events was by design, however it has now been changed so in the next release events will be triggered on a manual change.

Paul..

Comment

That's great news, thanks Paul (and thank you for the quick response).

This will enable me to have a belt and braces approach to location setting.

Do you know when the next release is due?

Comment

Hi Paul,
        I've just checked, I'm on 3.0.1.84. I assume this doesn't include fix (just updated a bunch of plugins and forgot to note which ones!)

Keen to fix this issue so I'm looking out for the update.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Comment

Apologies for the lack of forum responses recently. I'be been busy trying to get a major work project finished.

The change to allow manual updating of device status is in version 3.0.1.91 or later.

I still have quite a few things to finish before releasing the next version, so if you really need this ability now, drop me an email and I'll send you an intermediate version.

Paul..

Comment

Triggering on manual changes. Will this happen if an event causes the change?

Comment

Hi Sooty,
              Thanks very much for coming back to me. I'm happy to wait for the official release to find it's way into HS3 Plugins, it'll be a nice catch all for programming the Home/Away scenes if in the unlikely event that location fails.

As an order of magnitude for official release are we talking weeks or months do you think?

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X