Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Trigger only durring specific date range

Hi

Is it possible to trigger the event only during specific time during a year regardless of the day that it falls on. I've been trying to set group condition to execute say between Dec1 and Dec 30 every year. I am not having much luck.

The event will need to trigger on condition but only during specified time frame window.

Can someone show an example how this can be accomplished.

Thanks
    Mark

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hi

Is it possible to trigger the event only during specific time during a year regardless of the day that it falls on. I've been trying to set group condition to execute say between Dec1 and Dec 30 every year. I am not having much luck.

The event will need to trigger on condition but only during specified time frame window.

Can someone show an example how this can be accomplished.

Thanks
    Mark
    You will need some other trigger, a specific time or a recurring event, then set the conditions to constrain the dates. When you choose a date you have the option of any day, any month or any year. So you would chose the month, day then check any year. Those same conditions could be group conditions,
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you I will give it a try

Comment

Is 'after' really after?

I know this thread is a bit old but this goes right along I think....
        I could test this but is "after" really after? (logical engineer here)...

In a nutshell, if I specify "after 12/1" , does it start happening on 12/1 or 12/2?

12/1 is technically not "after" 12/1 but I've seen stuff implemented all kinds o' ways in my career...

Does HomeSeer "after" mean "on or after" or literally just "after"?

thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by HacksawHA View Post
          I know this thread is a bit old but this goes right along I think....
          I could test this but is "after" really after? (logical engineer here)...

In a nutshell, if I specify "after 12/1" , does it start happening on 12/1 or 12/2?

12/1 is technically not "after" 12/1 but I've seen stuff implemented all kinds o' ways in my career...

Does HomeSeer "after" mean "on or after" or literally just "after"?

thanx!
          HomeSeer days begin and end at midnight. After a date means after midnight on that date, before a date means before midnight of the day before. It is a little nuanced when you don't specify a year. When a year is not specified, "The date is before" assumes it is after midnight on December 31 and "The date is After" assumes it is before midnight on December 31. It is explained in this post.

It is also important to know that since a day begins and ends at midnight, "The time is before" assumes it is after midnight and "The time is after" assumes it is before midnight. 7:00 PM is NOT before 7:00 AM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanx... This HS3 stuff is quite flexible I'm finding (just now transitioning from HS2 to HS3)...

Comment

I resume this old post only to have a confirmation.
              In need to switch ON a lamp at 10:00 PM and switch OFF at 7:00 AM only from 1st May to 30th September.

My event:
              IF The time is at 22:00:00
              AND IF The date is after 30/04/Y
              AND IF The date is before 01/10/Y
              THEN: switch on lamp.

The same for Switch OFF.

(note the European date formatting).

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X