Z-Wave Lock Events Script - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    I have the same older Schlage locks as TomTom in post #13. In the logging device I also (like TomTom) get an entry for the user unlock and immediately get an entry "User Code Entered (20)". This occurs for both the lever lock and dead bolt.

It was noted after TomToms post there would be an update to the script - did that happen? I am running the most recent script.
    It's been updated many times since. The locks send multiple notifications in quick succession and the script will capture and log them all. However, you can decide which codes you get notified about, so you could decide to not get notified about code 20.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Al,

I have a suggestion, and I'm not sure if it's worth doing or not, but I thought I would put it out there.

I have some lock events that I only want my phone to be notified of (mainly I do this for testing purposes). My wife doesn't like to get every single unlock/lock message that I get when I'm testing. Would it be possible to select which pushover users are used for each status? Currently I do this by separate events, so it's not like it's going to save me any time (as I don't have to create them), but it would clean up my events a tiny bit.

Maybe it could be as easy as having the option to use the default (global) options for the script or set them for that status.

once again, not really a huge deal at all. I just got a chance to set up the new version and this popped in my head

Edit: I'm going to add onto this as I find things until you answer :P

Can we adjust the "titles" for the pushover announcements? For instance, when I have it set to "Normal", the title says "Lock Warning - Front door". For normal, I would rather it says something like "Lock notification" or "door notification" as to not make it seem so urgent (more for WAF than for me). I figured you could make each action priority maybe have a configurable (global) setting for it's string? Tell me if I'm far off here.

Otherwise, after realizing I had to change the params for my event, it is working awesome! Great work
      Last edited by sirmeili; February 2, 2017, 08:27 AM. Reason: added another potential request

Comment

I had been thinking about that as well for the same reason as you, and it's on my to do list. Not sure of a good way to do it without cluttering up the config page yet and messing up the current INI file structure, but I'll think of something.

On an unrelated note, I do have a new version almost ready to go that incorporates integration with the Random plugin to allow for announcements to be randomly selected from a list defined in that plugin. Should be posted this weekend.

Cheers
        Al

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can this script be used on zee series 1?
          rkshack

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
            Can this script be used on zee series 1?
            rkshack
            It may, if you get errors, let me know what they are and I'll try to adjust so that it does. Supposedly aspx pages don't work well on mono, so you may need to configure the INI file manually. If you can try the aspx page, and let me know, that would be great.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Al,

Question/request: I know we have pushover and announcements, but would it be possible to add support for sending messages via jon00's RCCNM? Specifically the Balloon. I could do it via another script, but since this already has all the information, thought it could be put here.

Right now for other events, I call this script:

Code:
              &hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","1+3+4||balloon||The Clothes in the dryer are done.||5||Household Notification||1||1" ,True ,False)
              where it's [devices separated by +]||balloon||[the message to be called]||[Timeout in seconds]||[Balloon title]||[show date and time]||[clear queue].

I've also attached a screenshot of the doc for this feature.

Edit: P.S. The reason I don't use pushover on the computers is because they don't have a native app. you have to depend on chrome and I don't want to do that for notifications.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                Al,

Question/request: I know we have pushover and announcements, but would it be possible to add support for sending messages via jon00's RCCNM? Specifically the Balloon. I could do it via another script, but since this already has all the information, thought it could be put here.

Right now for other events, I call this script:

Code:
                &hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","1+3+4||balloon||The Clothes in the dryer are done.||5||Household Notification||1||1" ,True ,False)
                where it's [devices separated by +]||balloon||[the message to be called]||[Timeout in seconds]||[Balloon title]||[show date and time]||[clear queue].

I've also attached a screenshot of the doc for this feature.

Edit: P.S. The reason I don't use pushover on the computers is because they don't have a native app. you have to depend on chrome and I don't want to do that for notifications.
                Hi Frank,

Will take a look this weekend. I use RCCNM as well, but haven't used it for notification.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Frank,

Will take a look this weekend. I use RCCNM as well, but haven't used it for notification.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Thanks I think for the most part it could share the same text as the pushover notifications....it would just have to account for the settings, which I think could be global.

Comment

Thanks I think for the most part it could share the same text as the pushover notifications....it would just have to account for the settings, which I think could be global.
                    It was easier to add than I thought it would be and am testing it now. Should be able to post it tomorrow.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

You rock!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

You rock!
                        LOL, thanks. Not much rocking was happening yesterday, so the new version is posted today. Support for Jon00RCCNM notifications have been added (as well as for Jeff Farmer's Random plugin which allows you to randomize announcements). Let me know how it works for you.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Al,
                          First off I would like to thank you for all the hard work you put into this script. I used it about a year ago for a rental property and it worked great.

I'm trying to get this setup at my home. I followed all the instructions to the T. Unfortunately, when I try to pull up the doorlock.aspx page I get the following error. What do you think would solve this?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
                            Al,
                            First off I would like to thank you for all the hard work you put into this script. I used it about a year ago for a rental property and it worked great.

I'm trying to get this setup at my home. I followed all the instructions to the T. Unfortunately, when I try to pull up the doorlock.aspx page I get the following error. What do you think would solve this?
                            Hi, are the one on your rental property and your home running on the same type of system? Is one Windows and the other linux by any chance? Looking at the error, I'm guessing that the IsArray function isn't supported by mono under linux. If you can confirm that it's linux, I'll look at an alternative.

Thanks
                            Al

Comment

Both Systems are Linux. When I installed it on the rental property device a year ago, there was no doorlock.aspx. All changes where made directly in the script. This is why i'm excited to try the newest version. Seems more user-friendly. Thanks for your fast response!! Your the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
                                Both Systems are Linux. When I installed it on the rental property device a year ago, there was no doorlock.aspx. All changes where made directly in the script. This is why i'm excited to try the newest version. Seems more user-friendly. Thanks for your fast response!! Your the man!
                                Got it and you're welcome. Yes, I may have broken some things on the linux side as I don't have a way to test it myself on that and I don't recall anyone confirming that it worked or didn't work under linux. If you are comfortable editing the aspx file yourself, replace the line:

Code:
                                				If IsArray(LockChildren) Then
                                with

Code:
                                				If LockChildren.Length > 0 Then
                                and let me know if that works.

Thanks
                                Al

Comment

Working...