Z-Wave Lock Events Script - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    No worries, thanks for asking and no need to give me credit for just using the same format.

Cheers
    Al

PS I have a script for the zcombo as well if you want to take a look at it. I based it on the lock script too.
    If you don't mind, id love to take a look at the script. Life happened and I haven't had much time to work on this project.

Comment

Originally posted by JimiB View Post
      When the table displays on the virtual device I created for each lock, the right side of the table is truncated, even though there seems to be plenty of blank space on that section.
      Playing around with tweaks to the code I came upon what I think is a good solution and is HTML5 compatible.

Here's my updated code.

Code:
      Dim tblHSTouch As String = "<table style='width:325px; table-layout:fixed'><tr><td style='width:180px'>Event</td><td style='width:80px'>Date</td><td style='width:65px'>Time</td></tr>"

Comment

Well that response didn't come out the way I wanted. Seems even though I put CODE tags around my code, the HTML tags are being interpreted anyway.

Let's try this:

Code:
        Dim tblHSTouch As String = 
        "[LT]table style='width:325px; table-layout:fixed'[GT]
        [LT]tr[GT]
        [LT]td style='width:180px'[GT]Event[LT]/td[GT]
        [LT]td style='width:80px'[GT]Date[LT]/td[GT]
        [LT]td style='width:65px'[GT]Time[LT]/td[GT]
        [LT]/tr[GT]"
        Read [LT] as < and [GT] as >

Comment

Schlage Deadbolt

Hi There,
          I'm very new so forgive the Newb questions. I'm trying to configure this, and I think I getting there, but I've got some questions.
          I'm using the Schlage Deadbolt. In the Log file, it shows the Manual Unlock or Lock operation, but I'm not getting a log entry when it Locks using the Schlage Button.
          Do I need to create a Virtual Device for Each lock? (I have 4 of them)
          I have the email feature enabled, but it doesn't send an email. Is there something Homeseer I need to configure? I did setup the email under configuration, to use Gmail, but still no emails get sent. I do plan on using the Pushover script as well, but wanted to get this working just to learn.
          I've also attached my log file if it helps
          I'm using the Reference ID for Access Control Notification:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses View Post
            I'm using the Schlage Deadbolt. In the Log file, it shows the Manual Unlock or Lock operation, but I'm not getting a log entry when it Locks using the Schlage Button.
            Try editing your "Access Control Notification" devices for each lock. On the "Status Graphics" tab you can add a new single graphic with Value = 5 and Status = "Locked with Schlage button".

Also, on my formatting code posted this thread earlier today, that only works correctly if you do not use "Floor" in your devices. I only need "Room" so have removed Floor from the display, giving me more space for the Status field to display. My table sizing edits assume that space.

Comment

Hi There,
              I'm very new so forgive the Newb questions. I'm trying to configure this, and I think I getting there, but I've got some questions.
              Do I need to create a Virtual Device for Each lock? (I have 4 of them)
              I have the email feature enabled, but it doesn't send an email. Is there something Homeseer I need to configure? I did setup the email under configuration, to use Gmail, but still no emails get sent. I do plan on using the Pushover script as well, but wanted to get this working just to learn.
              I've also attached my log file if it helps
              I'm using the Reference ID for Access Control Notification:
              Can you post a screen shot of the Status Graphics tab of the Access Control Device? Yes, you should create a virtual device for each lock. I'll take a look through the log file. If you haven't yet, change Debug = False in the script to Debug = True as it will put more verbose entries in the log. Re. the email, setup an event with a manual trigger to send an email and make sure that works first.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Schlage Status

Hey sorry for the late response, was traveling, I just tried JimiB's suggestion, of a value of 5 "Locked with Schlage Button" and that works. I can setup debugging if you'd like to see if it's possible to do it another way. I did do a Manual Lock and unlock but still no email. Is it using Homeseer to send the email? I'm not even sure I got homeseer sending emails yet, never tested it out yet
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey sorry for the late response, was traveling, I just tried JimiB's suggestion, of a value of 5 "Locked with Schlage Button" and that works. I can setup debugging if you'd like to see if it's possible to do it another way. I did do a Manual Lock and unlock but still no email. Is it using Homeseer to send the email? I'm not even sure I got homeseer sending emails yet, never tested it out yet

Yes, it's using HS to email. Just create an event to send an email and make sure that's working first.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Limited functionality

Sparkman,

First, thanks for the script. It seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

I have the script installed and most of the right stuff is happening but there is one thing that I can't seem to get working.

Whenever I enter a code in the Kwikset lock at the front door (this is my only lock), I don't get the line in the log that states who unlocked the door.

Here is a sample of what I see in my virtual device.

Event Date Time
                    Locked by Z-Wave (24) 2016-12-03 21:45:51
                    User Code Entered (1) 2016-12-03 21:40:47
                    Locked by Button (18) 2016-12-03 21:40:39
                    Unlocked by Lever (22) 2016-12-03 21:40:29
                    Locked by Lever (21) 2016-12-03 21:39:26
                    User Code Entered (1) 2016-12-03 21:39:21
                    Locked by Button (18) 2016-12-03 21:39:11
                    Unlocked by Lever (22) 2016-12-03 21:39:02
                    Locked by Z-Wave (24) 2016-12-03 21:32:17
                    User Code Entered (1) 2016-12-03 21:27:01

Please let me know any other info you need and I will gladly reply with it.

Thanks ahead of time!

eFusion

Comment

Very strange behavior

OK, I have HS3 latest version and I have a Kwikset lock.

What I have determined is that the value that is being sent to the notification device when I enter a code is not 5XX (501, 502, etc) but is 1, 2, etc.

I have messed around with the offset in the status graphics user codes area by changing the offset to 0 instead of 500 to try and get homeseer to tell your script that the value of the notification device is 501 instead of 1 but a "person" is not recognized and it skips this entry in the log.

Oddly enough, when I update the door lock logging for the latest entry, it states that user code 1 was entered (or whatever user code I used).

The only way I have been able for your script to recognize a "person" is if I change the case values to 1, 2, etc. When I do this, whether or not I have an offset of 500 or 0 in the status graphics, your script shows a "person" entry and I hear "efusion unlocked the door" on the speaker. Great! However, this is a problem because it recognizes common status entries like "18 Locked by Button" as a "person" since it is captured in the range 5-30 and enters that as "someone else unlocked the door."

Long story short, how do I get your script to recognize the 501 instead of the 1? Am I supposed to have an offset of 500 like the default states? What about the checkmark "has additional data"? Should that be checked? I am asking all of this because I am seeing a lot of posts with status graphics print screens for schlage and yale but there actually isn't one for Kwikset. Could someone post theirs?

Finally, just to make things more complicated, I am not receiving any email or pushover notifications either.

Sorry I am rambling, it is late and I have been monkeying around with this for about 4 hours now.

Comment

Originally posted by eFusion View Post
                        Sparkman,

First, thanks for the script. It seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

I have the script installed and most of the right stuff is happening but there is one thing that I can't seem to get working.

Whenever I enter a code in the Kwikset lock at the front door (this is my only lock), I don't get the line in the log that states who unlocked the door.

Please let me know any other info you need and I will gladly reply with it.

Thanks ahead of time!

eFusion
                        Can you post a screen shot of the notification child device's status graphics tab?

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Kwikset Notification Device Status Graphics Page

Thanks for the quick response!

Hopefully you can read this. If not, I will break it up in to smaller sections.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eFusion View Post
                            Thanks for the quick response!

Hopefully you can read this. If not, I will break it up in to smaller sections.
                            All looks as expected. The issue is that the lock will send multiple notifications in quick succession and because the script is also writing to a log file on disk, the script can't run multiple instances due to file lock issues. I am planning to rewrite the script to address that issue, but haven't made the time to do so. If the logging is not important to you, that can be disabled by commenting out the relevant sections in the script and then the event can be modified to remove restrictions on how often it can run.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Al,

Before I try that, I wanted to let you know what I am doing because I am aware of the 2 second delay between scripts running:

I unlock the front door from the inside manually
                              I open the door and go outside and shut the door
                              I press the lock button and wait for the lock to lock (this takes a few seconds)
                              I enter a code and wait for the door to unlock
                              I open the door and go inside and shut the door

I then go to my laptop on the back porch to see what happened

Keep in mind from a previous post that if I change your script as follows, it works:

Original Script
                              Case 501
                              Person = "John"
                              Case 502
                              Person = "Jacob"
                              Case 503
                              Person = "Jingleheimer"
                              Case 504
                              Person = "Schmidt"
                              Case 505 To 530
                              'Person = "Someone Else"

My changes
                              Case 1
                              Person = "John"
                              Case 2
                              Person = "Jacob"
                              Case 3
                              Person = "Jingleheimer"
                              Case 4
                              Person = "Schmidt"
                              !Case 505 To 530
                              !'Person = "Someone Else"

For some odd reason, your script is receiving a 1 instead of a 501 and so on for the user codes.

Is there something I can do further to debug such as capture the value that is being sent by the lock or change the parameters on the lock to send the info correctly?

I really appreciate you spending a little bit of time on this. I am fairly new to homeseer.

Comment

Sorry I am not meaning to spam you.

Here is a screenshot of the user code I receive and the output of the logging virtual device:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X