No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I thought it might be to do with number of devices. Rules that out then. Is everything connected to one switch? Over wifi? Etc

Comment

Actually I have a router, 1 network switch and 1 WiFi extender. This might be what's causing the issue. To many components. However the HS machine is connected directly to the main router and weather the phone is connected to the main router or the WiFi extender I still have the same issues.

Comment

I've had trouble with AirPlay speakers showing/not showing etc.
        Using the bonjour browser I can see the homebridge and airfoil (AirPlay) speakers but for now the airfoil speakers aren't accessible. Could be isolated to airfoil. At the minute homebridge/kit is still working.
        I'll see if I can get that visible somehow for clues.

Comment

I've been using this in Trial mode for a couple of days, just made the decision I would go ahead with it and renamed a load more of my lights so they worked and my nest temperature target and HVAC mode, logged in to the home app on my iphone, which only showed the devices I had previously tested as services, and as soon as it tried to refresh I now have zero services in my app.

Tried to unisntall and reinstall the homekit plug in, repaired the phone app and I can't get any devices to show up any more. Real shame as it had been flawless with the 8 or 9 devices I had tested with as well as linking goodnight and good morning to scenes effectively. Now nothing works, although I can still see and add homeseer into the app and no errors in the logs.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comment

Rien

still a problem with the plugin

i cant see the pairing in there , also the other settings...

i reinstalled the plugin but no luck

regards
            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
              Rien

still a problem with the plugin

i cant see the pairing in there , also the other settings...

i reinstalled the plugin but no luck

regards
              What do you mean with the plugin, which plugin?
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

your own plugin ,jsonconfig for homekit

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                What do you mean with the plugin, which plugin?

Comment

For my plugin, the Homebridge needs to be up and running. If's not, it doesn't do anything.

Is your Homebridge working ?
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

yes its running and working , but in your pdf it stands that you can pair trough the plugin , but i can only set the location of the json file...

For my plugin, the Homebridge needs to be up and running. If's not, it doesn't do anything.

Is your Homebridge working ?

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                      yes its running and working , but in your pdf it stands that you can pair trough the plugin , but i can only set the location of the json file...
                      Ah okay,

simply open a HS device you want to add to Homekit (via the HomeBridge), go to the Homekit tab and configure the device for the HomeBridge.

See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=474
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

many thanks

Ah okay,

simply open a HS device you want to add to Homekit (via the HomeBridge), go to the Homekit tab and configure the device for the HomeBridge.

See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=474

Comment

@freeon
                          My setup has just started playing up again. Lasted nearly a week.
                          I rebooted the homebridge and it worked again, but not for long.
                          Do you have an Apple TV? I have two, but they go to sleep. I'm going to start again and leave one on constantly to see if that changes anything.
                          Anyone else had any luck with this??

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                            @freeon
                            My setup has just started playing up again. Lasted nearly a week.
                            I rebooted the homebridge and it worked again, but not for long.
                            Do you have an Apple TV? I have two, but they go to sleep. I'm going to start again and leave one on constantly to see if that changes anything.
                            Anyone else had any luck with this??
                            I do have an apple TV and I believe it does go to sleep. I thought I read on this thread that the apple TV was only used when you were using homebridge from outside the network, and also from what I remember I believe that feature is no longer available. I could be wrong about that as it's been 5-6 months since I have played with this as I was never able to get it to work. If you do find a solution do let me know because I want this so much to work.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's to do with my router hardware, and a network/bonjour thing. HomeKit does stop working on my HS devices, but the hue lights don't (maybe to do with the hue bridge) but if I reboot the router, it's ok again. Try it, see if it helps. I have a similar problem with my iTunes shared library not appearing in my iPhone remote app. Rebooting fixes that also.

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
                                I've updated the package to the latest homeseer.js platform. Note that I used the "homebridge-legacy-plugins" from nfarina. I will look to the new "homebridge" as soon as I have some spare time.

To update your current installation:
                                ---
                                1) Download http://greedy.reflexlight.nl/homesee...e-homeseer.zip
                                2) Close homebridge-homeseer and Homeseer
                                3) Back-up your C:\homebridge-homeseer directory
                                4) Extract and copy over your current installation (should not overwrite any configurable files)
                                5) Start Homeseer
                                6) When Homeseer has been started successfull, it should start homebridge-homeseer after a minute in a CMD window:
                                Code:
                                Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
                                Do not close this screen
                                Output will be logged to c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.log
                                ---

For new installations: follow these steps to get the Homebridge-homeseer package running on your Windows box:
                                ---
                                1) Download and install Bonjour: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?v...L&locale=nl_NL
                                2) Download http://greedy.reflexlight.nl/homesee...e-homeseer.zip
                                3) extract homebridge-homeseer.zip to c:\homebridge-homeseer (do not choose another path, unless you know what you're doing!)
                                4) Edit the config file config.json with your devices
                                5) Browse to c:\homebridge-homeseer
                                6) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
                                - Change the first "goto main_logged" (line 11) to "goto main"
                                7) Run homebridge-homeseer.cmd to test your installation. It should report:
                                Code:
                                Starting Homebridge server...
                                Loading 1 platforms...
                                8) Press CTRL+C and enter Y to terminate the batch job.
                                9) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
                                - Change the first "goto main" (line 11) to "goto main_logged"
                                10) Add the following line to startup.vb (from your homeseer installation directory), just after "End Sub":
                                Code:
                                    ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
                                    hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)
                                11) Restart Homeseer.
                                12) When Homeseer has been started successfull, it should start homebridge-homeseer after a minute in a CMD window:
                                Code:
                                Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
                                Do not close this screen
                                Output will be logged to c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.log
                                ---

If it is all running fine, you can always update your installation to the latest version of HomeSeerPlatform by just replacing the homeseer.js in c:\homebridge-homeseer\platforms with the latest version provided by stipus

---Edit---:
                                Just updated homeseer.js to the latest version from this board (v0.11.1).

Good luck!
                                Erwin
                                Hi Erwin,
                                Thank you for your post and files that made easy to install the homebridge in windows.
                                I used your post and everything is working, but I got two errors and I would to know how to fix it.
                                I used the new installation instructions.

In step 9:
                                9) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
                                - Change the first "goto main" (line 11) to "goto main_logged"
                                I am using with "goto main" because there is no "main_logged" in the cmd script, if I change I receive erros and the homebridge do not work.

In step 10:
                                10) Add the following line to startup.vb (from your homeseer installation directory), just after "End Sub":
                                The startup.vb is in the subdirectory "script", I added this line but I received this error in log:

Error Compiling script Startup.vb: Declaration expected.
                                Error Compiling script Startup.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

I had to startup the homebridge manually

Is there way to fix those errors?

Thanks
                                Willy

Comment

Working...
                                X