Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
    Cheers Jon00. Looks like I'm going to be rescued by another one of your killer scripts then

Seems simple enough. I'll set it up and give her blast.
    Cheers buddy.
    Great...Please let me know how it goes!
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Great...Please let me know how it goes!
      Jon00 - Worked perfectly first time! Amazing. So much more powerful than the the stock Skill as well.

Brilliant stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        I have just noticed that echo has latched onto a HS skill called devUK ! never noticed that one before.
        I was puzzled, so contacted Echo help desk. Yes my Echo is registered to Amazon UK and not US. The skill Homwseer devUK was imported by Amazon when they migrted The account. If I do not wish it I can remove it but apparently cannot restore that perticular skill as it is not available in the UK yet.

Hmm. not sure what that is all about except I seem to have been lucky by doing nothing and allowing Amazon to transfer things.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          I was puzzled, so contacted Echo help desk. Yes my Echo is registered to Amazon UK and not US. The skill Homwseer devUK was imported by Amazon when they migrted The account. If I do not wish it I can remove it but apparently cannot restore that perticular skill as it is not available in the UK yet.

Hmm. not sure what that is all about except I seem to have been lucky by doing nothing and allowing Amazon to transfer things.
          When you follow the tutorial, the skill will also show up as Dev uk. My guess is they have basically copied the skill and added it to you "developer" account on your behalf. Lucky you

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
            When you follow the tutorial, the skill will also show up as Dev uk. My guess is they have basically copied the skill and added it to you "developer" account on your behalf. Lucky you
            Yes indeed very lucky, so why not for everyone else?
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Has this still not been released to the UK yet?

Thanks,
              Dean

Comment

Originally posted by dean View Post
                Has this still not been released to the UK yet?

Thanks,
                Dean
                Hi Dean, appears o be a yes and no answer. I and some others have it working, but many do not. I was contacted by Amazon shortly after Echo was released in the UK, by phone to ask if I wished my Echo account transfered so I could access Prime music, I agreed and low and behold I have a new HS skill set.

Speak to the Echo help desk, I do not think this is a HS problem.
                sigpic

Comment

New UK echo owner here too. No skill

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
                    New UK echo owner here too. No skill
                    Patience, HS will get it sorted. If you cannot wait, register Eho to a US Amazon account, set it up then ask Amazon UK to import the account.
                    sigpic

Comment

Try calling Amazon. I just did and they said they will send a request to there developers to try and get it in the uk. I would guess the more requests they get the better.

Greig.
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        Try calling Amazon. I just did and they said they will send a request to there developers to try and get it in the uk. I would guess the more requests they get the better.

Greig.
                        You can call them? what's the number?

Comment

I gave up.
                          Installed HA Bridge and manually added devices and events.
                          Works just fine :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
                            You can call them? what's the number?
                            even better they will call you!

1.Go to help and feedback in the Alexa App
                            2.Click Call Customer service.
                            3.Select smart home as a catagory
                            4.Select other as an issue
                            5.Enter your phone number

Wait for your phone to ring.

Greig.
                            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Got an Email frome Homeseer support today to tell me the skills should now be available on the UK store.

They are not for me. But maybe this means they have received notice from amazon that they have been approved.

Hopefully soon!

Comment

I cant see the official skill in the portal, but I followed the instructions for the workaround and it worked fine.
                                Initial impressions are pretty poor really - It doesn't seem to solve the main problem of having to know the names of devices and having to speak really clearly several times.
                                Even a custom test event that listens for the phrase 'heated floor' was struggling to work first or even third time. The only WAF i got was in the form of entertainment - i.e she just laughed as I kept repeating myself to alexa.

Will play around with it and read some threads to see if i can improve it.
                                The echo itself is pretty good - i like using as a radio!

Comment

Working...
                                X