Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    ???

I've got it loaded on both IOS and Android here?
    Me to.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Wade, Help!!

Have set it all up. But when I tell homeseer to do something It says "Your HS3 system needs to be updated to version 239 or later"

I am running version 297 on a Raspberry PI 3

Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297

Anything I need to do?

Thanks, Matt.

Comment

You may need to restart homeseer.

You also want to be sure it can recieve JSON commands, and that it can connect to myHS.

If you still cant get it to work, let me know and I will look into it for you.
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          You may need to restart homeseer.

You also want to be sure it can recieve JSON commands, and that it can connect to myHS.

If you still cant get it to work, let me know and I will look into it for you.
          How can I test to see if it can recieve JSON commands?

I will restart it now, it is linked into myHS fine and I can get to my HS3 from the internet by logging into myhs .

Thanks, Matt.

Comment

Just noticed when I log into MyHS there is a message on the screen that says:

NOTE: For the best experience please update your HomeSeer system to build 3.0.0.206 or later.

Not sure if this displays for everyone or if the version number is messed up on the latest PI 3 image and it actually think I am running an older version?

Is there a config file I can edit somewhere that has the version number in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
              Are you sure you haven't got this backwards?

The API Skill is the once where the echo detects all your devices. and then you can say things like "Alexa, Turn off my lounge light".

The Custom interaction model skill allows you to say things like "Alexa, Tell homeseer to run the party time event" or "Alexa, tell homeseer to turn off the lounge ceiling light in 1 hour"

If it the second option you want then Wade is saying we can do that ourselves now. I will be testing in about 45 minutes!

Matt.
              Thanks for the update, very much appreciated.

Could you confirm, which one you are having problems with, the API (Smart Home Skill) or normal Skill where you have to say "Alexa, Tell Homeseer ......"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                ???

I've got it loaded on both IOS and Android here?
                Cheers Jon, checked the app store and it is now there.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
                  Just noticed when I log into MyHS there is a message on the screen that says:

NOTE: For the best experience please update your HomeSeer system to build 3.0.0.206 or later.

Not sure if this displays for everyone or if the version number is messed up on the latest PI 3 image and it actually think I am running an older version?

Is there a config file I can edit somewhere that has the version number in it?

If your version is out of date you may need to update.

Be sure yo're on the latest version.

When you restart HS3 it sends your IP address and version to myHS.

If for some reason that info isn't sent to myHS it won't know what version you have, so it will assume your version is not up to date.
                  Wade

Comment

Hi Wade,

Have restarted but still no luck. Still saying the I need to upgrade to a newer version despite me being on the latest version.

I'm thinking the build has a wrong version number in it or something but so far haven't found any files apart from settings.ini which states the correct version.

I am comfortable with linux so if there is anything you need me to look at just give me a shout.

Thanks, Matt.

Comment

If you send me your license number I can look at the data for your echo link.
                      Wade

Comment

Have sent you a PM. I am just running the updatehs.sh script to install a different version.

I maybe wrong but it kind of looks like when I did the last update, it didn't download the tar file properly, so maybe it thinks it updated but didn't actually.

Will let you know if I sort it.

Matt.

Comment

Downgraded to version 291, Still said I needed version 239 or later.

Updated back to 297 via the web front end, it restarted and HS3 says it is version 297 but the skill still doesn't work. Same message.

Arrrgghh, I'm sure this is so close to working

Matt.

Comment

Not sure if this is related. When I go to myHS.homeseer.com and click on the mange button I get a message saying: A subscription is required to use the additional features.

Does this mean maybe there is a problem with my account?

Comment

I'm not seeing the skill yet. I am accessing via a browser as my Android is too old!
                              What is the actual name for the skill?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                                I'm not seeing the skill yet. I am accessing via a browser as my Android is too old!
                                What is the actual name for the skill?
                                The official skill isn't available yet as HomeSeer are having some problems with with the migration process.

It looks like there may be a manual work arund that we can use for now which I am just in the progress of testing with help from Wade from HomeSeer.

If I can get it working I will do a tutorial for people to follow. This will allow us to set it up and use it until the official plugin can be sorted.

Matt.

PS I am nothing to do with HomeSeer, Just somebody desperate to get this working

Comment

Working...
                                X