Alexa and homeseer events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa and homeseer events

is it possible in a future version of this plugin to eliminate the tell homeseer to run event......I have noticed that Control 4 allows for simple commands such as Alexa turn on bedtime

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    is it possible in a future version of this plugin to eliminate the tell homeseer to run event......I have noticed that Control 4 allows for simple commands such as Alexa turn on bedtime
    Create a virtual device called bedtime, then use that device to trigger your events. This way you can say "Alexa, turn on bedtime" and it will trigger the event. Make sure the box for voice control is checked for the virtual device.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I get Alexa to see Z-Wave devices?

How do I get "Alexa, turn on bedtime" to work? Do I need the Alexa plugin.
      If I tried that, i get the message something like "sorry I couldn't find a device or group called 'bedtime' in you library."

and Can I get Alexa to see Z-Wave devices directly so I can say "Alexa, turn on living room light"?

Comment

Go to Amazon.com/Alexa and go to the smart home section. Enable the skill, login to your myhs, then discover devices.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. I had the "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" enabled but not the "HomeSeer" skill set. I am way behind. This is a game changer. I started getting WiFi plugs (actually only one ) because of its nice interface with Alexa, but now I can do it with Z-Wave. So cool, thanks.

Comment

I have my Echo working. How it names devices when it discovers them is still a bit confusing - some us the room and others don't. Added a Group for "Bedtime" that works just fine.

My question is what does the Plug-in offer me above what I am getting without the Plug-in

Comment

Figure it's time to re-ask some question again that not been answered.

Can anyone tell us when HomeSeer Alexa SmartHome API will allow Scenes to be imported? Several other HomeAutomation systems, Control4 and Insteon off the top of my head, already are supporting scenes so I don't understand why HomeSeer isn't.

Can someone explain how devices get named or give us better control over how they get named when imported to Alexa?

When will HomeSeer Alexa SmartHome API allow the import of devices that use the "Control Use:" settings of Door Lock and Door Unlock?
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
              X