No announcement yet.

Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've added an updated version 3.0.2.7 to message #7 of this thread.

Steve

Comment

ZSmoke working

Installed new version and working fine.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve,

Seeing frequent messages like this in the log with the new version:

Code:
        Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	Z-Wave	Main ZNet: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 20(Bathroom - Ensuite Water Leak Detection Bathroom - Ensuite Toilet Water Leak Node 20 Root).
        Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	SDJ-Health	ERROR - monitoring a log message: Public member 'LastWake' on type 'WakeupMessage' not found.
        Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	Z-Wave	Main ZNet: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 20
        It looks like it's monitoring ok though:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1188915

Any ideas?

Thanks
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Steve,

Seeing frequent messages like this in the log with the new version:

Code:
          Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	Z-Wave	Main ZNet: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 20(Bathroom - Ensuite Water Leak Detection Bathroom - Ensuite Toilet Water Leak Node 20 Root).
          Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	SDJ-Health	ERROR - monitoring a log message: Public member 'LastWake' on type 'WakeupMessage' not found.
          Feb-12 3:50:12 PM	 	Z-Wave	Main ZNet: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 20
          It looks like it's monitoring ok though:

Any ideas?

Thanks
          Al
          Hi Al,

Sorry that slipped through. Can result in the odd missed wakeup but corrected in updated version 3.0.2.8, attached to message #7.

Thanks for spotting.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            Hi Al,

Sorry that slipped through. Can result in the odd missed wakeup but corrected in updated version 3.0.2.8, attached to message #7.

Thanks for spotting.
            Steve
            Thanks Steve, have installed the new version and haven't seen the error since.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
              Cool plugin...thank you!

All my Insteon door sensors report.
              I just installed this plugin. Did you have to do anything for this plugin to recognize your insteon sensors? Also, are you using the ISY or Mark's plugin? (i'm using the former, but still hoping this will work as I have a mix of z-wave and insteon sensors)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                I just installed this plugin. Did you have to do anything for this plugin to recognize your insteon sensors? Also, are you using the ISY or Mark's plugin? (i'm using the former, but still hoping this will work as I have a mix of z-wave and insteon sensors)
                This plug-in is exclusively Z-Wave. I'm not against extending it to incorporate other technologies but, as I don't have any Insteon devices, I don't know whether it is feasible. If they send some kind of regular wakeup call, heartbeat or the battery child is pollable then it would probably not be difficult to include them. I would however require information and testing by someone who has a suitable system.

Steve

Comment

This plug-in is exclusively Z-Wave. I'm not against extending it to incorporate other technologies but, as I don't have any Insteon devices, I don't know whether it is feasible. If they send some kind of regular wakeup call, heartbeat or the battery child is pollable then it would probably not be difficult to include them. I would however require information and testing by someone who has a suitable system.

Steve
                  I asked because @MrMxyzptlk suggested his Insteon devices were working (though maybe I misread it).

All battery Insteon Devices (at least the ones I own) do have a "hearbeat" device associated with them (at least from the ISY plugin they do). This heartbeat flips back and forth between on and off depending on the settings (normally every 24 hours).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    All battery Insteon Devices (at least the ones I own) do have a "hearbeat" device associated with them (at least from the ISY plugin they do). This heartbeat flips back and forth between on and off depending on the settings (normally every 24 hours).

Well that sounds promisIng. I'm working on some significant enhancements to the plug-in at the moment which are realistically going to take a couple of weeks or so. Once I have it all working as I want I can start looking at broadening it's application. However, if you want to PM me I can give you a list of the information I will likely need to investigate Insteon battery devices.
                    Steve

Comment

Hello all,

I added an Aeon Labs Z-wave Gen 5 Multisensor yesterday to my Z-wave network. It appeared in the Plugin config as "Device 00292 Sensor" but hasn't created a monitored status after a number of hours. The battery status of the device is updating regularly. I added it to the "Devices requiring polling" but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions to "kick" it into gear?

This is my first device like this and the only thing new about it is that it's Z-wave plus, as far as I can see.

BTW, I have 8 other Z-wave battery powered devices that have all been discovered and are tracked by the plugin. Great piece of work!

Additional detail - I turned the logging to 2 and added the device to polling again, and this was logged:

Feb-16 8:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Poll result for #293 Result = 6 : Value = -2
                      Feb-16 8:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Polling Device #293
                      Feb-16 7:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Poll result for #293 Result = 6 : Value = -2
                      Feb-16 7:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Polling Device #293
                      Feb-16 6:26:39 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Parent Device #292 added to polling list.

292 is the root Z-wave device
                      293 is the battery child device
                      Not sure about the 6 and value = -2.
                      The battery currently shows 69
                      Last edited by mterry63; February 16, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                        Hello all,

I added an Aeon Labs Z-wave Gen 5 Multisensor yesterday to my Z-wave network. It appeared in the Plugin config as "Device 00292 Sensor" but hasn't created a monitored status after a number of hours. The battery status of the device is updating regularly. I added it to the "Devices requiring polling" but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions to "kick" it into gear?

This is my first device like this and the only thing new about it is that it's Z-wave plus, as far as I can see.

BTW, I have 8 other Z-wave battery powered devices that have all been discovered and are tracked by the plugin. Great piece of work!

Additional detail - I turned the logging to 2 and added the device to polling again, and this was logged:

Feb-16 8:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Poll result for #293 Result = 6 : Value = -2
                        Feb-16 8:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Polling Device #293
                        Feb-16 7:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Poll result for #293 Result = 6 : Value = -2
                        Feb-16 7:09:30 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Polling Device #293
                        Feb-16 6:26:39 PM SDJ-Health Debug - Parent Device #292 added to polling list.

292 is the root Z-wave device
                        293 is the battery child device
                        Not sure about the 6 and value = -2.
                        The battery currently shows 69
                        I have several Aeon Labs Z-wave Gen 5 Multisensors. Only one is running on batteries and that is a Multisensor 6 but it reports fine.
                        The things to check are, what you have the Wake Up interval set to, and then filter the log for 'Wake-Up Notification Received' and look to see if that node is logging any wake up messages.

You want to remove it from the list of devices to be polled because that will only work with listening devices. It shouldnt appear in the list of devices available for polling unless HS is confused over its setup. Was it perhaps include on USB power and then changed to batteries?

Steve

Comment

I have several Aeon Labs Z-wave Gen 5 Multisensors. Only one is running on batteries and that is a Multisensor 6 but it reports fine.
                          The things to check are, what you have the Wake Up interval set to, and then filter the log for 'Wake-Up Notification Received' and look to see if that node is logging any wake up messages.

You want to remove it from the list of devices to be polled because that will only work with listening devices. It shouldnt appear in the list of devices available for polling unless HS is confused over its setup. Was it perhaps include on USB power and then changed to batteries?

Steve
                          I checked the log and found no Wake-up entries, so I went back and rescanned the device and reset the wake up interval (which was set to 15 minutes). The log entries started showing up after that and the plugin began monitoring normally. Not sure why, the unit was always on batteries.

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction. Great plugin! It would be great if an event action would allow setting a battery threshold to trigger on for all monitored devices. I currently run an event every day that iterates through all battery Z-wave devices and emails me the device name if any are below 20%, but it takes a bit of effort in an event to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                            I checked the log and found no Wake-up entries, so I went back and rescanned the device and reset the wake up interval (which was set to 15 minutes). The log entries started showing up after that and the plugin began monitoring normally. Not sure why, the unit was always on batteries.

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction. Great plugin! It would be great if an event action would allow setting a battery threshold to trigger on for all monitored devices. I currently run an event every day that iterates through all battery Z-wave devices and emails me the device name if any are below 20%, but it takes a bit of effort in an event to do this.
                            Glad you got it working.

What you are asking for is coming, it will just take time. The version I am running now monitors battery level, discharge rate, and age which can all trigger events from the one root device. The trigger values can be set globally but can also be overridden for individual devices where necessary. I need to write the user interface side of things before I can release a beta though.

Steve

Comment

Glad you got it working.

What you are asking for is coming, it will just take time. The version I am running now monitors battery level, discharge rate, and age which can all trigger events from the one root device. The trigger values can be set globally but can also be overridden for individual devices where necessary. I need to write the user interface side of things before I can release a beta though.

Steve
                              so you did discharge rate? Cool!

Comment

I have 2 monoprice motion sensors that aren't being picked up. To be fair, the battery %s haven't changed since I included them. I don't see any wakeup notifications in the logs, which explains why the plugin isn't picking them up. They do send motion and temp without an issue.

More of a general question: Does anyone else have these motion sensors working with this plugin?

p.s. I did check the wakeup on 1 and it was set to 1 hour, and that is when I get the temp updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X