connection of motion sensors to HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection of motion sensors to HomeSeer

I've got 6 wired C&K model DT 435T motion sensors that are permanently mounted in my house, which have never been used before. (sensors are combination microwave & PIR)

They are 12vdc powered normally closed wired sensors, with each of the individual cables running to one location that is next to an AC outlet.

I have recently purchased a Zee S2 unit to work with the variety of legacy X10 devices that are in the house and newer Zwave hardware that I add.

Unfortunately, the location of the motion sensors' cabling is not near the location of the HomeSeer Zee S2 controller.

Question: will it be easy to add the 6 motion sensors above to the S2 HomeSeer system I now have?

thanks,

Ron

Originally posted by rgraham1 View Post
    I've got 6 wired C&K model DT 435T motion sensors that are permanently mounted in my house, which have never been used before. (sensors are combination microwave & PIR)

They are 12vdc powered normally closed wired sensors, with each of the individual cables running to one location that is next to an AC outlet.

I have recently purchased a Zee S2 unit to work with the variety of legacy X10 devices that are in the house and newer Zwave hardware that I add.

Unfortunately, the location of the motion sensors' cabling is not near the location of the HomeSeer Zee S2 controller.

Question: will it be easy to add the 6 motion sensors above to the S2 HomeSeer system I now have?

thanks,

Ron
    Even if the cabling was near, you would still have no way of connecting them to the Zee. You need some sort of digital input. I would use an Arduino, but there are other solutions. There are Z-Wave dry contact modules and security panels. In my house the motion sensors are wired into my security system and the security system communicates with HomeSeer via an Envisalink communication module and Spud's plug-in.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

Depending on how handle he is, he can use a Gamepad with Blade's plugin. That is what I use with my setup to hook in wires sensors for monitoring motion in my kitchen as well as my sump crock.

There is also the Arduino plugin, which would be similar.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Comment

If you want a z-wave solution, look at the MIMO 2+ and MIMOLite by Fortrezz. If you are into DIY, check out the Z-Uno: https://z-uno.z-wave.me/. The North American version is supposed to be released this month.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al, Randy, & Dan -

thanks for your previous comments.

having spent some time (re)reading whatever I could find on the topic of connecting digital inputs to controllers I think I have a better understanding of what is needed. However, I'm still far from the finish line...

couple more questions while I struggle to figure out how to best solve my problem.

given my lack of knowledge and experience with these hardware and software issues, I should probably look for solutions that will not be a difficult DIY project. Any suggestions for a solution that a newbie like me can implement without getting stuck?

I also have in the house a (new) JDS Time Commander Plus controller that was never used. It appears to have plenty of analog & digital inputs and also relay outputs that I can easily attach to.
            (JDS TCP review link: http://www.hometoys.com/content.php?...es/ido/ido.htm)

However, it looks like X10 would be the only way I could get the JDS TCP to communicate with the HomeSeer controller.

Can I get your advice? Would you recommend I try to solve my problem using this JDS controller or just leave it on the shelf where I found it?

thanks for any advice you can send my way!!

Ron

Comment

Working...
            X