Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this work with Lightwave RF devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this work with Lightwave RF devices?

Hi all - I have used Oregon sensors with this plugin for some time and all works perfectly but I have never been able to add Lightwave RF relays to the system. If I go into the RFXCOM output devices I can't find any Lightwave devices but have tried the 2 relay devices listed there (as well as a bunch of others) but when I put the relay into learning mode and turn the created device in HS3 to 'On' it isn't recognised. I've combed through the forums but can't find any guidance on this other than the RFXCOM user guide says that Lightwave RF devices are supported.
    I must be missing something obvious - can anyone advise please?

You have to select:
    AD-DIMMER, AD-MODULE or AD-RELAY.

See also chapter 8.41 - 8.43 in the RFXCOM HS3 User Guide.pdf

To receive LightwaveRF enable the AD protocol in the RFXtrx433

Comment

Thank you for your reply but this is still not working. The AD protocol is already selected in the RFXtrx433. There is no AD-RELAY device option shown in the output device list so I have tried with AD-Module but without success. I am assuming that when I add an output device I can just make up the codes requested in creation page and that these codes are then used later when adding a new device to HS3 but there is no direct correlation between the RFXCOM creation page and the HS device creation page so not really clear on this. I have read various guides relating this (as well as forum postings) but cant find an RFXCOM HS3 User guide (I'm running HS3 on a Raspberry). This worked perfectly on a Vera installation so I am quite sure that the core setup is valid and as I said it works fine with 4 Oregon sensors (these were all immediately detected when I first set up). Any further ideas please?

Comment

The pdf is normally installed with the plug-in installation.
        Please check how to access the Docs directory on your HS system.

With the latest plug-in you should see 3 AD devices on the RFXCOM - Output device config page.

Add a LightwaveRF receiver module
        Go to the PLUG-INS - RFXCOM - Output Devices configuration page
        Add an AD module,
        On the device configuration RFXCOM tab select a random ID code,
        Go to the HS Status page,
        Put the LightwaveRF device in learn mode, (see the LightwaveRF instruction manual)
        On the Status page click ON at the device.
        Attached Files

Comment

Appreciate your help but I am still confused by this. Apparently there was a newer version of this plug-in so I have updated my version and also located the user guide and read the section you refer to. The RFXCOM AD_RELAY option now appears. The RFXCOM output device screen is not laid out the same as the user guide as the 'House Code' and 'Device Code' fields are not present but as these are flagged as 'Not used' I assume that this does not matter. Once I have completed the fields that are present and selected done I go back to the HS Device Management page and select Device Status and RFXCOM. A new device is shown which HS seems to think is a window shutter (Open/Close/Stop). If I put the LW device into learning mode and click on Open nothing happens.
          I had 3 of these devices working with the RFXtrx433E and a Vera controller but so far can only get HS3 to work with this plugin and Oregon sensors. Any more ideas please?

Comment

It is correct to have the Open/Stop/Close buttons at the AD_RELAY.

You can use the same ID - Unit code as used in RFXmngr or VERA.
            Did you select the right transmitter?
            What is displayed in the HS Log with Debug Level 2 for the Transmitters enabled on the RFXCOM - General config page?

If it does not operate reset the LightwaveRF relay to remove all remotes and try again.

Comment

Finally tracked it down to the Lightwave Relay device itself. I had already completely reset it but still could not get it recognised. Now I have swapped it out for another LW relay and that works perfectly so I guess the relay I was testing is faulty. Pleased to have reached a solution and appreciate your patience and help.

Comment

Working...
              X