Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Please discuss the Snevl Weather Warnings (Senvl_WW) package in this thread. The ZIP of the entire package is posted in the Script Library thread here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147339 .

Steve

Steve

No repeats so far. All is looking good.

Thom

Comment

Thanks for the work on this -- seems to work well. (Had to move myself to Montana, though, to get some test alerts).

Is the "Description" saved and available for use in the announcements or email? I don't see it in the template options. (I'm not sure that I'd want to listen to it, but I might like to email the full description.)

Thanks
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt91 View Post
        Thanks for the work on this -- seems to work well. (Had to move myself to Montana, though, to get some test alerts).

Is the "Description" saved and available for use in the announcements or email? I don't see it in the template options. (I'm not sure that I'd want to listen to it, but I might like to email the full description.)

Thanks
        Matt
        The description field from the XML is the $WARNING variable in the templates. See page 14 of the User Manual. The first time I tried my script myself I had it announce the full description, and quickly realized it was a bit much, droning on for what seemed like several minutes.

Steve

Comment

Just FYI:
          1. I had a couple of alerts today that cleary shoud be de-duped. I eventually set the de-dupe to not use effective date/time, expires date/time, and the headline. At that point the script recognized a dupe.
          2. In order to really test the de-dupe, you need to clear out the internal knowledge of prevous alerts. The manual way to do that is to edit the config file ad delete hte content of the [Alerts] section. I plan on having a manual way of doing that in the next release, but you may want to use a manual edit to the INI to check it our for now.
          Steve
          Last edited by stevea; February 6, 2011, 09:13 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

27 downloads and no complaints on v1.0? That can't be right.

I've made a couple of minor changes, not worth posting a new version. If there are other thingsI need to address, please let me know.

Maybe my soapbox speech about source code scared everyone away....

Steve

Comment

Steve, perfect as usual
              Works like a charm. Looks great in HST too.

Tim
              Attached Files
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Working Great here with no doubles.

I still think I would like 6 config boxes at the bottom.

I have had 4 seperate no dup warnings

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                  Steve, perfect as usual
                  Works like a charm. Looks great in HST too.

Tim
                  Tim - Your screens are definitely cool, and quite unique.

I think I still need to work on the formatting of the text of the warning message. As parsed from the XML, it's all caps and has "..." between what I assume is sentences, but I see there are still some issues. Also, they put in asterisks for bulletted stuff, so I probably should display that in the device string as new lines with bullets.
                  Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
                  Working Great here with no doubles.

I still think I would like 6 config boxes at the bottom.

I have had 4 seperate no dup warnings

Thom
                  Thom,

Just to make sure I know what you are talking about... I currently allow you to configure devices for 3 alerts. Are you saying you want 6? Geesh. 9 devices per alert, that's 54 devices. The code for the config page is going to be bigger than the code for the script!

When you say you've had "no dup warnings": Are you using de-dupe? Is it actually rejecting some duplicates?

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Yes dedup is working perfect so far. I have seen 4 very different alerts.

My issue is that one of the important ones we could hear but not read.

Thom

By the way Bigger is better right

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                    Tim - Your screens are definitely cool, and quite unique.

I think I still need to work on the formatting of the text of the warning message. As parsed from the XML, it's all caps and has "..." between what I assume is sentences, but I see there are still some issues. Also, they put in asterisks for bulletted stuff, so I probably should display that in the device string as new lines with bullets.

Thom,

Just to make sure I know what you are talking about... I currently allow you to configure devices for 3 alerts. Are you saying you want 6? Geesh. 9 devices per alert, that's 54 devices. The code for the config page is going to be bigger than the code for the script!

When you say you've had "no dup warnings": Are you using de-dupe? Is it actually rejecting some duplicates?

Steve

Comment

Stuff I haven't done yet:
                      Posting data to an LED sign via the LEDAM plug-in (I don't use LEDAM, and so will have to use some examples to guess how to do it). This is the only code I have left to do, other than bug fixes.
                      Here is how I set up my LEDAM script if you still need it.
                      Set up your "New Alert" event like so-

New Alert
                      (trigger) Device Snevl Warnings Alert Count value is greater than 0
                      WHEN
                      Everyday

Last ran: Today 10:18 AM

(Actions)
                      Run script: bbWthrWarning2.txt
                      Run script: bbWthrWarning3.txt
                      Run script: bbWthrWarning4.txt
                      Media Player: Player Action: Play All Tracks
                      Play Playlist alarm01

The "A72" device is the "Alert Headline"
                      "bbWthrWarning3.txt" and "bbWthrWarning4.txt"
                      is for the other 2 "Alert Headlines"

Code:
                      sub main()

dim s

s=RemoveHTML(hs.DeviceString("A72"))

Set LEDAM = hs.GetPlugins("LEDAM")
                      'need to fix the html coding and remove it from the string below
                      LEDAM.SendMessage "WX1", "Weather warning 1 " & s , "start", 60, 4, 5, 1
                      'LEDAM.SendMessage "WX warning 1", "Weather warning 2 " &s , "start", 15, 4, 5, 0

end sub

Function RemoveHTML(strText)
                      Dim RegEx
                      Set RegEx = New RegExp
                      RegEx.Pattern = "<[^>]*>"
                      RegEx.Global = True
                      RemoveHTML = RegEx.Replace(strText, ".")
                      End Function
                      Hope this makes sense.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                        Here is how I set up my LEDAM script if you still need it....
                        Tim,
                        That does help, but I think it brings up some other questions. First: I know for Snevl_bb you can queue multiple messages and they will display one at a time in a first-in, first-out order. If you have multiple alerts and I send them all to LEDAM, will it queue them up in order?

Second, I need a couple of explanations on what is in the call to LEDAM:
                        Code:
                        LEDAM.SendMessage "WX1", "Weather warning 1 " & s , "start", 60, 4, 5, 1
                        • "WX1" - Is it a safe bet that this is just some label you can give a message inside LEDAM?
                        • Looks like the second arg is the message to post
                        • "start" vs ? (Are there other options)
                        • 60 - I assume this is the # of seconds to display?
                        • 4?
                        • 5?
                        • 1?
                        I would imagine there are still some LEDAM docs some place, so maybe I need to look for them. I'm out of town on a business trip right now, so I probably won't actually make any changes until this weekend.

Thanks again.

Steve

Comment

So far all I have found is this-http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120036

I know I have a backup of the original docs somewhere.

"WX1" - Is it a safe bet that this is just some label you can give a message inside LEDAM?
                          Looks like the second arg is the message to post
                          "start" vs ? (Are there other options)
                          60 - I assume this is the # of seconds to display?
                          4? --can't remember
                          5? --can't remember
                          1? --this is an audible beep from the sign itself

Comment

Typical Steve scripts... installed without issues and works as agreed.

THANKS!

Comment

I have not had any alerts yet so jest waiting. But if like any of the other scripts it will work great.

I am in need of the thumbs_up.gif can someone send it to me. jgary@mindspring.com

cheers - Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X