Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Frame2 - WAF above 0 needed - can somebody help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to get past this.

It all works well on the local HS computer, but when I try to deploy it to my android tablet it seems to be having trouble displaying the pictures.

I tried to use my local URL http://192.168.1.219:82/JOWI_Picture.../EETopMain.jpg

or a public IP http://98.155.55.5:82//JOWI_PictureRandom/EETopMain.jpg

in either case it just seems to freeze up and eventually HSTouch closes.

I set all the proper permissions (I think), also when I try to run these addresses in a browser on the tablet they display the pictures properly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

jjsmd,

I do not have android at hand here, so cannot check if it would work for this device.
      I have changed my 'refreshing' event though in the past for some reason I cannot remember (probably for the iPhone/iPad). Maybe it will work for your Android device too.

Run script:JOWI_PictureRandom.vb("Main","")Wait:3 seconds
      HSTouch Server:

Set the text property of an element:
      Client: All Clients
      Element: PhotoFrame:Picture
      URL: http://<local-IP/Jowi_PictureRandom/EETopMain.jpg

HSTouch Server:

Set the text property of an element:
      Client: All Clients
      Element: Newhome:Picture
      URL: http://<local-IP/Jowi_PictureRandom/Ipad-P.jpg

You could try this?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for a great script, I am currently having a play with it and trying to set back up my tablet screensaver (to increase the WAF). I noticed however when it was scrolling through photos, it appears to be resizing the photos in a way that is not ideal.

My tablet size is 480 x 800, in landscape mode currently, so when i set the image size as that, it stretches the images until they are barely recognizable, for some reason however some images seem fine and resize perfectly, basically just showing up with a black box around the border.

Are you able to suggest how this could be fixed, the image / textbox is set to size = normal, so it is not being stretched from there, however i know if i implement it now i am going to get unhappy sighs , but i am very keen to use it.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

The script does not change the proportions, so if you have a picture of 3:4, the resized picture will have a 3:4 proportion too.

Doublecheck if you have the picture element set to normal? Do not use stretched, because that is de effect you describe?
          Another check is to look at the pictures you are offering the script. If the pictures are smaller then 480x800, the script will enlarge the picture, wich gives a ugly effect too.

It would be better to remove the small pictures.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

travidish,

Did you solve seeinhg the poor quality pictures?

Regards,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,
              I am digging out this old topic, trying to have a random picture on my HStouch main screen.

The script is working great, pictures are saved in the suposed directory.
              These .jpg images can be seen using paint, or windows viewer or picassa viewer.

The problem is they cannot be loaded with HS touch, and are freezing the touchpad...

I also just discovered I cannot open these images using fireworks wich usually opens any format.
              This image could be opened with fireworks after simply renaming it with a .png extension.

I could not find anything more on what could be bad in the image format, or different in my computer's setup
              I tried to enclose a picture to this message but had this error:
              This PNG image has the incorrect file extension..

Thanks
              Pierre
              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Replying to myself.. to whom it may concern

If you cannot have hstouch open the files generated with the (excellent) JOWI_PictureRandom.vb, just change line 66

From
                bm_dest.Save(_pathOutputImage)
                To:
                bm_dest.Save(_pathOutputImage,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFo rmat.Jpeg)
                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

i guess this is broken with hs 3 pro?

2/28/2014 9:53:18 AM ~!~Error~!~Running script, script run or compile error in file: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandom.vb.txt1025:Expected end of statement in line 1 More info: Expected end of statement

Comment

Originally posted by fischb22 View Post
                    i guess this is broken with hs 3 pro?
                    I did update the script for my use with HS3. So it works now. I added anothe update though that might not be needed for everyone so I have to look how I could publish this on the board. The change I made was adding a device in HS3 with the names of all subdirectories under the base directory.

IE if the base directory would be c:\Pictures and a sub directory would be c:\Pictures\2013\Family, the device would hold a button called 2013\Family. Once you activate this button, the script would only select pictures from this album until you change it. I am hoping to use this in HSTouch as a selector somehouw in the near future.

That was the main change I did. If you'd like it I could post it in the HS3 plugins/scripts area somewhere next week?

Regards,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Are the downloads on page 1 updated to reflect any changes you have made? Is there a definative installation & configuration document - rather than read through all the changes and updates?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                        Are the downloads on page 1 updated to reflect any changes you have made? Is there a definative installation & configuration document - rather than read through all the changes and updates?
                        Scott,

I wasn't able to update last weekend. I hope to find the time this weekend. But I will start a new thread for the HS3 version as it might save confusion.

Regards,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          Scott,

I wasn't able to update last weekend. I hope to find the time this weekend. But I will start a new thread for the HS3 version as it might save confusion.

Regards,

Wim
                          Cheers Wim. I'm not moving to HS3 for a while yet - looks like still too many problems in the forums! I'll try the code on my HS2 and hopefully move to HS3 once the HSTouch noises have died down a bit...

Cheers
                          Scott

Comment

Sorry Scott,

I was reading your question wrong here, preoccupied with HS3.
                            In that case, for HS2 all instructions and updates are in the first message. I kept updating this one to reflect the actual steps to implement the script. be carefull about the scripting references line, this board keeps adding a space where it shouldnt.

Regards,

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Getting error

1. I'm on HS2 and trying to implement the script as originally posted in the very beginning of this thread.

I'm getting this Error message in the log

Error Script compile error: Type 'Drawing.Bitmap' is not defined.on line 55

2. I copied the .ini file in the "Config" folder and have a copy in the "Scripts" folder. Is this the right thing to do?

Thanks,

RI2

Comment

Ri2,

the ini file should be only in the config directory. To prevent confusion I would remove it again from the scripts folder as it does not belong there.

For the Drawing.Bitmap error. Did you update the settings ini file?

"To be able to run the script successfully you will have to adjust the line "ScriptingReferences" under [settings] in settings.ini.
                                Add "System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll,System.Drawing.Image; System.Drawing.dll" preceded by a comma to this line. "

If this line is not yet in settings.ini you have to add this line (without the preceeding comma).

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X