933 AM CDT TUE AUG 23 2011

ILZ011>014-019>023-032-231515-
    COOK IL-DE KALB IL-DUPAGE IL-GRUNDY IL-KANE IL-KANKAKEE IL-KENDALL
    IL-LA SALLE IL-LIVINGSTON IL-WILL IL-
    933 AM CDT TUE AUG 23 2011

...SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT...

AT 932 AM...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED STRONG
    THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM BENSENVILLE TO MINOOKA TO
    13 MILES SOUTH OF TONICA...MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

WINDS UP TO 50 MPH...OCCASIONAL CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...BRIEF
    HEAVY DOWNPOURS CREATING MINOR PONDING ON ROADS...ARE POSSIBLE WITH
    THESE STORMS.
    Debug:

2011-08-23 09:51:01Z ... Check_for_Alerts(): Node count = 1
    2011-08-23 09:51:01Z ... Check_for_Alerts(): Item id = http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.atom
    2011-08-23 09:51:01Z ... Check_for_Alerts(): No active alerts
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Stevea,

New alerts today.

Now when I get a new alert it will bring back up some old dates until the new alert goes away and re-hides the devices.

I have turned off Hide devices for now.
      Attached Files
      -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
      Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
      HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
      W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Pete,

When you see an alert on NOAA, try immediately to go look at that web site listed in the debug: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.atom. That should let you see right away what alerts are active accourding to NWS. I'm beginning to think somehow I'm parsing something wrong, but I don't know how I'm getting it wrong for you and it works fine for me.

Zap,

I don't think I can completely understand what you are seeing, but it may be the same problem that Pete is seeing. Please turn on the debug, and save up some of the info for me. Zip up the ATOM and CAP files along with the log file (all in the logs directory) and email them to me at snevl at msn dot com.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve.

I will do. The severe weather lasted a few hours yesterday; came and went. Something is different from a previous version when I kept having to tweak down the number of alerts; but don't recall which version that was anymore.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You have e-mail, thanks for looking.
            -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

I am unsure what I could have done or what is going on. I am seeing the weather warnings listed in the logs, but they are not being spoken. I run snevl Weather warning, Weather bug and blades. I am not getting any of them to announce. I even tried the other night re installing all of them and this morning still none of them spoke out the speakers. I do get the time and weather speak out every hour and pollen on the half hour and they still work fine.
              Looking for any suggestions, maybe a suggestion of just one program that will give me the daily weather and the weather warnings, I would just run one,
              Thank you in advance.
              danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                KRK,

If you send me an email at snevl AT MSN DOT COM I'll try and pull together a ZIP that you can install manually (I'll try and write up some instructions). It isn't as easy as running an installer, although it sounds like it would be in your case... I won't be able to do it until the weekend - Hope that's OK.

Steve

I am still running on Windows 2000, was hoping that you could pull together that zip file for installation since I am getting the same errors as described above.

thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by bullad View Post
                  I am still running on Windows 2000, was hoping that you could pull together that zip file for installation since I am getting the same errors as described above.

thanks a lot
                  Well, like I said, send me an email and I'll give you a link to a ZIP.

Steve

Comment

Stevea,

On the 19th had a heat advisory issued: device status (Today 2:29 pm)

Device status Alert 1 severity, Alert 1 Urgency, Alert 1 Certainty, Alert 1 Instruction, ect
                    all show different dates and times for the Alert
                    all circled in red.

Shouldn't all Alert 1's have at least same date and not days apart?
                    Attached Files
                    -Mike-

Comment

Mike,

I assume this is in reply to the email thread you and I were having? Didn't expect the reply to be here, but I guess that is OK.

The SetDeviceString function in Homeseer doesn't update the last changed date/time unless the string actually changes (see this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...31&postcount=9). So, I would guess that if the previous alert had the same strings in those items (and I bet they did), the date time wouldn't change.

Like I said earlier, the version I've got waiting in the wings actually clears out the device strings even if you have the devices hidden, which would make this work the way you are looking for. In the current release, I don't clear out the old devices for those that are "hidden". So, the bottom line is that I think you will be OK with the next version. I can email you a beta, but it looks like you don't like email?

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Got a verbal WW just a few minutes ago. First time in a while. Looks to be working.

Atom file shows:

<title>Rip Current Statement issued August 27 at 10:19AM CDT expiring August 27 at 6:30PM CDT by NWS Chicago http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/</title>
                        <link href="http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=IL20110827151900RipCurrentStatement201108272 33000IL.LOTCFWLOT.a7ed70668ca8a732fcf58633f930fe3f" />
                        <summary>...RIP CURRENT RISK REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING... * TIMING...STRONG WINDS AND HIGH WAVES WILL DEVELOP LATE THIS MORNING AND EARLY THIS AFTERNOON THEN CONTINUE THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. * IMPACTS...THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS FOR THE LAKE COUNTY ILLINOIS SHORE AND A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS FOR THE</summary>
                        <cap:effective>2011-08-27T10:19:00-05:00</cap:effective>
                        <cap:expires>2011-08-27T18:30:00-05:00</cap:expires>
                        WW alert page:

Code:
                        Rip Current Statement issued August 27 at 10:19AM CDT expiring August 27 at 6:30PM CDT by NWS Chicago

Rip current risk remains in effect through Sunday evening, 
                        •timing, strong winds and high waves will develop late this morning and early this afternoon then continue through Sunday evening. 
                        •impacts, there is a moderate risk of rip currents for the lake county illinois shore and a high risk of rip currents for the cook county illinois shore and all of the indiana shore today through Sunday evening.

Areas: Cook; Lake

Severity:   Urgency:   Certainty:
                        Code:
                        NOAA shows:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
                        HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
                        NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
                        1132 AM CDT SAT AUG 27 2011

ILZ003>006-008-010>014-019>023-032-033-039-INZ001-002-010-011-019-
                        281645-
                        WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE ILLINOIS-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-
                        DUPAGE-COOK-LA SALLE-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-LIVINGSTON-
                        IROQUOIS-FORD-LAKE INDIANA-PORTER-NEWTON-JASPER-BENTON-
                        1132 AM CDT SAT AUG 27 2011 /1232 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011/

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST
                        ILLINOIS...AND NORTHWEST INDIANA.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

THE WILL BE AN INCREASED RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE ILLINOIS
                        AND INDIANA SHORES THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.

THE WILL BE AN INCREASED RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE ILLINOIS
                        AND INDIANA SHORES SUNDAY AND SUNDAY EVENING.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NECESSARY THROUGH TONIGHT.

&&

COMPLETE FORECAST INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON THE NWS CHICAGO
                        WEBPAGE: WEATHER.GOV/CHICAGO
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete - Yay!!!

Although, I still don't know what was going on with your system before, and since I didn't do anything to fix it I suspect the problem will crop up again. Until then, enjoy!

Steve

Comment

I'm putting the alerts on the touchscreens; such that I will pay more attention. I am being optimistic.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Today its a bit cloudy - so I went to the NOAA site and see a "Hazardous Weather Outlook" on the NOAA site. My county is there and its listed for today.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...eather+Outlook

Hazardous Weather Outlook
                              HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK...CORRECTED
                              NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
                              1104 AM CDT FRI SEP 2 2011

ILZ003>006-008-010>014-019>023-032-033-039-INZ001-002-010-011-019-
                              031615-
                              WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE ILLINOIS-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-
                              DUPAGE-COOK-LA SALLE-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-LIVINGSTON-
                              IROQUOIS-FORD-LAKE INDIANA-PORTER-NEWTON-JASPER-BENTON-
                              1104 AM CDT FRI SEP 2 2011 /1204 PM EDT FRI SEP 2 2011/
                              Checking:

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.atom

I only see "heat alerts" from yesterday 01SEPT2001; nothing for today.

I looked at the firewall, cleared the proxy cache and disabled it; same thing.

So the next thing I did was remote into my computer in FL. Checked the Atom file page and its showing today's alerts.
                              The two JPG's below are the screen grabs; one here in the MW and the other from FL.

So shut off the web proxy and rebooted the firewall; reloaded the atom page locally and now its showing today's atom file.

I did this the last time when we had some severe weather and you tested in CO and I tested in IL (but I never checked in from FL).

Ran the Snevl WW Alert a couple of times. I still don't see the alert coming up though as a variable or on the alert page.

Maybe though I haven't waited long enough.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Pete; September 2, 2011, 12:49 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

It may be the timing. It's 1:13p here, so I would guess it is 2:13p in Chicago. Your post was over 90 minutes ago (sorry, I was out). I just checked http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/il.atom and there are a ton of heat alerts dated today. Do you see them now?

There may be a delay, although that seems surprising. I thought the automated ATOM/CAP feeds were supposed to be the new quick way to publish information to everyone that should need the data. It doesn't seem like forecase.weather.gov as a web page should be more up-to-date than the ATOM/CAP feeds.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X