This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Our previous weather option only supported weather in the US. As we have users worldwide, this really needed to be addressed. The new weather option (World Weather Online) works around the globe.
    In fact, as I've stated repeatedly in these forums, there is no reason whatever that WeatherBug cannot be used worldwide. All that was necessary up until now was to substitute a "CityCode" within the project XML file, replacing the current ZipCode. This information is available for any location worldwide from within the WeatherBug documentation on site.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      In fact, as I've stated repeatedly in these forums, there is no reason whatever that WeatherBug cannot be used worldwide. All that was necessary up until now was to substitute a "CityCode" within the project XML file, replacing the current ZipCode. This information is available for any location worldwide from within the WeatherBug documentation on site.
      Just to re-iterate this, I posted (probably at least a year, if not two ago) about how to get non-US weather into HSTouch using WeatherBug specifying the city code, how to search for city codes etc - my post appears to have been deleted but still, it was possible and can't see it needed this much effort to get non-US weather data into HS when it was so easily available before?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        I can confirm that existing weather screens do not work on the following setup:

Designer 1.0.65
        Windows Client 1.0.0.65
        HSTouch Plugin 1.0.0.53

The designer also has a small cosmetic issue when deploying.
        Same here - Most Weatherbug data is no longer available on any of my touch screens (No High/Low temperature, temperature rate, wind/gusts, light, inches of rain, humidity, barametric pressure, etc.). I'm running 1.0.65 Designer/Client and 1.0.0.53 Plugin. I tried the WWO API key, as well as Weatherbug's API key, in the HST config.
        Attached Files

Comment

As a US customer, I was just happy using the existing weatherbug data. I had no need to change any of my screens as they were working fine and were visually appealing. Going forward, I might be motivated to try the new feed, however, the existing feeds should have kept working as they have all along.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I've been reading this thread today. Are all you guys saying that if we upgrade the designer/client we're forced into using the WWO and will no longer be able to pull the WB data as we have been???
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
              I've been reading this thread today. Are all you guys saying that if we upgrade the designer/client we're forced into using the WWO and will no longer be able to pull the WB data as we have been???
              Actually, I think if you only update the HSTouch plugin your existing weather screens will not work.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

We're supposed to be able to use any RSS, even Weatherbug. But... All my touch screen computer's weather data "crashed" after updating the HS plug-in. Even touch screens that hadn't been updated with a new deployment stopped working. Also, for the icons that did work, they were replaced with WWO icons.

Comment

I was under the impression that this got changed due to WeatherBug changes in policy. Could be wrong though....
                  Don

Comment

The problem with staying with WeatherBug is that they are changing their API terms. When I was adding WeatherBug to weatherXML I had to sign up under their new terms. They allow a total of 400 requests per hour.
                    That is not per user or IP, that is per API key.

So mulitply every HSTouch user by every device they have HSTouch on and you can see that the limit is going to be hit pretty quick.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      The problem with staying with WeatherBug is that they are changing their API terms. When I was adding WeatherBug to weatherXML I had to sign up under their new terms. They allow a total of 400 requests per hour.
                      That is not per user or IP, that is per API key.

So mulitply every HSTouch user by every device they have HSTouch on and you can see that the limit is going to be hit pretty quick.
                      I registered for an API key for Weatherbug, as well as World Weather Online, so the 400 requests/hr. shouldn't be an issue.

FYI - I was reading on WWO's website that their data is only updated once every 3-4 hours. Weather conditions can vary greatly in that amount of time.

Comment

As others have noted I am running the current 65/53 softwares current to the morning of 9 Mar 2012. On two iPhones and one iTouch my weather says Bedford NH although the client data on the iPhone/iTouch has the same US zipcode it has always had.

What I have not seen noted yet, is that although my server is set to display Celsius, the temperatures for Bedford NH are coming up in Fahrenheit so this setting as well is not being picked up on the server side just as the zipcode is not being picked up on the client side.

This is really an unacceptable roll-out for what was working without a problem before. Even if Weatherbug was changing its terms of use, more information to the users and more testing would have maintained user confidence far better than this approach.

And, as was also noted, the iPhone/Pad has many other, far better, weather tools. If this HS Touch release can't be resolved easily, I'd just go ahead and program around the weather showing up at all on my templates...more of a bloatware add-on.

Comment

The new default screens use worldwideweather, not weatherbug, and the location no longer uses the zipcode, it uses the latitude and longitude as set in the HomeSeer settings. Check your settings there and see if they are correct for your location.

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
                          As others have noted I am running the current 65/53 softwares current to the morning of 9 Mar 2012. On two iPhones and one iTouch my weather says Bedford NH although the client data on the iPhone/iTouch has the same US zipcode it has always had.

What I have not seen noted yet, is that although my server is set to display Celsius, the temperatures for Bedford NH are coming up in Fahrenheit so this setting as well is not being picked up on the server side just as the zipcode is not being picked up on the client side.

This is really an unacceptable roll-out for what was working without a problem before. Even if Weatherbug was changing its terms of use, more information to the users and more testing would have maintained user confidence far better than this approach.

And, as was also noted, the iPhone/Pad has many other, far better, weather tools. If this HS Touch release can't be resolved easily, I'd just go ahead and program around the weather showing up at all on my templates...more of a bloatware add-on.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We only tested this on clean systems with the default config, I see issues with custom configs though. When we started the changes we could not get a weatherbug API key, they were not giving them out, so the changes were made to allow older configs to just work with the new RSS. I see now you CAN get an API key from weatherbug. So I have backed out ALL the changes except for the API key setting. Please try this HSTouch Server DLL, ver 1.0.0.54. Weatherbug will work as it did before if you get your own API key and enter it in the HSTouch Server settings. No changes to your projects or the Designer are required.

[UPDATE see newer build further down this thread]

Comment

I stopped HS2, moved HSPI-HSTOUCH.dll (.54) to the HS directory, and restarted HS2. Designer & client will not run due to:

HSTouch Server plug-in is incorrect version, or timeout getting the version from the server, version 1.0.0.53 or later is required.

HST client/designer 1.0.65
                              HSTouch Server, version: 1.0.0.54

Comment

Yes, it looks like a bug in the Designer and Windows client, it is fixed, update to .66 here:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/SetupHSTouch_1_0_0_66.exe

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                                I stopped HS2, moved HSPI-HSTOUCH.dll (.54) to the HS directory, and restarted HS2. Designer & client will not run due to:

HSTouch Server plug-in is incorrect version, or timeout getting the version from the server, version 1.0.0.53 or later is required.

HST client/designer 1.0.65
                                HSTouch Server, version: 1.0.0.54

Comment

Working...
                                X